1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Release of Wow Classic Will kill BDO...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AngryBanana, Jul 12, 2019.

1. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

ahahahahaha ahahaha ahahah, see you next week after "release" coming back crying about how sht it it.

2. Tirae

I play different MMOs for different reasons. I enjoy WoW for the PvP. Vanilla was my absolute favorite time (I main a rogue) so if I can play my rogue like I did back then when they release classic, that would entice me to play for the PvP part. I don't care much for WoW's PvE though.. for me I think FFXIV does that the best.

I haven't really touched on PvP on this game yet (I've been level 49 forever, only just recently had a character break level 50.. my Shai) so I can't comment on if I'd enjoy it or not yet. PvE is alright, but a lot of it is solo.. even the bosses for the main questline have been changed to be solo.. which is why I prefer FFXIV over this in that regard.

Now the lifeskill things I absolutely love in this game. Trading between cities, fishing, the exploration aspect, sailing on my Epheria sailboat, etc. I enjoy that very much. Now if they would just return the quests for Trade I would be happy.

Fateneko and Felyni like this.
  3. Narcosis

WoW Classic won't kill BDO, because BDO is already on it's deathbed. For an mmo, game has a very tiny population that keeps steadily decreasing with every major update; it isn't able to sustain it's population. It was already niche when it first released. Problem is PA seems to be unable to grasp the situation they are in, mainly due to how spread across different versions they are. They are a small studio and at this point it's clearly visible this spread is hurting their communication. Likewise, game itself suffers from some major development and post-development issues, that were never addressed or fixed; instead, the entire current content is built upon those "damaged" components.

The game simply does not work as intended and devs were lately surprised why people are leaving their game. Maybe - just for once - they'd think about building content that isn't centred only around the veteran playerbase, but available to everyone? If not for the fact their game literally scares away fresh blood, I'd suspect BDO would be doing decently well like EVE, for a niche title of course.

Tirae and Allan1985 like this.
  4. Felyni

Felyni Tamer 61 NA

I'll be playing WoW Classic! Pretty excited for it tbh. I loved Aion when it first came out, so WoW will let me re-live a little bit of those memories (Faction based pvp again, Crafting has a purpose again, and enjoying a grind worth something).

But, I'll still be playing BDO, great thing about this game, no raids, no dungeons, no tier sets, nothing to keep up with/maintain..as gear is all relatively the exact same as it always will be, Only thing ya really need to keep up with, is helping your guild during missions & guildmates if they need anything!

WoW classic is not going to kill anything though, that's silly. It's just going to let people re-live an era of gaming, an era that I for one miss!

5. Artorias_Dusk

Ashes of Creation will, not WoW. But everyone can play what tvey want, so... Have fun with whatever you play :D

6. Kubla

I played WOW from Vanilla to Legion, yes Vanilla was the best era of that game but I think today is just going to appeal to a small segment of players. Once they find out they are no welfare epics ,you are going to struggle pugging dungeons and you we need to be in a good guild to for any chance to progress in raids a lot will quit.

I for one am having to much fun in BDO to go watch that show.

7. Myntiix

Myntiix Archer

And you have the full numbers to prove your bs right??

8. Dringe

Tfw your expansion is so **** you have to resort to nostalgia pandering to have people play your game.

Nagasaki likes this.
  9. LinaCrysta

World of Warcraft classic will kill bdo? I can only say this *ahem*

LOLOLOLLOLOLOOLOLLOOLLOLOOLLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOOLOLOLLOLOOLLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOOLLOOLLOOLLOLOLOOLOLLOOLLOLOLLOLOLOOLOLLOOLOLLOLOLOLOOLLOOLLOLOLOLLOOLLOLOOLOLOLOLLOOLOLLOOLLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOOLLOLOL
    *ahem*
    ok im done XD

Solitaire and AtomicPotato like this.
  10. Avantala

I really like wow classic but i will not ditch BDO for it. Will just play both!

11. Boink

Everyone sell their pen kutum or nouver dagger! The Sky is falling! The Sky is falling!

Solitaire and AtomicPotato like this.
  12. Meowingtons

People will play Wow classic and quickly realize they won't get the same experience as they had back then. But it's fine if people enjoy it. I personally think that both games offer Smth different despite both being mmos.

13. Narcosis

https://steamcharts.com/app/582660

Whilst ups and downs are normal for mmorpgs, BDO is bleeding it's population out. When that happens, devs are often pressured by their peers to either re-adjust the game to regain lost players, or increase the monetization to sustain assumed profits. Obviously, we're seeing the latter. If this continues, BDO will slowly bleed out to death. I am talking from my personal experience as a person who works in this industry. I always enjoyed BDO, but this game has no future in modern, fragmented mmorpg market... unless they take solid steps and try to address those issues or risk changing the core aspects to improve the player experience and as such, invite new players who will then remain and stay to play the game.

14. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

"Expert", you aware that steam is minority of BDO right ? And Kakao do as much as passible for people to play stand alone version ? Are you aware that Majority of gross PA making from Mobile BDO that's to come to "western" for sure ? Working in industry and talking about monetization, are you work for free ? No ? Are you "AAA" employee who making 60$ games for 8h play time ?

15. Hemuk

I for one will be leaving if Manos isnt released by then, not because I prefer WoW but because I've ran out of content and I personally have no interest in the upcoming ocean stuff, I'll be back for manos, or Ordillita maybe.

16. TeRRoRibleOne

Enjoy your tab targetting game with graphics that still look like it's from 1999 even with the refreshed ones. People will play it for 2 weeks and then realize nostalgia isn't always what you remember.

GlitterBear and XLucaX like this.
  17. Mikroman

"mobil game" quality graphic will kill BDO remastered in PC. It sounds real. :)

WoW and BDo have different target groups.

18. GlitterBear

GlitterBear GlitterBear

LMAO no..it wont..not even close..and they have been coming out with content regularly in BDO.

19. Findubar

No it won't, wow and wow classic don't compete with mobile games.

20. Hemuk