1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The State of Valkyrie Balance

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by Netreiam, Apr 22, 2018.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

fix is provided via branding in pearl shop :D

2. Crablord

One of the areas we perform the worst in and that surprises me that no one mentions is clearing speed. In many cases where you cant get a dec or dont want to go negative the battlefield you will fight with other classes on is a race to see who can clear your rotation the fastest, and sadly Valk is absolute bottom tier in these important pve duels. Our aoe skills are horribly designed for grinding and all of our decently fast and hard hitting attacks have very narrow frontal cone shapes that cause enemies to spill over around your side. causing you to have to turn around and kill a few mobs beore moving to the next pack. The movement speed is fast, but expensive forcing us to have to heal or spam MP pots fairly often. Wave of light is supposed to help us with this issue but the cooldown is so long you could only succ 1 maybe maybe 2 groups per typical rotation, and since so many mobs have some kind of elite or veteran classification an absolute shitload of them are unaffected by the grouping tool we were given to accommodate how shitty our aoe is.

ViktoryiaV likes this.
  3. ViktoryiaV

ViktoryiaV Valkyrie 62

Hi :) I'm sorry I didn't reply, I didn't receive a notification, I think somehow it mixed up the identity of who created the post you replied to - on my screen it says "Crablord" - another user who posted in this thread.

I agree with you, I never want valkyrie to become a FOTM or unfair class, but like you, I think the solution should be that other classes are buffed/revamped, not what we already have taken away. Just curious though, why do you think valkyrie is "oppressive" right now? Is it the current gear scaling/DR benefit to us?

I don't think our shuffle iframe is good. I actually wrote a thread about it and it's so bad not many people actually believe it exists. I guess i'm just hinging a lot on the new servers being better - that said, I play from Australia over a wifi connection, I might never have the luxury of perfectly responsive play (but I'm working on being a better predictor :) ). As for the iframes actually working as iframes to dodge grabs, they are indeed very short for doing so and thus I wouldn't call them reliable, though some of my guildmates are especially skilled at using it for that purpose. Another tip I heard was that the iframes only work during that refreshing period of the lingering super armour - i.e, the timer on the dp buff when you block. Practically speaking, I also agree that you couldn't really do it in mass pvp either, both because of fps and because we don't have the luxury of turtling/staying too long in one spot, and I still absolutely would prefer that we get an iframe on one of the shield chases or death line chase but I don't know if this would make us a broken class. But, I've heard Sanctis for iframe mobility as a very common suggestion and I agree with it too. At least that skill has an existing iframe component and can be aimed, too, and that wouldn't be giving something extra to the class.

I agree that our level 57 rabam support skill is truly underwhelming. I think if it were turned into yet another PA, though, that might be very broken for 1v1/small scale. But as per your other suggestion, the shielding buff, I think if that rabam skill was given it (as 20% DR is actually quite a lot), that might be more reasonable. It's super armour for casting but I get cc-ed out of casting PA all the time, a small extension on the animation would be good, too.

#23 ViktoryiaV, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    ODB3698 likes this.
  4. Diesel402

I was happy with the valk before the CC changes. The only suggestions that I made are on the round table class review notes, though slightly reworded.

Grab Penetration or Grab Range increase - Better match the range and penetration of other classes

Valkyrie's Heaven's Echo needs to stack dp buff
    - Match the stats of the warrior Q (they get 20 DP and 26 AP). We only get 20 DP. Change it to match stats but with more focus on defense: 30 DP / 16 AP or maybe just 46 DP

Valkyrie's Black Spirit Rage can use a slightly faster animation
    - Way too long of an animation, everybody can just walk away or grab you. I've seen classes get knocked down by vaccum while im channeling, get up, walk over to me, and grab me before i jump.... rediculous

Movement Speed on E buff needs to be changed to Casting Speed or be removed
    - The sprint on our E buff does more harm than good and often screws up my movements. The other buffs are so insignificant i cant even tell the difference. Remove the sprint and up the buff amounts to match warrior's

Another suggestion that i made that didnt make it on the round table list was:
    Change priority of Shift+RMB and S+LMB while getting hit. Currently you will do a counter before doing these skills

5. ViktoryiaV

ViktoryiaV Valkyrie 62

I am puzzled as to why that last one (the counter attack issue) didn't make it onto the notes, I suggested it too. Was it a deliberated decision, or they just forgot to include it?

Maybe players could agree to send in tickets to technical support and report it as a bug?

#25 ViktoryiaV, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  6. Horselol

Good post. I really agree with you for the most part. Valks are most effect in small scale. I think her tool kit really plays into 3v3/5v5/10v10. Not saying she's bad elsewhere, just pointing out that those brackets are where she shines.

After the renown score patch, i sorta feel like our damage is a little over tuned. I think that it should be brought down a touch. I'm only sitting on 230-ish ap with nouver and i'm slice through things pretty effectively (not complaining, but with proper multipliers applied, it's pretty ridic).

-WoL could use a little bit of love in general. I think the vacuum area should be larger and more reliable, and that it should work on ALL mobs, but its dmg is fine.

-Grab area needs to be increased fashoooo. This has been needed since day one tbh.

-Nerf to dmg on all skills by a fair amount.

-Give blitz stab SA (half joking)

Aside from those minor changes, valk is in a really solid spot. We do everything well; grinding, mobility, damage, defense, small scale, duels, node wars, etc. There really isn't a weakness right now, and it feels pretty good.

