1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There is no protection against griefers.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Socrate, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Qwisisto

I have also been playing since launch and know how the game was before the repercussions for dying in PvP was removed.

I don't know if the cultures are different in EU and NA but while playing in EU I've prob never been really ganked. Fought for grind spots yes, but never been ganked. The only grieffing I've encountered is in fact karmabombing even though I rarely let myself get bombed.

But I really think that the xp loss gave people some healthy respect for higher level and geared players. And also encouraged people to party up rather than flagging or bombing. Nowadays people just don't seem to give a flying **** about other people.

And yes, both sides of this argument can be labeled selfish in my opinion. "PKers" for hogging more mobs than they need and the "fish soup" for arrogantly ruining someones rotation and therefor grind.

WeaselPaw likes this.
  2. Heysz Oknots

Griefer spotted.

This is a PVP game. There used to be an EXP loss at death and it worked just damn fine.

"Go to Valencia 6"? Yeah right, because griefers aren't smart enough to let you get the first kill and then come back and send you to jail (in desert). And lel forget about sharing in Val6.

"Outfarm them"... lol. Sorry I don't play a flavor of the month zap-zap-super-clear class, I lose a lot more PVE races than PVP fights.

If AT LEAST I could defend myself without having to flag up once I'm red, wouldn't be too bad. I could at least manage my karma. But hell no, you're red, everyone can attack you(which is enticing, I mean, who doesn't try and kill a random red dude right?) but guess what.. can't fight back unless you flag up and lose some more karma. Rofl.

"Dec them" ... most of the entitled scrubs are in clans or guilds that can't be declared on (yes I know how to glitch it and undec all but it's still dumb). If you can actually get a dec going, it's still a huge 15 minutes of waiting, that's like one third of a night cycle. Screw it.

The other day I'm in Helms cave cuz SILVERS right? Two little dudes show up start killing **** (not outfarming but wrecking my rotation) ask them to leave, no reply. Drop all decs, try and dec them... they're in a damn clan can't be declared on. Ask again. No reply. Flag up, one shots both of them, adios sweet karma. And yes, they came back until I left them the spot, which I owned for a solid 2 hours. How is that fair?

How can you simpletons feel like I'm in the wrong and should be the one to leave? What's going on in your tiny little pea sized brains? Who raised you? What is it that you lacked so much growing up that your feeling of entitlement is so strong that you feel like this is A-Okay? Seriously people... this stuff happens ALL the time on ALL channels and in ALL situations. This is not a "change channel" problem, this is an obvious flaw in the core mechanics of the game. This needs to be adressed, because removing your gear and ruin someone else's day just because you can isn't right. This is a PVP game.

Don't bother replying to me giving me 100 weak ways to give away my grind spot, I won't be reading them.

#262 Heysz Oknots, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Tomo likes this.
  3. Real Life Futa

I karmabomb all day if some egoistic wannabe tries to claim pixels owned by kakao and throw myself under guild protection before.
    There is nothing you can do about it and I get to claim my spot

Alrunia, Bandrell and Tomo like this.
  4. Tetrinox

To them you will always be the bully, the very evil PvPer; while the others are peaceful players who probably went there to pick flowers and you killed them. Monster!

Thank you, you are proving my point.

5. Spartakatz

nonsense, 1 channel is enough, it's NEVER crowded.

or do you want to say, you don't want to fight for the spot? just when there are noobs?

Jeanina likes this.
  6. Jeanina

Jeanina Sharivar Lahn 61 EU

well tbh the evilness already starts with the idea of owning something that doesnt belong to you no matter how high your level or gear is. people seriously think they own a mob spot while not even their account belongs to them!
    you are allowed to use it like every other player aswell. =)
    but BDO = greed > everything

7. LordBrasca

LordBrasca LordBrasca Ninja 61 EU

Everyone who doesn't do what i want them to do --> Griefer.

Bandrell, Elenortirie, Joungf and 3 others like this.
  8. WeaselPaw

WeaselPaw Valkyrie 61 EU

"Rofl lmao" indeed, what a good laugh we are having. Cut the crap maybe ?

