1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New BDO.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Prochilles, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Prochilles

Edit: There seems to be some misunderstandings of the purpose of this thread. This is not another I hate BDO and here is why thread, it is a Despite all the mistakes and negligence of the past 3 years in BDO, there is still hope for the game thread.

TL;DR

Bad Things Happened; Could be a good thing for BDO in the long run.

Original:

First off let's understand that BDO is not dying, BDO is already dead. Sea M. was the nail in the coffin that ensured that the game can never be what it was. What we are about to see in BDO is a completely new game. For older players these changes are going to be a headache, for newer players it shouldn't be too terrible depending on how recent you started playing and what knowledge of the game you currently have. In 3 years we've watched a game with tremendous potential get driven into the ground by negligence and throwing bandaids (events) at major issues, which only set the game up for this massive disaster it is at right now. It wasn't just a single issue that lead the game to this, it was a multitude of issues left ignored until they achieved this perfect storm situation.

Likely if you are working hard to achieve something in game, it will be much easier to gain in the near future. Likely all the silver that has been made in the legal exploit that is sea m. will soon be in different hands, but for the first month or so any new market is going to be hectic and seemingly detrimental to the game in the long term. Likely the purchasing power of current silver will become much less, and likely the worth of all your assets you own will become more valuable. We are all aware of the drastic upcoming changes, that is what is important to prep for now.

With this new BDO, we will have a game with tremendous potential and with the difference in the new market system, there will possibly be a variety of new viable silver making methods to be learned, a lot of these items will be high-demand items that were never worth the effort to farm/craft due to the insanely low price caps placed on the item, meaning we'll have a bunch of content just in that. This is a good thing. We don't necessarily need new content, we need the current content available to become worth doing, and this, hopefully, will work towards making current content relative. Every time we get a new area only a small percentage of the player base gets to enjoy it, and every time we get new content, something within it is broke to hell, so fixing what is already out is preferred rather than leaving a tremendous amount of incomplete content, then moving on to the next half-done content. None of this is solely based on recent events, it has been repeatedly asked for by several forum posters asking the similar fixes/changes for 3 years. At any point in the last 3 years had anyone from the devs side looked at the forums the game would be in a better state than it is now, and the forums wouldn't be 99% hate mail towards kaokao/PA.

This is one of major issues we have always had, which is a lack of communication between devs and players. We can't expect that this line of communication would benefit either side until these final changes have been put in place, but the moment these major changes occur, the players need a better option than the ignored forums and the shredder at support. A ranking system in the forums, or in-game for desired content/ideas/fixes so that we can share/vote what we feel are high priorities would be more efficient, but this is just a quick example. Regardless, communication is not hard to do, just go to the forums. There shouldn't be a "we want to have better communication" quote anywhere cause you just do it, if anything this quote implies that you have no plans to do this and just desire to appease the readers, which by going to the forums you'll learn how to achieve that goal.

As much of a headache the last 3 years have been, hoping this game would live up to its potential, trying to explain why spammed events as a method of fixing the game is detrimental in the long run, AND as much of a pain it is going to be to adapt to the new bdo, likely having to watch all my past achievements become irrelevant, I am still slightly optimistic. In the past 3 years bdo was never in a state that was mostly good, and I suppose it really needed something as tragic as the sea m. to help devs push this game towards something better.

Note: Leave my posts alone CMs. Quit showing off how incompetent you all are. Why would you delete the only single post in the entire forums that is actually showing an optimistic viewpoint of BDO. Putting threads that aren't suggestions in the Suggestion tab, deleting post that took a good minute to write, etc. damn you guys annoy the hell out of me with your incompetence. Thanks to the GM's support responses, I've now mastered the art of Copy/Paste, so I will just keep posting, so why not just let the 3 people who still care enough to visit the forums write their supportive views of BDO. (BDO stands for Black Desert Online btw)

#1 Prochilles, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    Reuter, SnakeAttack, SunHoYee and 5 others like this.
  2. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

6 paragraphs of non-factual opinion filled with butthurt and tears. Next!!

3. Stabby

I'm not reading your wall of text.

RageAgainst, Lurien, Felyni and 2 others like this.
  4. ManlyBeard

I was expecting to see some “definitive” excel sheet about how manos accessories are the best money made in the game

5. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Not worth it. I juts did for you and came out with a conclusion.

6. Prochilles

Clearly, you like for others to think you are an idiot. Where are these fictional opinions at, I noticed you didn't quote any examples in your post. Perhaps you didn't read enough of the thread to realize this is an optimistic outlook on BDO's future, and if you didn't read enough it makes no sense that you would reply to the thread, unless of course you were seeking attention or you get off at having others look negatively at you, which in that case you certainly got what you were after.

Love, the "Next!!" part by the way. It seems you think you are some clever heckler who can shut people up with one line and that all the following laughter and comments are somehow supportive of your remark and not directed at the idiocy of it. And see here is the thing, I'm not out to seek attention with my replies to others, I genuinely/simply just want you to take a look at yourself and fix all the stupid parts so that others and myself don't have to bother with it.

