1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Real Reason BDO is still alive

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by aswedishtiger, Sep 30, 2017.

1. aswedishtiger

Let's face it ladies and gentlemen we log into this game and afk fish/process/cook what have you for one simple reason.

There are no better alternatives

Think about it. What other major beautiful MMORPG is out there right now that even peaked ANYONE's interest?

Dauntless? nope
    WoW? too old
    FFXIV? yeah right
    Bless? Died in Russia. Confirmed NOT coming to NA
    Revelation Online? LOOOLLLLLL
    Albion Online? ....maybe? (I'm lookin at you Lacari)
    Blade and Bots err I mean Blade and Soul? overrun with bots
    TERA? A lot of us came from there
    ArcheAge? Don't get me started
    Guild Wars 2? Even with the expansion dropping game still sucks and isn't active
    Ashes of Creation? Yeah not until 2020

So why are we here? Or more specifically why are you still here? Because if I were a betting man I'd say it's simply because we have no better options at the moment.

OMFG, Narsi, Xialoh and 4 others like this.
  2. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Because I actually enjoy playing BDO Oo OMG BURN ME RIGHT AWAY. What a heretic.

Saintic, Blackoh, Hamashiach and 29 others like this.
  3. Horse Breeder Ralphy

There are plenty of alternatives. With many other options. Players still play BDO for one reason, and one reason only... because they find some form of satisfaction an enjoyment playing it. That simple really. If players didn't enjoy it, they wouldn't play it.

Sure there are other options. And those other options still have their players. So what? If you're unhappy with BDO, you have those other options.

4. zhagsten

I'm pretty sure it's against the ToS.

Saccharin, Terra_Atlus and Rahnxah like this.
  5. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

there are 2 reasons why bdo is alive

1st one is the one you stated, there's no alternative

2nd one is that desync , grabs and imbalanced classes makes bad players feel better than they actually are and feeds their ego

all these ppl that were incredibly bad and were getting stomped 24/7 in other games come to bdo and roll a wizard or striker or whatever fotm class there is and get tet gear and are capable of oneshotting anyone, leave it with 0 punishment for death in this game and the option to zerg anyone and if all that fails there's desync which could make even a horrible player beat a much better one due to the design of the game ( high damage and long cc with no cc breakers )
    \
    and if all of this fails, you can always just body throw suicide grab engage, grab whoever you can't beat by yourself and hope your friends zerg him as you die because grabs are a joke mechanic and they basically promote numbers , zerging and ape gameplay that requires little to no skill or brain

Wollbert likes this.
  6. aswedishtiger

Oh man I didn't even think of #2 wow dude. Yep yet another reason

7. zhagsten

And the threats to our families too, of course.

8. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

you forgot Dark Age of Camelot( and no I'm not meaning when EA bought them out, I mean Mythic Entertainment)

iller likes this.
  9. Beeso

Why would that matter?

XLucaX likes this.
  10. LightningFFXIII-4

People still play BDO because they already spent thousands of dollars on pearls and invested thousands of hours on the grind lol.

Yukiko1 and Poko like this.
  11. Poko

Honestly ur like a depressed, nerdy little brat. I've never seen someone either complain or just be so condescending 24/7. I've been here for a while, I just lurk here and there, and all u do is post to put people down. If u don't do that, you post complaining about the game. If you don't do that, you post complaining about a class and how its soooooo horrible and how everyone is so dumb compared to you. Yet, you still play that class.

When u finally come back, ( u will, this is your life) please do the world a favor and reroll to wizard or striker or something. You make your image so ridiculously terrible that no one can even respect your opinion. You could be the best pvper on the server, but no one gives a **** because you stamp your feet like a child and then scream at everyone who doesn't agree.

For example, this thread was simply about how BDO is still alive. You turned it into how people are so bad, they use OP classes to win, blah blah blah. U just had to throw it in there.

