1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The recent Class Patch/Nerf

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by DouchemousMaximus, Sep 12, 2018.

1. DouchemousMaximus

Hi,

I've come back to BDO after quitting for half a year. I'm testing the waters at the moment. I heard there was a big nerf to a lot of classes. Can someone point me to the specific patch(s) week detailing the changes?

2. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Start back in March/April.... crap crap and more crap since.

3. OptimusPrime

Don't bother reading the nicely worded patch notes. This is all you need to know:

1) Everything you do get's cc'd. Part of their "class balance vision"
    2) Renown made it so that AP is all that matters. At around 260AP you kill anything. This is part if their "class balance vision"

Gorr rolls 1 hit everything too.
    Strikers win the game once they hit a certain AP. Grab + clones and you win BDO. Don't know what the **** they're still doing in the game.
    Ninjas end up being the most op class right now, and in all of history of gaming. You can't kill them. They can kill you. In 200 different ways. In under 2 seconds.
    Everything else is ****ed

Also they've done around 900 "awkward cosmetic costume fixes" on classes since around the time you quit. So remember to give them thanks on all their hard work.

Mana_Mafia, Eminescu, Mesuka and 8 others like this.
  4. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

I cant tell you one thing..striker gets scary after 530 renown. Witch/Wiz still OP.

5. Caldra

Bdo only has 7 classes. Witch/wiz/mystic/striker/kuno/ninja/sorc. PA never said they were going to balance all the classes. These classes are balanced. You too can enjoy balance if you pay money to reroll.

PA has no monetary interest to balance all the classes. They make money off fotm rerolls by keeping the game in a constant state of imbalance(unless you are one of the above classes)

6. Tvvin

Tvvin Ninja 62

Are you suggesting Musa isn't viable?

Mana_Mafia and Flood like this.
  7. Spartakatz

Looking at your profile, absolutely *every* post of yours is so full of salt, incredible, it's really embarrassing that you're still here. Don't you feel a bit strange wasting so much of your time?

AZzalor, Columba and Mgp like this.
  8. Cat Box

Considering the ammount of time most of us have “wasted” playing since release, i dont think regularly spreading salt on a forum can compare.

SnakeAttack likes this.
  9. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

No less strange than you feel wasting time looking through my post history, apparently.

Smilence, Hoebbit and SnakeAttack like this.
  10. Spartakatz

i guess you guys missed my point. there's a huge difference "wasting time" being relaxed and enjoying the game and forum, or being pissed all the time and have only negative feelings. i feel a bit sorry about you, you must have a pretty miserable and sad life.

and don't come now and say you enjoy it too, no way you enjoy something being so salty 100% of the time.

11. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 62 EU

Ill give you my take on the balance changes and why i feel the game is way more balanced now even tho the average power of a class is lower:

[​IMG]

Gotta say even tho i picture some classes higher than pre-changes, its just because i consider their relative strenght with the actual scenario and not with their previous one, absolutly every class is now weaker than it was before in the sense that every actual class would lose to their same class pre-changes.

If something, Mystic could be higher on the "NOW" side, but i was too lazy to do a new bracket just for her.

For op: https://www.invenglobal.com/article...c-changes-dating-an-npc-mount-transfer-system

You can start with that one.

#11 Otrsor, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    Souda and Crimson_Scarlet like this.
  12. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Haha..... Nope. I'm happily married, have a stable job, working on having kids, have a loving family, activities and people I'm involved with outside of the virtual world.

I in fact feel sorry for you. What did you gain by chastising someone you don't know **** about? I loved this game and I feel awful changes are constantly being made.... So I'm going to express it.... Cause I feel like it. Cause I want it to be better and when something I cared about is being wrecked I'm going to say so..... So please ignore my posts since your so sensitive to the game being critisized.... Also, if your gonna stock my posts why don't you go back and see where the negativity started.... Otherwise stop, it's creepy and makes me feel sorry that you must not have much going on to not only "waste your time" here on the forum but to further waste YOUR time reviewing my posts. You must have a pretty miserable, sad, lonely life (see how easy that is to do? Hopefully you don't... Pretty absurd to base such a judgement on forum post for a video game, huh?)

#12 JM, Sep 13, 2018
  13. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

not to mention that your feelings are way behind the truth

14. TeRRoRibleOne

So many things incorrect on this.Ninja, striker, wizard, witch are literally on the same level of god tier. Next level is mystic, kuno, zerker, musa, sorc which is not very far off. The rest are a meme. It's not more balanced, it's more broken then before. They have ****ed up this game.

Megabiv likes this.
  15. Columba

Yet here you are...

16. AZzalor

AZzalor Hyneria Maehwa EU

Nope. Both of yours is subjective and is biased. While that list is not really wrong, it always depends in what scenario and you can't really overall rank the classes.
    If you'd rank the classes after their overall performance in the different areas, witch and wizard would be top in any way, as they still dominate pvp and pve in all areas except 1v1s, while other classes like a ninja for example only really shines in 1v1s but has trouble outside of those and is not a good in pve either.
    When most people talk about "ninja is op", they talk about 1v1s as this are the most fights you will have in open world or when you're training in ba/rbf.

That said, the cc and stamina changes definitly flipped the tables for some classes and while for example ninja/kuno didn't get changed much, other classes that were really strong before don't really work with the new cc systems which makes them worse.
    I's simply the fault of the devs to try and make a new system work with classes and skills that were designed with a different system in mind.

17. TeRRoRibleOne

Shouldn't you be in game karmabombing people? One who doesn't PvP has zero say on class balance.

18. Columba

Karmabombing is a fictitious construct, fabricated by pk kiddies who can’t handle a little karma loss. Since no one can force anyone to flag, it’s more like karmacide. Now grow up and LEARN TO SHARE (TM)!

Jeanina likes this.
  19. 2Cents

You shouldn't be calling classes OP with a Loss 100% - Win 0% ratio against various classes.

Also please stop grouping Witch and Wizard together. One of them (you should know Witch one) is like playing a Zerker and never using grab.

20. Netreiam

What is this even based off of?

If it’s 1v1 match ups (which only makes sense considering the “esc->escape” comment) warrior is superior to valk and Wizard should probably be lower (not sure) and what about all those 1v1 tourneys won by zerks?

I’d also say ranger and tamer were not “reroll” tier given how they both have grabs and melt people easily, tamer being even more agile than ranger too.

Also musa “reroll” tier? have you already forgotten all the musas that popped up after buffs like crust crusher speed up and general damage increases? The higher geared ones could literally block stun you and kill you in less than a second just by spamming their spin skill during E buff, no skill at all required.

Also saying valk is higher than reroll tier now is delusional, maybe personal bias from the past?

This entire tier list is pretty head scratchy

#20 Netreiam, Sep 13, 2018