1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the season of no fun

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Puzz, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Puzz

I don't know how others are doing... but I don't really enjoy the season.

When I grind the stuff to enhance the season armor / weapons / accessories: other adventurers are constantly in my way ... and I'm in their way. The consequence: I steal the monsters from other players and other players steal the monsters from me.

WOW ... The season is really miserable. As if the developers and others from Pearl Abyss didn't foresee this, with only 5 servers of season avaiable.

What does Pearl Abyss expect from me? That I get my lazy fat ass up from bed at 3:00 AM in the early morning, just because that's maybe the only time where not every spot is overcrowded?

Sorry, but i say fug juh about all that!

I don´t know... i don´t think that i wanna play season again. It is just so bad gameplay! NO FUN !!!!!

orfeaskarman, gurghul, Souda and 4 others like this.
  2. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

Welcome to bdo with no PVP. While many hate the open world PVP (even me to some extent) it is unfortunately needed. It would be alot better if we had more group spots but that's still a dream

3. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

but isnt that what ppl wanted? a pve server where you have +10ppl griefi.. sry sharing one man rotation cuz thats fun

4. Joungf

I did not participated in seasonal at all. It was so predictable that it will end this way ....

ODB3698 likes this.
  5. Allan1985

BDO not fun? rly? xD

6. Joungf

... I am telling you ...

Allan1985 likes this.
  7. SSIJ

Muuahhahahhahaaa. PvE only is not a problem. The problem is: 5 channels for 90% BDO population.
    You can add pvp and I will come back again again and again to ks mobs becuase ... there is no space to grind, I have only 5-20 second from node respawn do grind zone and I DONT HAVE ANY OTHER PLACE TO GRIND. So who is loser? Who wasting time? You or me? Muuuhahaa.
    All others channels ARE EMPTY. Each f. zone = none players.

So again again and again: ADD SEASON DROP TO ALL CHANNELS (but you need play season char to drop) AND PROBLEM SOLVED.
    All players will return to their "home channels" and the crowd will discharge.

Mars713, Lurien, gurghul and 7 others like this.
  8. Cosmic Soul

Same I do not think the game is headed in a bad direction its still going downhill.

#8 Cosmic Soul, Jun 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    Jinoro likes this.
  9. woots

always funny to read ppl claim pvp is needed when the core issue of that season is :
    - many more active players than usual
    - only 5 channels for all thoses players
    - only a very limited grind spot used / interesting, which concentrate even more players

Yup that season isnt handled correctly for the amount of players it attracted, and its obvious since years that grindspot neither are correctly managed even if for somes reasons somes players still think "owpvp" is a solution for that bad design.

Leniir, Hondo_Lane, Törni and 11 others like this.
  10. LesserHellspawn

Converting at least half of all channels to season would have been the way, no owpvp needed.

MaxineUK69, Arkadia and Jinoro like this.
  11. Ganogati

I was really hoping that the situation was actually being monitored by Kakao and that they would remedy the issue by giving us more seasonal channels. It appears to really be hurting a lot of people's experience, but so far they're just doing nothing... allowing tons of normal servers to sit at low population while the seasonal servers are so overcrowded that it's not even worth playing on them. Even the Olvia servers are practically empty in comparison.

It's definitely disappointing. The seasonal content is fantastic, but the artificial lack of seasonal servers is pointless and making the entire ordeal kinda miserable.

Please... change some of these unused channels.

[​IMG]

#11 Ganogati, Jun 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    gurghul, MaxineUK69 and Jinoro like this.
  12. Ganogati

They don't even need to do that. Olvia channels 1-5 are very comfortably empty right now. Channel 1 is crowded now and then, but that's about it. New and returning players appear to be joining the rest of us using Seasonal characters. Just convert Olvia 3-5 to seasonal channels and it will relieve a HUGE burden. It won't fix the problem completely by any means, but just adding those 3 channels will definitely calm down a lot of the misery.

Of course, converting another 3-5 after that would pretty much fix everything, but I'm guessing that's a bit much to ask (even tho those servers are just sitting there empty atm).

LucidKill and Jinoro like this.
  13. zhagsten

It's funny because if the season servers were in full PvP mode, what would that solve? You would get killed on sight by the top players and couldn't progress. What would you do? Can't go to another spot, they're all taken. Stop playing?
    The reality is Seasonal BDO isn't proper to work with OWPvP either. It's stupid enough in non-seasonal because of poor choices like no high AP SP spot, but with Seasonal it takes it to another dimension.

14. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

I want my Kama servers back :(

Yumine and ODB3698 like this.
  15. Deyric

No they really aren't, and no you really aren't.

Most people with non-season attitudes have over inflated routes for the respawn of most areas. They think they need to control 5 times the space they actually do.
    There are tons of out of the way grind spots just as efficient that you'll hardly ever bump into anyone at each and every location.

16. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Pvp would not make these seasonal servers any more enjoyable except for those that got a early jump from getting the enhancement mats early and already had large amounts of fail stacks on hand. The very people it was meant to help would be the ones to have little to no enjoyment while being killed constantly while trying too complete the quests required. All those veteran players that had pen items on day one makes a mockery of the supposed intention to introduce the season servers anyway. Adding pvp would just make it even worse for the newer players.

Leniir, Astriaj, gurghul and 11 others like this.
  17. Ahri-

You think 90% of the population is wasting their time on seasons?

18. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Likely they are,

19. Khondo

For this 1 player not having fun, there are another 1000 players really enjoying themselves.

Don't like it, don't do it.

Neoyoshi, Arkadia and MoonDance17 like this.
  20. Cosmic Soul

They need to allow multiple classes in one season, it is so much wasted potential for pve.