My argument is mainly that the system is made to protect players from being harassed by pvp, which is fine, but, on top of promoting pve griefing, fully allows negative/debuffed players to be harassed while the harassing players takes no risk at all (and I don't know how else you would call a bunch of people unable to kill you following you around for one hour).
    Grinding karma back is one of the situation in which you'll get exposed to that kind of behaviour. Anyone going red doesn't imply they want to deal 24/24 with random people just because the system is badly thought out. It's the first game with a PK system I play where the devs basically say "don't worry, go on and try to ruin these players time, you don't risk anything and they will lose something even if they kill you !". Usually, even the "good" player has something to lose otherwise you just have a bunch of player fighting with the sole purpose of annoying people. Which is exactly what the dev wanted to avoid in the first place.

But yes, when I go red, I don't plan staying like that for long. Maybe it wouldn't be the case if the system had any interest but in my opinion, it doesn't. It's just something you have to deal with.

If you think otherwise and believe it's fine like it is, then alright ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I can't argue with that.

9. Tetrinox

Can't that be said for both parts?

The guy who is first thinks the spot is his, and the guy who arrives thinks that he can make the other leave to make the spot his.
    It is simple stubbornness.

Btw, why do you always assume that the PvPer is of higher level? It doesn't have to be like that; only when it serves your argument, I guess.

That can be said for everyone too.

10. ambyentlight

All they need to do is bring 1 full server to pvp channels so all of valencia 1-6 then most issues would vanish as you all must not be that bright if you fail to understand simple logic not everyone that plays on val 6 are their to purely pvp they are their to grind and kill all intruders without the worry of loseing karma.

did i mention they are there to grind pve as well?

11. Jeanina

Jeanina Sharivar Lahn 61 EU

non of them has the right to say the spot is mine, nothing belongs to anyone in the game! you get it?

Columba likes this.
  12. Penatera

Ins't this a intentional part of the game? Are people not aware of the way of the land? Isn't this a hard core pvp game?

#272 Penatera, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  13. Elenortirie

ah well then while I'd not approve their behaviour as well I'd say you have digged your grave here yourself by getting red in the first place.

he is speaking of folks with red karma from what I understand in which case as far as I understad the system anyone can attack you without flagging up which was one of mechanics introduced to discourage people from being overly pvp-flag-happy

14. Columba

No , exp losses DIDNT work fine, lol. That’s why they were eliminated. Yes it’s a pvp game....with consequences. If you cant live with consequences but still lose karma because you lack self control or because you MUST HAVE THE MAXIMUM EXP/HOUR, that’s your problem. You are griefing yourself, and you have no one else to blame. You own NOTHING on the map, cupcake. You don’t have to leave. Do as you like, just don’t whine to change the rules tona pkr paradise because you can’t defend yourself when you go red.

Domonkazu likes this.
  15. Columba

Why? The existing one channel is empty

Domonkazu likes this.
  16. Heysz Oknots

How about you just stick to reporting world channel's ASCII?

Kthxbaï

17. AlexHuaTIan

I figure its because even though val 6 is empty. Its still too full by grinding standards. Most of these people dont want a pvp server because they dont actually want to pvp. What they want is to be able to grind alone and do their rotations without having to share with someone lower gear scored than them. And not be kicked out of the grinding spot by people with higher gear scores. Basically, they just want to grind alone. This is why they wont just go to the pvp channel. Because the threat of losing their grinding spot to someone with higher gear scores is bigger than the threat of being karma bombed. If there were more channels like val 6, it would make it less likely for them to meet someone with higher gear scores and kicking them out.

Qwisisto and Czirne like this.
  18. The_Lord

there are plenty of profitable spots lmao you only know 2-3 spots and think that everywhere else is bad LOL. Go explore a little bit stop believing what some people say about only these spots being viable or the '' best ''. There is also many different rotations for each spot and you can even change channel. When someone come to your rotation or you go to their rotation and fight for it if you lose you can try again once or twice but you take the L and leave, again you go see the other rotations or change channel that's it that's how the game work pretty simple.

Yes i have been there lower lvl with no gear stop acting like you get ganked and pk all the time that is not true unless you look for trouble.I would often fight people around my gs and lvl and yes sometimes you get destroyed by higher geared players but that's part of the game can't expect to beat everyone when you are new. Grow up and take the L change rotations/channel instead of going on forums and crying that someone killed you in a videogame.

19. Columba

No argument. Yes, I love reporting ascii spammers! ❤️

20. Tetrinox

Well... that's what I've been saying all along.
    Do you get it?