1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the new Odyllita quest line give you and hour glass what it for?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Amieelee, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

i see it can not be place in house has no money value so what it for? I have finish the whole quest line and have the knowledge of all the people

2. Mjollnir

Just keep it. Even at the end of other "main" arcs there have been "useless" items. They may come in hand in the future (Thinking about a certain ring).

I can't stop thinking it's a cheap trick to force warehouse space buying, but well, I tend to see evil everywhere ...

3. Amirite

From the quest it says:
    This hourglass holds all the sand Ataraxia collected during her journey to all continents of the world.
    You're going to follow the trace of Caphras' Journal, right?
    There's no telling what lies at the end of your journey, so be wary.

Karna5 and Mjollnir like this.
  4. Magnificent Innuendo

I thought so too. Any item that has been crucial to continuing quests either tells you who to return to for another one, or warns you about deleting it (if it can't be restored). The item descriptions for things like the hourglass make them seem really important, but just clutter inventory space as incentivisation for storage/bag slot increases imo.

ODB3698 and MoonDance17 like this.
  5. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Or it is possible that the person coding the quest just plain forgot to have these items handed over when meeting the relevant npc. I remember that you get left with purple bead after the Valencia questline plus some other junk that I just threw in the bin. I did keep the ring from stars end for some unknown reason.

6. Khondo

I use a remote storage bank to store all these items. Actually I may remove all these items to O'dyllita.

7. Andaro

Ambassador

hold onto it.

8. Aysnvaust

That makes no sense, because they also gave us the O'dyllita warehouse for free.

9. Andaro

Ambassador

Lol, least it's not 30 day warehouse expansion..... Know what I mean Vern?

Mjollnir likes this.
  10. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Hmm, all continents huh. Seems like they will finally start working on Port Ratt continent area.

11. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Just "keep it safe, keep it hidden"

12. ODB3698

They catfish you into thinking you need to keep it. You delete it because you can't find a use for it. They punish you later by requiring it in some way for one of the bookshelf journals. #buymoreslots

13. Deyric

They also suggest Ataraxia might not be dead. So perhaps we're holding for her if she comes back cured? Or to use against her if she comes back bad.

14. Sparzy

We need a separate tab in our inventory for quest items

rebelhawk, Bruno12, Karna5 and 5 others like this.
  15. Mjollnir

Design vs realtime implementation :D

it's useless to deny the whole game was/is built around sneaky ways to suggest the shop usage, now it's also undeniable they're slowly changing attitude (the abundance of free wh spaces is a relatively common feature)...

But again, I tend to see evil everywhere ;)

16. valenix35

big mistake if you get rid of it remember how at the end of the quest line we get the Caphras Adventure Journal for Book 2&3 and the quest item Caphras Journal was used to make the 1st half of the Tome, best guess the hourglass is used for the 2nd half of the Tome when Ody part 2 releases.

Some of you are probably saying Tome? Apparently from the looks of it were are probably getting an upgrade to the Chenga Tome, but that's just a theory. We'll just have to wait till part 2 releases

17. Aysnvaust

Don't give them ideas - they will sell a quest item storage box in the PS as soon as they read your comment.