12. irrelevant

who the **** is even talking about my own class now?

im actually reasonable and i make sense, if you don't see it that way that's not my fault

just look at your post, you barge in here completely misunderstanding everything, accuse me of something i haven't done and then even talk about "when u finally come back" (i've never quit the game i just started lifeskilling more than playing it actively because of reasons) which makes you look even more clueless than you are

if you don't respect someone that's good at something because of his attitude then the only problem is you - your mentality is too easily triggered by behavior which in your brain is unacceptable and because of that you decide to put down more successful people than you which is all sorts of wrong

luckily for me, i don't even have to say that. People constantly just show and prove it without me even doing anything about it

im pretty sure ive posted more arguments and actual reasons why i say what i say than all the people i argue with, which seem to be ignored the moment i mention that i'm more experienced than the person i argue with because normies are super easily triggered by everything

as an extra challenge, i dare you to find where i said "im ****ing good ur so bad i rek u n00b"or anything similar to that, cus i'm pretty sure ive never talked about my own skill just about my experience and credibility or results and i usually talk about other people's lack of those

aswedishtiger likes this.
  13. Shibou

There is no other mmo that has as pretty graphics, is open world, has as complex of a life skill system, and has fast paced combat all rolled into one. Devs please fix BDO's major issues like unbalanced classes and sausans overload, there's no other mmo worth moving to and I don't wanna go back to single player games :(

WaifuJanna likes this.
  14. Poko

U just act like a chronic ****ing baby. U need some sense slapped into you. I guarantee u don't act like this irl, so why bother being so condescending to people online and treat them like trash? People would respect your opinions more if you actually had some respect. Also, u did recently say u stopped playing. We all knew that was BS anyways

15. irrelevant

i don't act like any babies and as for respect? all the people i talk to don't respect me for **** so why would i respect them in return? random 59 lvl guy who's done less than 50 hours pvp in this entire time that doesn't even play tamer goes to tamer forum and starts flaming me when i have 100 times more experience than him and i've found 1000 times more success than him and tells me im wrong with some dumb argument which is complete disrespect of all the time and all the hours and all the suffering from X and Y issues that i've endured. You think these people dont exist? 95% of the people i end up arguing with are like that , low lvl , inexperienced, bad and they have the audacity to undermine and ignore and "disrespect" all the time and hours and things ive endured and done and then you expect me to respect them back? no thanks

i dont care if people respect my opinion or not and i don't care if people don't, when we meet each other in game the things always change anyway cause the people usually opposing me get a reality check, and some people play for fame and what not and to be recognized and what not but i play for my own reasons so i don't care about spending extra effort and bending an twisting my personality only to be more liked. If some guy pisses me off with his lame attitude i won't hold back cus it might ruin my public image, i'll just respond to him and treat him the way he deserves

yea and you turned this thread about me instead

my argument and my point are actually very valid and you can even see that many other people share the same opinion in 5000 complaint threads about new classes being overpowered and over the top.

In my old game there was a 3v3 arena that quickly died because bad players and mistakes were punished severely so all the casuals and average people quit and blamed the game instead themselves.

You can even see it in fighting games how they make them more noob friendly so all the mediocre morons can feel good about themselves, there's tons of videos about this on youtube by channels that analyze things and the reason of why they do it and the impact of it

aswedishtiger likes this.
  16. XLucaX

You are my favorite forumer. Ive never seen someone so strong willed on RPing their name. Its like your names your lifestyle.

17. Taj

Taj Shai 61 EU

I have to go with @Shichi88 , I just like the game.. yes it has flaws.. so what, all the games does.

Jramodarr, Beeso and SpeedMetal like this.
  18. aswedishtiger

Exactly. There is not competition there is no ALTERNATIVE

Now I'll take your +1 on my OP please :D

19. iller

I haven't bought a single item. And I'm not playing any of the new classes or Grinding mobs. I'm still here because it's the only Sandbox with a REGULATED economy. It keeps inflation in check and pisses off Lolbertarians left and right. It's a dream come true for anyone who ever had nightmares about EVE or WOW's stupid "Letting cheaters & commodity Flippers ruin everything" excuse for a Lolconomy.

It's easy to stay invested, when you know your investment can't be ENRON'd a few months later

#19 iller, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    Edremis likes this.
  20. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

spend 3000€+ on furniture and costumes. for good fapping and stuff.
    WoW is ugly
    Archeage is ugly as well
    Blade and Souls is okay to fap but overloaded with bots
    Tera is ok to fap but overloaded with pädos
    Albion online hah nice. tried it but... no