1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The much needed, long overdue update

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GenesisYasu, Oct 13, 2020 at 1:25 AM.

?

Would you like to see a Optimization overhaul update?

This poll will close on Dec 1, 2020 at 12:25 AM.
  1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. GenesisYasu

I think its fair to say that along WITH the release of the Crimson Desert game coming out, We would also like to see a FULL OVERHAUL optimization update for Black Desert Online, thats including the elimination of pop-in and shadow jitter and also fps drops... They need to take the funds for the game, and the higher ups need to just take a cut one year, and put in the time and money to fix these issues... its been a issue since games launch, and I believe if this was resolved, not only would it bring a ton of people to the game, including those who have left, but the game would essentially expand its life-time for another 4 or more years, versus the time it would lose if it hypothetically is never worked on.

Anytime a game is struggling to hold 60 FPS on a RTX 2080, and has issues like Pop-in, Shader problems, and big FPS dips, I think thats signs of a much needed optimization overhaul.

[​IMG]

MoonDance17 likes this.
  2. GenesisYasu

Edit: BTW Anyone that actually replies or votes or keeps this thread alive, shows to the devs and their team that this is highly requested by the community, so if you are in favor for a update like this, show the love in this post, and let them see.

3. Dehor

upload_2020-10-17_7-39-5.png
    Anyone who is wandering. Btw i voted "yes" since it's good to play while ur charater is even more faster :D

EDITED:
    O btw.. It must be ur settings probelms if u can't even reach 60-70FPS with RTX 2080..
    upload_2020-10-17_7-51-50.png

#3 Dehor, Oct 17, 2020 at 6:40 AM
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020 at 6:51 AM
  4. GenesisYasu

No no, i Can hit 60, even 70 and sometimes 80 (rarely)... its most of the time 75 or so, but what i was saying is that, a GPU that is meant to perform at about 100 fps on most games today, cant run but at about 60 or so because of the optimization issues in the game... (Keep in mind, im speaking on behalf of REMASTERED) and then besides the FPS, the game has additional issues like Shadow Jitter, and Pop-in, which has been a long time request to be addressed and fixed by the community.

#4 GenesisYasu, Oct 18, 2020 at 3:57 AM
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 4:04 AM
  5. Marzipan Stan

yes, however i would submit to this topic that we include a significant network infrastructure upgrade as the highest optimization priority

6. GenesisYasu

Can you explain a little bit? Not many people fully understand optimization, let alone what you're talking about, for anyone that may be interested in this thread.

7. MADE

You don't really get what crimson desert is it seems.
    It will be a bdo replacer. They not going to waste effort on bdo afterwards, why would they?
    Heck, it's better for them if the whales switch, so their bought items reset, so they need to buy everything again...
    Not to mention that it would take a year or so, to implement this stuff, for close to no benefit. The players who left (that you speak of) mostly left cause the heavy P2W, and cause the empty and unfun "content", and cause the general incompetence of the game designers in every aspect of the game. They not going to come back, just cause they get +20fps, or a slightly nicer looking game... Bdo is already looks better than most other game, but that not going to make a game fun...

8. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

I run a 2070 super at 4k and on high settings sit at my refresh rate of 95fps, so idk man maybe your 2080 is in sleep mode or just maybe you want that super max ultra high x10 graphics and complain that you dont get high enough fps. pop ins while just maybe your running the game on your windows install drive. That is bad and creates alot of pop in issues.

9. TheGamerRc77

I'm running with an I7-4790k and 970G1 (ofc DDR3 RAM) with 110/140fps at grinding (Star's end, Sycraia, Hystria...). There are always tricks to have a noticeable performance improvement. I know it's better have a good performance with just how the game is optimizated, but it's a MMOrpg, don't expect much...

[​IMG]
    I'm using a tip since some years ago and it still work, if anyone want to try it I did a video time ago:

10. Dehor

If they will not care of BDO then they better sell the game to company who is willing to buy it. BDO is the World best Action combat game with insane graphics. If they sell the game to other Company, they will much likely put raid-dungeons and other group system which suits BDO much better. IF they don't sell the game and ignored the game progess and reviews, ALL....ALLLLLL the ppl who started to BDO since release and made big progess through years or grinding, they will not sit still like a good baby
    :D

EDITED:
    Traditional raid-dungeons like WOW and GW2 have is not for BDO. BDO Raid-Dungeons might be much like Alter of Blood but in a different ways. By far, i loved Shadow Arena being inside BDO, which was a great "Hunger game" feel since u can't even know how much HP the enemy player has left XDDDD.

11. MADE

nice sarcasm +1

12. Rubyvulpa

Running remastered with a 2060, it's quite okay but it wouldn't hurt to see some optimization tweaks.
    upload_2020-10-18_15-4-55.png

I don't think you realize what Crimson Desert is. It is a single-player campaign with added mmorpg features, not BDO 2.
    No doubt many BDO players will check it out, and no doubt lots of funding is going towards it,
    but the developers are not done with Black Desert either. They have years of content planned for it still.

13. MADE

Well bdo is a single player game too, so what do you lose exactly with the switch?