1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The new Velia

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Amirite, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Amirite

So, what you all think of the new design of Velia? I know it's mid doing a very fishy event, where players really not are here, but still....someone must have notice a little change in New Velia York City.

2. ghoulz666

I don't see anything. Velia already gave me eye cancer and I lost both of my eyes due to the eyesore of 30+ afk players, horses, and ships.

2Cents, Factorial and Mirajane like this.
  3. Majamara

I somehow understand why they change it, but it kills the efficiency of the sweet small town Velia with short, quick and easy ways.

If I had the choice, I would rather make the old wooden pier longer and spawn private and guild ships on different sides of the pier.

#3 Majamara, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    2Cents and Maginha like this.
  4. hightech

Is there any post from your side that is not flaming the game for anything.
    Why are you playing the game?

I do like the extended pier.
    When it comes to Vell you do have easier access to your ship under hundrets of it.
    The one NPC that is available to talk to is not important.
    Looks ok and has more advantage then disadvantage.

#4 hightech, Aug 26, 2019
    Arkadia, Mana_Mafia and Inertia like this.
  5. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

+1 this
    they would have just needed to remove the wooden pier and add that new stone pier there and it would have been okay.

or to put it in a visual state...kinda like this, right?
    red lines = new stone pier that forces you to run all the way around (yellow lines)
    green line = the exchange of the old wooden pier for a longer new stone one with easier access
    1 - spawn for guild ships
    2 - spawn for private ships

upload_2019-8-26_14-14-12.png

Korvgubben likes this.
  6. ghoulz666

Why are you so worried about someone else's opinion.

7. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

It's forgettable which is a good thing.

Luxea likes this.
  8. Cenkala

I'm not digging the issues with the ferries - you have to swim now to catch any of them and with people parking their boats right by the docks - it is really difficult to tell where the ferry actually is. There also needs to be a way to tell which ferry goes where - I took the wrong damn boat several times this weekend and it's a pain in the butt.

Maybe I'm missing something - so if anyone can enlighten me on how to tell which ferry goes where since they all just stop in random spots in the harbor and you have to swim to all of them - well, it would be appreciated.

VasilisD likes this.
  9. Andaro

Ambassador

Personally I think Olvia's wharf on the sea side could have been rolled back into story line in a manner that it was rebuilt.....maybe even made an event out of it....but the lore spook would assassinate me for retconning lol

Mmmm it's not bad I think, but the bay feels a bit tight. Personally I am looking forward to the turnout of a suggestion in this month(s) qol poll regarding Epheria

#9 Andaro, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  10. hightech

Ahh it is okay.
    Just saying.
    Being negative all day is not healthy just taking care^^

Maginha likes this.
  11. WinterRED

I appreciate the idea, but I'm not sure it was the correct way to approach it. That being said, even as someone who does sailing dailies regularly, I don't find it too annoying to have to go the extra distance. Not to mention there will be quests and stuff in the new pub building, so we'll have to be in that area anyways.

Maginha likes this.
  12. Parthin

A much-needed change to the Velia ship-cram. More room for ships. The new pier looks boring though. One problem for sure is that when you leave your boat, you're going swimming. I can't make the jump.

13. Maginha

Nvm i derped

#13 Maginha, Aug 26, 2019
  14. Parthin

Yes but will this get me off?

Maginha likes this.
  15. Amirite

Thanks for the replies.
    I see many of the same things as you all do actually and we still got a major problem with the boats. When I get mine out i can't find it or get stuck between all the others boats. I really hope there are some improvement on it's for this Velia.

The new Tavern is a copy of the one there are in Olivia, I think they could have done a bit more on that part also, I got a little "mmhhm".

Anyways, I really hope they try to fix the big boat parking problem, I thought they fixed back then (2 years ago) but it's still a big problem imo.

16. Lord_Xenon

When you are at the wharf manager, you can press the ship wheel icon to teleport to your ship's wheel. That works up to a certain distance for your own ships, but not other ones(guild/friends/party etc.).

Amirite likes this.
  17. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

The new port should stetch from the old port, all the way to the new one. Maybe this way would be a bit more organized. I actually dont see or understand the new design or idiocity of the shrinking mechanic.

18. Parthin

The changed the size of the wheel but not the rest of the boat. It makes my toon look smol, rather than making the boat look big. My toon does not fit the railings, ladder, or guns. Fishing off the side, my rod goes thru the boat, rather than over the rail.

19. ZyZy

It's looks worse, a lot worse. Say goodbye to a quaint harbor, welcome to harbor sprawl in a space not suited for it.

Getting and turning in sailing quests used to be painless. That's gone. Now it's just annoying.

I used to be able to wade into knee deep water a few steps from the bank to get onto my fishing boat or to manage its inventory from the edge of the pier. That's gone.

So, yeah - if they were looking to annoy me, the new harbor did the trick.

Kazza likes this.
  20. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

I'm never in Velia so don't really care, Heidel is where it at.