1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New Basilisk "content" is the prime example while dungeons has NO PLACE in BDO

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WaifuJanna, Nov 18, 2020 at 7:58 PM.

1. The_Doughnut

My $.02:
    The idea behind it was good and in fact could have been a permanent addition. Personally. The implementation and actual design, was sub par. Just my opinion.

The "instance/dungeon/raid/pick-a-name" that you want to refer to it as, could easily be as small as a two man or up to five man. I think the hard mode could be setup for five man, where the potential for a good loot drop to benefit the player is there because you took a whole party. Where you need three to four grinding on the boss and at least one on statues. Based off a different game, and extra points for those who know it, the statues have a timer. If not destroyed in a pre determined time frame, they are permanent and buff the boss that much more for the duration of the fight. Also add more mobs spawning off the statues. Almost like the Dark Knight Ahib portal spawn thing in Thornwood. Which means you either have to have two on statues, or a solo stronger player. If you don't kill the boss fast enough, then he wipes the party. It's still a roll of the dice if you get a solid loot drop, but each party member loots the boss and someone in the party will get something worth while. I am not saying a tri/tet/pen basi belt every time. But something that the player base wants. Shoot, toss in potential like cron boxes or caphra boxes, or enhance kits, sweet armor/weapon crystals and/or rare possibility of a costume box. Something that keeps people interested and makes for a fun party experience. Especially group/guild content. I would be willing to do something like that which could consume 30 minutes to an hour with the possibility to actually benefit in some way for my invested time. Even if it means helping a guild member out, the camaraderie is there. I will say the current HARD mode takes a very long time with one grinding the boss.

However, taking my suggestion above, would be limited to one run a day or maybe a cooldown timer to keep it under control during a week's duration per family. Depending on the loot drop table, because if it's crap no one will do it anyways. Definitely not be designed for manipulation and destroying the economy. But, we did one hard and four regulars today. All I got were scales, a BMC crystal and five scrolls. Not exactly appealing, considering no one in our four man group got any better. So after completing five Basi scrolls from party leader, I had no desire to do any of mine. Way too long and I had the potential to benefit doing something else.

2. Xenon

Ahhhh, thank you so much. Seeing that clip made my night. Holy sh*t. This dude came on global labs, got farmed by me as soon as they came into ba, told me "f*ck off noob", then ran into safezone and swapped into a full ass dp set. He proceeded to call me trash because I couldn't kill him anymore no matter which setup I used (full ap, full accuracy, different hybrid mixes.) I went and got full buffs, plus e buff, then I managed to kill him when his heal was on cd. Dude was just nothing but salty, on top of abusing the hell out of ansel to make himself completely invincible for 10s whenever he could.

3. FairlyEnjoyable

FairlyEnjoyable Lahn 62 NA

This is beautiful. Thank you.

4. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 63 EU

Mmhhhh....we did it in a party of 5, I killed the monster, the other 4 destroyed the statues. Wasn't really too bad, you just need a single player with enough AP/DP. For the weekly reward it is good, otherwise I wouldn't bother doing it again though, the drops are not as bad as garmoth but far from great.

5. Trayvan Homan

How you do the with the boss is not hard. Just first read the Patch notes correctly (i have done it wrong^^), Then be a 2 man party, one on the Hill, one deal with the Boss. Take alle Buffs: Priest Cron, Beast and you shoud be fine.. If you have 280 Ap you´ll be done after 25 min with all five Bosses. Not 15 min per Boss, not a 5 man group just two guys needed. Resonen the Tankynees of the Boss increases multible. We were 3 Guys in total and i needed 15 min instand of 5 min.

And yeah other activities might be more interessting in case of pure income of silver per hour. But the idear is fine you can do with your lower geared mates something thats "worth" for you and him. I have done it 3 times and 2 out of 3, I have made nearly 70 mill in 25 min and thats nice for no Lootscrooll no Agris just a nice talk with mates and chill.

Calm Down enjoy things as they are and dont cry if its not the new high end **** that spits you full of money. These kind of contents will never be designed to do it 24/7 to be the best income method.

6. CrKrCrKr1

Boink and Andaro like this.
  7. CrKrCrKr1

Do not come up with this result because of incompetent implementation of the devs.

8. Rügenwalder Pommersche

was just trying to make a screenshot u just happened to grab him before he quickly decided to do so. Dont see an absusive behaviour :)

9. Kittyberry

Kittyberry Ranger 63 NA

10. Xashia

Xashia Ranger NA

Let me quote Janna while watching this:

"Shai does not deserve to be a PVE or PVP class. It only should be focused on life skills and life skills only."

11. Claydough

LMAO legs planted to the ground

interesting strategy, lets see if if pays off

12. Boink

Considering this is a seasonal server maybe forgot or don't have the SP for teleport. I did that once with my Wizard LOL

13. Xenon

Nah, he used it in the middle of being combo'd. He disappeared like he was loading in, then reappeared, and was invincible for 10 seconds. There was a clip of him floating around where he did it in the middle of rbf and mocked everybody by just running through a bunch of attacks.

It's why no one should give him an ounce of credit. He does stupid sh*t, exploits in combat, and refuses to do anything to improve his account after all these years.

#53 Xenon, Nov 23, 2020 at 1:03 AM
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 1:56 AM