SnakeAttack likes this.
  7. Prochilles

Then don't reply, maybe??? Why do you guys think you're so important that others are dying to know these things? I certainly didn't write this for you, idk why you think i did.

8. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

NAH!! you seem to be the one idiot posting same sh*T we already have tons of the same already.. Now you turn to personal attacks because you sh*t thread failed. Nice try. Move on pleb.

9. Demon1337

Ok, i dont know what series of events that lead me to this game let along this forum today however i have some input.

No matter right or wrong if you want to argue a point with someone you should answer their argument instead of dismissing it. Also, saying you wont read it only goes to show that you dont intent on doing anything productive for the game. Even if it might be false on the OPs part.

For the record i do not think he is wrong about every point, though i have been away from the game for a few months now, so i dont know everything about the state of the game. And Seam M. about some exploit doesnt ring a bell to me. However it does stand to reason if a bunch of silver is being made from thin air while doing one specific task and that task produces enough silver per hour to make it profitable then a person could very well assume correctly that the act will devalue the currency.

To bring truth to that point i direct you all to another website. Its called Gaia Online. It is a forum essentially but it has a currency system that lets you dress up your avatar. I was on that site for many years until last year some time (and even then sparingly). Once you get enough money you can afford basically anything. I was to that point. I had a few billion gold and if i wanted it i could buy it. Fast forward to today. 1 billion gold is chump change in many ways. Gold is so devalued that if you have less than a few million you are poor. Its just sad.

And an edit to this post my join date is like March of 2018. That is only this account. I have been with the game since something like November of last year. I just so happen to make the mistake of multiple accounts.

Oaklay likes this.
  10. Demon1337

Until you have a rebuttal to his claims your running in and claiming "fake" on his comment only makes you look incompetent. If you cant prove him wrong then his assumptions are correct.

SnakeAttack likes this.
  11. Flowerxl

Oh a new one??? Lol told you it was gonna be 404

Felyni and Prochilles like this.
  12. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

LOL

13. BaldVulture

Non factual? the game went from 3 servers NA 3 servers EU crowded/overrun 24/7 to 1 na 1 eu never going crowded... the game is dying, and has been for quite some time now... i wouldnt say it's dead as NE/EU probaly still has over 25K people playing, steam and old client combined.. but if this decline keep on soon we will have the same pop as Tera Online... Thing is SMH isn't to blame for this at all, the decline started a long time ago when i made this forum account to protest the Value packs and pearl items on MP... many people saw this as P2W and just left even though in my opinion it isn't any more P2W then pets or inventory slots or weight, the conversion from pearls to silver was and still is horrible but the term P2W is very loose for some people and they just left....that's where it all went to S**T

#13 BaldVulture, Aug 20, 2018
  14. Dringe

The same thing could be said about your thread.

You've already lost me when you called the sea monster hunting a nail in the coffin, like it's something beyond fixing. People already made the monies? Well so did people shoveling the desert for sharps/hards, yet we moved on.
    Still, I've read the rest of your thread, nothing new that I haven't seen in several other threads.

tl;dr for those that didn't read:
    - Game already dead, blame sea monsters
    - Wasted potential
    - Lack of communication
    - 3 years wasted

Prochilles likes this.
  15. Neokii

*gets back home from a long day* "oh look, this post seems interesting" *sees long post* "my poor tired eyes, ummm... good luck with whatever I suppose" :)

Prochilles likes this.
  16. Wildcard

You would be hell of a scientist <3

Von_Chicanery and Neokii like this.
  17. Prochilles

Lol, so which one of us was doing the personal attacks? Failed, eh? So just because you didn't like it that means it failed? Ha, what an egotistical person you are. Still noticed that no examples were provided or that you did anything at all to back up your statements, kind of indicative that my previous assumption of the type of person you are is correct, so I think we're past having a civil conversation now. You've proven to be someone that doesn't give an opinion on the subject as it means you'd open yourself up to be criticized, which of course to criticize something without providing support is the safest way to go, as you won't have to back up your statement or defend your thinking etc that goes with it. But, the side-effect of this is you will become stuck in pointless conversations like this one, to which I don't want anything to do with as it adds no benefit to my life to entertain this type of person, so take these short replies as a courtesy in respect of another person and for the future let's simply block each other, so we never have to talk ever again.

18. Demon1337

Actually not far from how science works. If something is false then you should be able to easily disprove it. Why do you think that flat earthers have as many numbers as they do? Because they dismiss anything from the Space/Science community. You want to prove them wrong? Take one to space.

If i were to say that friction doesnt exist what would you do to disprove me?

19. Demon1337

So you can't prove him wrong?

20. Wildcard

yes, if you can prove somthing wrong the thesis IS wrong. But just because you can't a thesis isn't autmaticaly right, you hero o.O

#20 Wildcard, Aug 20, 2018