Chors likes this.
  7. ViktoryiaV

ViktoryiaV Valkyrie 62

They are going to be nerfing valkyrie damage by 6% in a coming patch. Well, really what they are doing is reverting (by varying amounts) the pvp damage boosts all classes got (except fot berserker). I used nouver past 2 days in RBF, even after the renown patch most people feel a little tankier, I can't kill anyone now that I wasn't able to before (using appropriate skills + damage rotations), it feels like I don't do much more damage than when I used kutum before renown patch and for several days after.

I don't think blitz stab should have super armour, convenient as it may be for us, we should fairly have our vulnerabilities that other players can smartly counter, (a lot of valks will muscle memory cast blitz even in unsafe circumstances, myself too if I don't take more care). I do think that the super armour on hastiludium should more closely match the tooltip, though. I get cc-ed during the end of the dash or the stab even though the forward guard component is supposed to be at the start of the skill, the windup (if you don't ani cancel it).

#27 ViktoryiaV, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Horselol likes this.
  8. Horselol

Hmm, weird that you feel that way about the damage. I feel definitely feel stronger. The only players i don't really destroy in a single combo are the people @Soft cap or above, and that's going to be addressed anyway. Besides, outside of RBF I rarely run into them anyway, so i'ts not a huge deal.

Again, i was really sorta joking on the blitz stab thing. I do feel that we get punished for trying to execute our most effective combos in large scale. It would be nice to make use of our strongest attacks in those settings, rather than just trying to rotate SA abilities. That said, it's really only a problem in that large scale setting, so buffing blitz with SA would be op. I would not complain however... :P

I agree with SA on hast. It should better fit the tooltip for sure. I get knocked down a butt ton during times when, according to the tooltip, i should have SA.

9. Kusaragii

I feel like my grab got progressively worse lately (or maybe I've just been lucky before). Not even working on PvE mobs.. I cry.

10. Celensra

If you're referring to PvP, I strongly recommend only engaging with a grab or to be very careful in doing so in the middle of a battle. The new system makes grabbing very difficult and our already abysmal success rate has plummeted for it lol. I'd still love to "retreat" like Strikers do when they fail a grab instead of standing there and trying not to cry as I'm knocked down lol.

Kusaragii likes this.
  11. Vunak

Vunak DarkKnight 61 NA

I would like it if Counter didn't take priority over Terra Sancta, Blitz Stab and Lancia Iustitiae.

12. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

what valk needs is a huge dmg nerf and a movement speed reduction on all of its abilities

#32 irrelevant, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2018
    Mesuka likes this.
  13. Kusaragii

Yes, and we should believe the meme Tamer player who thinks every other class is OP but their own? No thanks. You seem to be out of reality more than most people, and sadly, even if you knew what you were talking about being abrasive doesn't really help your case.

Stating all of Valkyrie damage needs to be nerfed and her movement, you must either be kidding or you are a joke. I hope you are kidding of course :).

#33 Kusaragii, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2018
    Celensra, Dalenos and ViktoryiaV like this.
  14. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

i have better forum reputation than you so that by default means more people agree with me

i have the highest pvp score in europe + na so i'm clearly not out of touch with reality cus if i were i wouldn't be able to achieve that

tamer is by far the biggest garbage ive ever seen in a game, EVER without any exception there isnt a single game with a class worse than tamer and i would trade 20 out of my 23 costumes just to be another class with max weight and same SP/xp/stats/lifeskills/ dandelion kzarka and offhand

btw the guy on the first page had the highest kills for 2017 while i probably have the highest kills since release and we're both sharing the same opinion, also i don't know a single person in the entire game who doesn't share this opinion

asking for valk buffs is an insult to everyone else and what your class needs is huge nerfs instead

Chors and Reuter like this.
  15. Mjollnir

and as usual no contextualization around your rants. this way they look just like "rants" and honestly, since you keep saying you "know" pvp, make you lost credibility.

Valk's damage sure can be huge, but you have to state in which conditions, and admit, with the very same conditions a Tamer (or any other random class) can burst anyone just fine (and considering it happens also when we're build full DP, considering we should be the zerg tank this is a bit "awkward").

Decide: is the game balanced around mass pvp (in that case no freaking lone DPS should be able to burst a tank solo) or around 1 vs 1 ? Cuz this is one of the main mistakes most ppl keep doing.

Aside this, has anyone noticed weirdness in our SA lately ? Out of feeling really squishy in DP setting (due to less DR boost comparing to AP version), I kinda feel my SA is kinda not registering properly in mass-pvp, but it's frankly hard to pin-point the reason, testing 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 2, seems consistent, so prolly it's just a side effect / latency issue due to extra useless calculations from new CC.

And yeah, renows score is just ****, but I guess on this we all agree.

#35 Mjollnir, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    ViktoryiaV likes this.
  16. NiTianErXing

Yeah says the ****ing Tamer who can cancel into like 6 different attacks before her grab animation even ends. lol

17. NiTianErXing

our E gives cast speed. not as in icon its inside of the Buff icon, it just doesnt say so. Every E buff as far as I know gives cast/attack speed.

18. Hortalr~

A
    And to which class would you reroll if I may ask ?

19. Hortalr~

Yes the game isn't balanced around 1v1, but when the classes designed to be good in 1v1 and small scale like Maehwa, or Tamer, and not that good in large scale, are far worse than war, valk, mystic, striker... and these classes do well in large scale too, and that grabless classes can't do anything too against those classes. It's that there is a huge problem, and those classes shouldn't have buffs at the moment

20. Mjollnir

I agree, but let's not forget, with latest "balance changes" we have been moved even more toward a 1-shot/1-combo pvp feast. Given enough AP, do you think a Tamer has some kind of problem in bursting down a 420 DP valk ? Lol even Lemon with his "only" 235 AP was able to, and no, it doesn't require particular skills.