1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There is nothing they will really do for this class. ever. This is not a first realization.

Discussion in 'Maehwa' started by Rivvy, May 21, 2020.

1. Rivvy

Before any of you get into this I would like to preface this as a Rant. I'm frustrated just like anyone else. I'm Human. Take it with a grain of salt.

When it comes down to core build almost every class has what Maehwa should have by design, but through their refusal and stubborn inability to care about anyone else's opinion or stand on the matter besides people in Korea who seemingly have no idea how a Korean pvp system works we get this mess of a class. In succession we even have to work to get super armor on redmoon. That is absurd.

While other classes have protected damage we get blooming that is only good for hitting one target, its unprotected. You can't finish someone with it in a XvX scenario, you'll get cc'd. Sticky Snowflake is on a 15 second cooldown as a super armor. Stigma is only super armor during its dash, thats almost useless.

You work up to redblade redmoon, you can catch someone out with it, but you'll most certainly get grabbed as well because your stuck in place.

Awakening's damage has been nerfed to the point where you're suboptimal at best. Our only reliable absolute is Redmoon. Wow.

Our overall stamina consumption is ridiculous. When your class' mobility is part of its highlights and you're gimped on it, while watching an awakened ninja be able to rotate movement skills at a seemingly infinite rate, there is something wrong.

At this point even our current community suggestions aren't enough. We're in the same spot that Musa was before the cc/pvp change and it won't get any better. It won't get better because Koreans hate Maehwa. They hate her for reasons that we can't understand, and we aren't talking about their ******** excuse about damage. I don't want to hear that when we can see how the current state of classes are and the damage they deal. We watch other classes excel in what they do while we suffer for almost no reason other than Koreans are babies unwilling to understand anything. "Maehwa is one of the only classes that can kill someone in one combo at high ap" is a terrible excuse as to why she shouldn't be allowed to perform well in fights.

If I were to ask for changes I would want the damage on Petal Bloom raised. I want Petal Drill to have stiff on it. I want cloudstab's damage back. for succ, redmoon should be super armor base, iframe in red blade, why do I have to work for a super armor that does nearly ****all. Blooming needs to be superarmor. For both succ and awakening our dash stamina cost needs to be reduced. Why the actual **** would you touch it in the first place. Its a core part of Maehwa/Musa.

It really sucks when you try to perform well with your class but watch as other classes do well with their kit because their kit allows them to do well while you're stuck dealing with the ******** that never got fixed, worked on, or buffed/QoL buffed.

And what sucks about it is that it feels like it won't be really changed. They're in it for the money and the Koreans don't care. They ruin everything. They ruin their own games, and once its ruined and everyone finally leaves the very same Devs try to revive it. Only to realize that the damage they dealt is catastrophic and near irreparable. It happens all the time and its really sad.

I really enjoy this game's core gameplay. Maehwa is a fun class, but Koreans don't think so and boy does it sure as **** show.

Zakard Evans, Kurtferro79 and DarkGG like this.
  2. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

Don't feel so bad, I've been a DK main since release of her, sure she was utterly op on launch, but now look at her almost no one plays her anymore on na. In KR tho it seems DK is still busted and keeps getting nerfed like i feel your pain, that's why I've decided to take a break again from bdo. I kept telling myself once i hit 269+ AP it gets better. I'm now sitting at 273/273/301 and i can tell you it's the same. Bdo is lacking so much right now in every department of the game but lifeskilling. It's pve is quick, mindless, and useless ( no real reason to lvl only ment for silver) the PVP while can be fun at times is still at it's core a hot mess. True group content is non existent. Guilds outside of the PVP scene is pointless. BDO needs to seriously take a step back and stop doing these dumb weekly meaningless patches and take about 6 months to truly listen to all of it's player base and then adjust.

3. Prim nw

Stamina consumption on maehwa is just beyond ridiculous and the reason it's **** tier let's tbh, fix that first then everything else since u can keep adding more QoL or damage it all won't do **** when u run out of stam after 10sec.

Waiting for 'balance' changes to roll out and then pick a diff class that's actually viable outside just 1v1's. Litterally this biggest trash class ive seen in a video game to date lol

I don't think u quite realize the strenght of DK succ...

4. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

I am succ it still takes 4 hits at 273 to kill any softcap dp player

5. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Its sux, you become full melee class w/o any survivability, gain a bit of attack range ( CC range already nerfed) while trading all you range skills. DK succession do nothing with class was based on Iframes and Iframes got removed w/o changing SA/FG duration. Stop using slightly increasing in attack power of mostly 300 AP DK's (why else would someone play this class) on succession vs classes that do way more more damage with 260AP while basically immortal on less DP.

DarkGG likes this.
  6. MechGorak

as someone who plays 75% mae and 25% dk, i feel you all :)

at least they're nice to look at, right?

DarkGG likes this.
  7. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

This class would be the best embodiment of fun PVP, if only there weren't many others that seem designed to make PVP trivial

8. Exitious1

The Korean maehwa players made all these kinds of grievances known. They commented on the last feedback post that PA put up and was the highest commented post. Demonstrating all awakening and succs short comings. I also communicated with a few of the KR maehwas to ensure our feedback was communicated through them. So its the devs at this point. And you that they did acknowledge some of it with the red blade UI (whether you like it or not) as an example. So it just means they havent decided on the stamina and other adjustments yet or dont agree.

Stamina is highest priority. Plain and simple. Cant make plays if you dont have room to breathe.

Personally I dont like SA Red Moon as we don't have alot of valuable FGs in succ. Its a good counter trade (depending on gear difference) and blocks debuffs like slows which is our classes bane. SA red moon can just get easily bursted if your not careful with all the dmg out there now. This however is coming from a 316-325 dp player so take it with a grain of salt. At higher dp the SA might be more valuable as it could tank enough while having less openings.

Drill stiff would be great but dont hold your breathe.

Petal Bloom base dmg is lackluster. Ive mentioned this needing buffs as well as drill for better chip dmg to fit the meta.

And SSF SA on 15 CD is something I complained about as well. Should be 10-12 at most. I also still dont get why awakening SSF hasnt be getting SA yet.

9. Prim nw

Should see petal bloom dmg on globallab, just by autoattacking u end up dealing more damage than a fully charged up petal bloom :'

10. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

@GM
    A guardian today realized that it was enough to block and grab me, I wonder how it is possible to conceive a class that cannot compensate for all these deficits with the possibility of moving a lot ( A LOTTTT not +2 dash), if every 2 attacks I have to stop to recover stamina and practically every class is able to break through the guard with a ranged skill and all my skills are within reach of the opposing grab and therefore I cannot break through the block without risking the grab, what sense does this class have?

B U F F THIS ****ING **** CLASS!!!!!

Class description:

PRO:
    Big Tits

CON:
    No grab, no decent iframe, long skill animations, ridiculous stamina management, normal damage, insufficient speed to chase any class, no ranged damage, very high CDs, non-existent AOE, continuously in danger of receiving very high speed debuffs that last almost 1 minute , block that holds 1 opposing skill if it goes well, SA skills that enter late and take cc.

#10 Kurtferro79, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020