1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the season of no fun

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Puzz, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Boink

I think you are missing out on what he said.

It would have been easier to add more servers but instead, we have 5 and most of them are crowded. I remember the first day I had to literally stand on the same spot for each quest because 10 - 20 players doing the quest.

You can say well you jump on the other servers but the whole idea for season servers is to get that juicy Tuvala mats. Hard to do when someone competes in your spot.

ODB3698 and Jinoro like this.
  2. Khondo

This was my goal and I have hit it already. Get full PEN, then go grind for potion and map pieces on PVE only season server for 2+ months.

Multiple toons would have been difficult with many players at max toons, but for new players, could have been useful. But then again, it is going to take a new player 3 months to PEN all gear.

3. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

If they end up with any pen at all. Truely new players do not have large stacks of fail stacks to use. I am pretty sure that they also struggle to have enough enhancing materials unless they have lucky rng.

Reyer and Jinoro like this.
  4. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

If its seasonal then the drops will come with seasons and for gear you can get that through leveling boxes as well as getting up to 60-61 gives you pen ring and pen earing and if they felt like it can quest to that . As for the fs just doing story to completing valencia gives a tonne of them the val quest is also part of the season quest so 2 birds 1 stone there .

Then you also have daily that give you time gems and weekly that give you more or the choice between ore/refined stones and if you put time into it getting mats its not hard its just grinding.

5. Boink

I find it really easy to get to TRI and TET just by doing the dailies, weeklies and main quest (which gives season boxes). The hard part is probably the V part because of it's tedious repetition.

The season events already gives out failstacks just the mats and last enhancing session I did with Tuvala cost me about 200-300m blackstones/concentrated & 240m crons freebies (for accessory too much of a risk with little fs). Not counting the freebie failstacks from Valencia questline. That gave me 3 Tuvala Pen weapons and 2 Pen accessory. Definitely worth it.

I'm sure if someone tri-hard enough they get there or if they are lucky and no one is taking their rotation.

6. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I would be very interested in seeing just what percentage of new players actually end up with pen items at the end of the season. I am sure that most will be lucky to get all tet. I may be wrong and only time will tell. In my opinion the ones that will really benefit are veteran players that have no pen items at this stage but a lot of failstacks already.

Jinoro likes this.
  7. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Have you used any fail stacks that you had prior to the season server. Or have you only used what is given while doing the season? How many crons have you used? How many of those were already in your possession before you began the season server?
    If you have used any of them you are not able to tell what the newer player is likely to achieve.

8. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

All they need to do is hit lvl 61 with next to no effort and questing is guaranteed 2 x pen Tuvala accessories a ring for lv 60 and earing for lvl 61. No fs no enchanting just hitting lvl 61 on season server or normal if they feel like it.

lol season.png using 20-30 fs is enough for tri tet accesories at high chances.

20 hrs ish from casual playing season only using season fs aside from that tome havent hit lvl 61 yet for earing but after driegan quest should be done .

Will also remind you that the refined magical black stones are acutally guarenteed pri duo and tri at the cost of durability which can be repaired using ores x 1 = 10 durability which drop pretty often thats cheap.

As for vet players those that I know of dont care and casually do seasons on the side making tet and pen stuff even though they dont need it just cause they can.

Aside from alt gear it doesnt really benifit older players except for maybe the pen capotia ring/earing at the end everything else gets a degraded and become family bound version at the end also pen belt/ring/kneck are only tri gold accesory equivelents .

9. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Nice picture but where are the pen weapons and armour.

Jinoro likes this.
  10. woots

that's interesting to see more players considering the season boring and annoying because of that tedious repetition when its imho a very fine summary of the entier BDO "content" : tedious repetition to enhance your gear.

Yet, somes players only blame the season, when it only hightlight what BDO is, and this since day1

11. ODB3698

Exactly this lol ^

12. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

As many people have pointed out, it's not the lack of PvP that is the issue. It's pretty much the significant majority of players being crammed into a small area and starting the adventure afresh together.

Honestly, I think there are some long term players deliberately rolling through other people's grind spots because they have years of pent up rage and know there is no recourse :) In fully-fleged PvE MMO's you rarely see this kind of behaviour. If you did, and it was as constantly as annoying they wouldn't be nearly as sucessful as they are, moreso that straight up forced PvP only mmo's

gurghul, MoonDance17 and Jinoro like this.
  13. Leatis

I feel a little bit bad about the new players which falls to the bait of the season chars and gear. A season goes 3 month and the few servers are too crowded. In 3 months every new player which grind around 15+ hours per week can make enough money for 3x tet bossweapons +tri oger without problems. Dont forget you cant caphras tavula or upgrade it further to a real pen. So the gear is basicly worthless after a few months of playtime, Season dailys for pen capotia. 61 for backup acc. for later tet enchanctments on real gear and gamble with the weekly quest for good failstacks for further enchanting.

I was hyped too for the season servers but sadly they are only worth for older bored player which hopes for open world pvp on the further season pvp server.

14. Avantala

If there was more servers then no pvp would not be a problem at all. But having 5 servers for EU or NA is just way to few.

Jinoro likes this.
  15. Diepel

Min-Max mentality in BDO is toxic. Just join their group. Grind together. Problem solved.

16. woots

well its also BDO/PA fault for making each gambling attempt cost so much / player spend a lot of time to gather all the mat or silver, that to not waste more time than you already do, you have to "min-max"
    Even if i personaly do bother too much with that, its still a general "design" that push players to.., Their game is very toxic when it come to gear up.

Jinoro likes this.
  17. Khondo

But it does give them a full set of gear to play with while they get the better gear. That's the whole reason for seasons, quick gear. I would not be surprised that even some older players will do a roulette after seasons as they will now have backup gear.

18. Boink

You get a lot of failstacks from the box 1 up to 56 I believe and it stops giving away failstacks. Then you get the refined stone for Tri. Then you add the Valencia and every quest you finish with Fughar.

I was lucky on my end that I can tell you. Pricing obviously varies but it's soo far cheaper than actual boss gear since the progression gives a lot of FS.

Gonna find something to enjoy in a game. I did and that's the gambling part.

19. LesserHellspawn

I doubt many new players get full PEN Tuvala. TET is fairly easy, but for PEN you need a lot of crons and/or nonstop grinding.

MoonDance17 and Jinoro like this.
  20. woots

Answer unrelated to mine so my point.

#40 woots, Jun 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020