1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There's definitely been a fairly hefty population drop

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WastedJoker, Jun 19, 2018.

1. kimuriel13

also many ppl rerolled cause of the pvp changes that messed their prev class or simply lvling lanh! so they are not in their lifeskill char all the time!

Smileybones likes this.
  2. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

5$ Steam sale. Compare that to the peak of Steam release and January '18.

3. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

True but completely out of point. What @Slynx pointed out is an increase of Steam population. What we witness here is simple to explain: a part of the vet playerbase is bored after a couple years playing or unhappy with PVP overhaul, leading to some decrease in areas where vets mostly are like rankings and high tier nodewars, while this game keeps attracting new players through Steam or returning players.

What will be interesting to see is how the playerbase will evolve when Kakao probably releases Drieghan.

4. yukishiro1

The main change I have noticed since the hackers got banned is that it's a lot easier to get stuff off the MP, particularly stones. Over 2k hards have built up, whereas for months and months they'd never build up at all, and I was able to buy 40 sharps in 5 minutes just now, whereas a couple weeks ago it would have taken a half hour or longer to get that many.

Of course, that just makes mems even more of a bottleneck than they were previously...

5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

I noticed the same. However, mem frags aren't an issue at all, just ask @2Cents to backup his claim for once:

Spoiler: he won't, as he never backups his bs.

6. Arzurag

Gotta play gw2 again.
    At least there, ppl don't expect to survive getting ambushed by +5 players.
    Additionally, there's not such gear discrepancy and the damage done overall is not too high either.

Leionhearth likes this.
  7. AlwaysSaltyAF

All the kings of BDO play on Arsha channel now. Do not enter there without some sort of lubricant. Don't believe me? *Wipes forehead* I feel bad for you son.

Mistermoff likes this.
  8. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

nod .. i set myself free early in 2018

as for the bye felicia "reeeeee" crowd" : Enjoy.........

#48 crawlord, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  9. Angarato

so you're finnally gonna leave? :)

10. Tracsta

Didnt went Lahn, but i rerolled too, my top 3 farming char is collecting dust atm

11. Alicia Dominica

Of course not, he can't. There would have to be another KR grinder with huge gear-carry being released that he can no-life from headstart on.

Unfortunately for him and the like-minded wannabe PvPers, Bless was a fail, so they are kinda stuck here till the next trash-tier KR MMO comes around. The problem for people like him that only play the kind of grinders where huge time-investment is all that's needed to win is that they can't be "late" to the party. As much as they like to bash newbies here and smart-talk them about how they "only have to no-life/grind for half a ear to catch up", they would never settle with something like this when the roles are reversed.

As much as I'd like to say good riddance, he will remain simply because he has nowhere else to go. Such is the fate of all MMO-dropouts that can only compete in heavy-grinders.

Mana_Mafia, SKYMARK, Asato and 2 others like this.
  12. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

until u realize that i've been playing equalized games (and succeeding) since forever and that i've been undergeared in bdo when compared to other end game pvpers but you don't want to realize that cus then you can't go on pointless slandering and trashtalking while hiding your in game name in shame

Mesuka and Reuter like this.
  13. Frazan

Frazan Kunoichi 62 EU

You means when A:IR comes out as Kakao publisher it's gonna be so good :)

Draconnix and Tdogg88 like this.
  14. Escapism

what server/channel is that on where you get into the top30 fishing with just m21, we're at pretty much the exact same fishing, processing & cooking levels. But on EU, there still dozens of Gurus+ in fishing and processing on every channel and most of the time i dont even make it into top30.

rank 1-2 wealth is the only thing i currently get with 9.8b silver... All my Master level lifeskills are meaningless.

15. LightningFFXIII-4

November - December 2017 - 2 Month Long, Server Issues, Literally unplayable, GM's telling players it's your ISP use Mudfish VPN.
    Jan - Feb 2018 - Tent, Combat Book, Kama Buff released on pearlshop, game went full P2W, Siege Payouts got leaked and well known.
    March - May 2018 - Renown score, CC Changes, Combat Changes, Lots of Players hated it. No more 1 vs 100 videos.
    May - June 2018 - Hackers/Exploits/Speed Hacks/Item Duplication. 1.2Bil-1.8Bil weekly Payouts is the new norm. Forum Mods deleting negative threads left and right.

Game is competing with the White house in terms of "Making things great again".

Arzurag, mel0man, Asato and 1 other person like this.
  16. xLightning

alot of ppl are playing GW2. i dont blame them the game a huge playerbase and the World v World is pretty awesome. BDO is so stale right now and the pvp system is actually ****ing garbage

17. KikoiK

Game is dying, blah, blah, blah.

Whales are gone, blah, blah, blah.

Bless online, blah, blah blah.

This is a clear cut case of If this, then that.

The bottom line is - if BDO was bleeding money and losing a bunch of business...

If any of the ragequit threads and threats really represent an economic liability,

If the release of Bless would have caused grave concern to BDO, what with the *unverifiable* claim that people are quitting by the droves...

THEN

Kakao would have reverted the changes that this vocal community hate so much.

Has that happened yet? No.

Remember how quickly they reverted Amerigo's and other NPCs' voices after people expressed their outrage? That was a quick turnaround.

However, the changes you so hate have not been reverted.

So, either:

People aren't quitting or
    The amount of people that are quitting have little to minimal impact.
    It could even have a positive impact!

People can cry and rage till they are blue in the face.

Unless Kakao does a 180 and reverts stuff, I call bs on any alleged "impact" from the quitting crowd.

Hey, maintenance is happening now. Maybe, just maybe, today will be your lucky day!

I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

**Loving BDO as much as I did the first day**

18. xLightning

No its that they dont care wuth the release of bdo mobile and console. New money to be made. Keep white knighting this trash game

Asato and lRNGesusl like this.
  19. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

The World Cup is on. Who's gonna actively try to play this mess of a game in its current state?

lRNGesusl likes this.
  20. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

BDO will be the last Korean Grinder I think about. The bait and switch that Koreans like to do in their MMOs, is strong indeed.

lRNGesusl and Blackhearted like this.