1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The state of warrior during guardian meta

Discussion in 'Warrior' started by Frodon, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Kaitreen

You have to be REALLY bad at guardian to die while on E-Buff in open world pvpve

2. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

All i see is warrior tears.
    our tears come from laughing our asses off.
    i love how you guys just try to **** on guardian by posting ''op'' clips.
    yea farming the enemys in rbf.... in their spawn... and getting alot of easy last hits with Ebuff up. clap clap.
    there are so many times that you jump into rbf's that is cluttered by low geared people. obviously some overgeared monkey is gonna farm the **** out of them.

now can you explain to me what kind of defensive stats she gains by having Ebuff up? besides the 10s SA i dont see any. her dmg just is over the roof yes. Or in what kind of sense would it make her so op that you shouldnt die if you knew how to play guardian?
    https://streamable.com/57dw9 ebuff wouldnt have saved me there in any kind of way. i only shouldve played it better. instead of doing the usualy noobstomper combo. i mean sorc is op. but in this clip i simply understimated her dmg. and didnt play it save at all.

Look thats how you make people believe a class is op. https://streamable.com/h2cuvn
    claping a bunch of people that simply dont know how to deal with a class and heavily outgear them.
    if they all had around my gear.
    the lahn wouldnt have died that easily.
    neither the guardian. especially not with that combo of mine.
    and that ranger wouldve bursted me so hard if he knew how.
    and then in the end 2 people run into my grab while i have pa up...

you can make stuff look op so easily.

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  3. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

I think guardian's dmg to defenses is pretty excessive. And pretty sure theres something you can do with guardian's block to make FG last like 10x longer than valk/warrior block.

I've seen this dude with 311dp tank 7+ people on him that are all 269+ ap and he was able to get out before block broke. Meanwhile, 318-321dp as a valk (recently dropped a couple dp cuz of the caphras changes and needed the silver), my FG breaks with the swipe of 1 guardian axe. Can have 1 geared person destroy my block. The guardian I'm talking about, I've literally been side to side with him, 100% hp/block, my block and hp can go from 100-0 and dude is still blocking, dropping skills, or able to get out alive consistently. I'm a succ valk, and that was back when i was testing +dp addon on several skills, so i should've been somewhat tanky. :|

Use to war with this dude and guild rbf, tbh i think the only times i really saw him die was when he got grabbed, and the few times he'd get CC'd.
    He use to main warrior before guardian, don't see him rerolling back to warrior anytime soon. Just like how i don't see most of the valks that rolled guardian rolling back any time soon. Guardian is just too strong, imo guardian's dmg to defenses should be lowered or at least to non iframe classes.

Akantorian and Souda like this.
  4. Kaitreen

This would indicate guardians hidden stats ,just like mystic when she was released, has insane amount of innate melee, ranged, and or magic damage reduction.

Block is highly affected by this. This cant be overstated enough and explains why so many players feel left out of their old classes.

Akantorian likes this.
  5. Netreiam

I honestly would really want to see a test on this so that we can know exactly what's happening. I hear a lot of people say it so there is probably something there though.

6. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

iirc, I remember hearing him say something about making block last longer in comms, i could message him and ask. I don't know guardian inside and out nor have i spent hour upon hours on her... So for now, my only issue with guardian is FG being pretty much 1 shot, its bad enough with all the ranged dmg as it is.

I do think they should relook the other shield classes, using guardian as somewhat of an example. Like don't make them all supa op, but find the fine line of balance. Get in, utilize defences/dmg, and get out. ez, all any class needs.

7. Tacarmato

I'm a simple war, I grab, I attacc, I kill.

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  8. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

i did a test a while ago. where my guardian would loose slightly less blockmeter against the same attack than my valk 5%~. but in real pvp it for some reason withstands so much pressure. there has to be some kind of mechanic that scales it up with the amount of people that hits the block. no idea..
    In 1v1 i constantly see my guardians block just disappear. but in large scale its 10x tankier.
    also guardians FG skills always have a very squishy block compareable to valk. while charging Shift lmb you have a fg. it blows up just like any normal block would. then you Q block. and suddenly its omegatanky again.
    Maybe the block has some massive Ranged + Magic resis
    t
    idk. but whatever the **** it is they should give it to the other block classes aswell.
    but thats honestly how blocks should be. not some throw 1 skill at it and make it blow up. how is this fair that block classes have to mainly rely on a garbage ass block that cant tank for ****.

meanwhile evasion classes that for some reason are already tankier than us. also have insane amounts of iframes and usuall have at least a S block if they really need to chill for 1-2 seconds

just make the block scale up with the amount of people that are against you. that way you're still able to break the block sometimes in 1v1's but gets increasingly harder with the more peope are there

Netreiam likes this.
  9. Bistrus

Why do you even complain? PA doesn't care about balance. A guardian with 0 DP has a stronger block than a 350 DP warrior. That should let you understand how it's useless to complain about balance, there is none.

The new class must be OP to have people reroll to it and make money of the rerollers

Akantorian and Vortexii like this.
  10. Kinnaj7

It was E buff you monkey. That Q bug on dash was removed already.

11. Gamefreak

good luck trying to trade slows against a guardian as a warrior lol guardian has the worst slow debuff in the game but you forgot that along with the fact valk has a much fatter shield dura than awak warrior

12. Blitzball

13. Netreiam

Because clips of 1-skilling a single person with unknown gear is something that no other class has and its not like BSR terra is completely unprotected.

/sarcasm

14. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

a much bigger shield dura omegalul. its like 30% better than warriors. its just as garbage as yours and unlike warriors we actually always have to tank with our block or hp. cause 0 iframes. and dont come with ''warrior iframe is ****'' id trade our 3 second FG+SA vs your 2 second iframe any day. that our inferior protected dash even has a longer cd is hilarious.

and a 20% debuff from her passive. vs gravedig 30%. she might apply it more often. but the fact is that debuffs **** guardian way more. if you get hit by the axethrow one without punishing it then you deserve it.
    her slow is not the worst in the game. Even if 50% slow debuff is the highest. witchzards have it too. 5 seconds longer even.
    she mainly applies her 20% which is annoying but not impossible to outplay.
    in 1v1 it shouldnt be your biggest concern.

what makes her slows truly the most broken is that it stacks with any normal slows other classes have.
    if they didnt change it. rabam axe throw actually is a seperate kind of slow.
    so technically she can apply 2x50% slows on you. but i think both are only 5 seconds. so its gonna be hard. its more a tool to protect allies from getting comboed. not that great in 1v1

Netreiam likes this.
  15. Akantorian

I mean, can warrior spam dash while being fully protected with sa/iframe?
    Go to sleep potato.

16. Akantorian

No, valk and warrior dont share the same stuff, compare both awk blocks, then we'll talk.

17. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

As said.
    Valk block is barely any better than warriors.
    Its a poor excuse. Both are garbage. Valks is just 20-30% less garbage. Meanwhile guardian tanks 3x as much
    Besides compare our awa dashes. Pretty fair for us to have a 20% stronger block while warrior has a iframe every 2 seconds. Besides valk has to be in pre awak too cause of our shitty pre awa dashes that are only fg
    And our pre awak shield is literally the same as warrior

Netreiam likes this.
  18. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

thinking getting 1 shot as a 657gs warrior is okay and balanced YIKES

19. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

YIKES

20. Artorias_Dusk

Evade the big aoes, outplay their iframes, then grab and 1combo. Thats how I do it against Guardians. Sometimes they are insanely tanky tho, even for my 289AP.

FairlyEnjoyable and Netreiam like this.