1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There's definitely been a fairly hefty population drop

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WastedJoker, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Leionhearth

Still better pvp then bdo. far more balanced. and entry friendly. unlike the grind 1 1/2 years to be compedetive desert online.

2. Caexx

cant tell if troll or not xD

3. Leionhearth

tbh i to regret ever throwing money at PA myself. just to be facerolled by a fcked up company only milking players and making idiotic descissions on the fly.

Blackhearted likes this.
  4. Nyhver

ManUppu down

When siege carried players who, (source confirmed btw by all private investigators and institutes of research nonpartisan btw) get 5bil payouts per person each month- on top of easy pay to win things like their crates, (another 5b) and their pay 2 win house with the bank (another 5b) it adds up to an easy 50bil per month over other players- are born with rainbow spoons in hand and still quit it's very emblematic of the problematic system

and how do you propose normies catch up with this bonus ap + reknown + they're more limited in options so they have even less room to outplay people than before system? Being lucky is their only chance because the amount of attempts you can throw at tri+ accessory attempts and tet+ attempts with gold armor rather than casual plebeian normie green stuff with the free 2000 hards + sharps they get through a hidden siege bonus+lifeskill bonus is simply a great example of exponential growth

by the time a casual with average RNG stops finding fun in discovering the world by being a normie that finds joy in randomly being rewarded for browsing through a bush and gets full pen the game is going to have more gear and the rest of the siege payout grind lifeskill carried players are just going to put their thick wads of saved money into that and the gear advantage is gained once again

Everything in this game is was mixed but had good points now its good points are so dwarfed by the bad ones as is the case with the track record and design of PA. Some of the only player left in this game are the ones who wanted to be something and never were

you could have made this game better but you're all crack babies that fuel perverse monsters

get memed on ap monkeys

5. 2Cents

Remember how great it was back then, when NO ONE could watch a tournament and every comment was *Yawn* Zerker chain grabs who cares. It was so amazing!

6. 2Cents

Wouldn't they use proven facts?

7. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Nice dodging the point as usual.

8. 2Cents

Are you certain I'm not dodged the point brah?

That point of course being that Witches have been bottom tier 1v1 PVP for far to long. While the patch notes indicate they do recognize issues in the accuracy not being applied correctly, the fact is there are a stack of issues with witches that need to be addressed.

Both Witch/Wizard where a very popular classes and customers INVESTED MONEY INTO THEM. The only dignified thing for Kakao/Pearl Abyss to do is address and fix those issues and make both classes viable in all situations.

9. Meeraku

Meeraku DarkKnight 58 NA

Then you, good sir, have never EVER played Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing!

10. 2Cents

It's quite a spectacular game just watch....

11. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

By the way, itsn't it too long, Mr "I grammar nazi so I can dodge points".

SKYMARK likes this.
  12. Celensra

It's pretty obvious. The only "true" ways to tell how many have left are just the hollow feeling when going to fight Karanda or Kzarka and only a handful of people arrive and they aren't even strong enough to defeat them or all the "AFK" life skillers that are no longer fishing, processing, riding, or otherwise. They've simply stopped bothering to log in. It's deeply saddening to see...and I don't understand why the game has to end this way.

Blackhearted likes this.
  13. 2Cents

I know you are deeply concerned as where many other you tube posters about Pearl Abyss creating new classes while existing ones remain unfinished, broken, or simply unbalanced.

I appreciate you bringing this topic to light, thanks again.

14. 2Cents

Both the consumers and developers that's why. Look at how many people where willing to dish out $150 at Bless just so they could participate in the 4th failed launch.

15. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

You need professional help.

16. Kusaragii

Black Desert Online is almost dead game. zzzzzz

Pkmdz likes this.
  17. SKYMARK

Love the last part "Mods deleting negative threads left and right", isn't that a good thing mr.highiq?

18. Raiya Li

Bless Offline would like to have a word with you..... :P

19. 2Cents

Or perhaps professional developers who are veterans in MMORPG gaming. Ones that would produce much better game mechanics like those seen in Pantheon. At the very least ones that could do class balancing much more proficiently.

Not to mention classes that are nearly incapable of 1v1 in an Open World PvP game.
    I'll let you guess witch class that is.

20. nolasigns

Couple of nub channels were crowded yesterday- So, maybe returning players or even better, new players.

I've been gaming since EQ release. I've watch these cycles over and over in every game since.

Population declines generally happen due to several elements, not just the ones we personally think it is because it's something we personally don't like as well, and has us on the edge of quitting, too.

Seasons change population- Summer's here. It's a strange phenomenon, but people do have lives outside of BDO. I wouldn't even find it hard to believe that 700 people out of 20k player-base, might be on family vacation for the summer.

Class balances. People tend to pick the most OP class as per suggestions from the internet in accordance to their preferred play-styles. Want the best pvp class, farming class? Google it, roll it, invest months of time and money to get to top tier just to have it nerfed. Seen this especially in games with PvP elements to it. Even in GW2 as trivial as it is to level and gear up there. It's suggested often here, but the PvP there sucks on it's own level. WvWvW is just glob zerges. You'll only be on the winning time at peak population hours, and there is no real strategies or rhyme of reason for the actions other than a server wide buff for crap you could get easily with or without it. But, every class in the game has been nerfed at some point in time, and every one of them was the most OP at some time or the other. Loyalty to that game probably comes at the cost of the most boring game pre-top tier. I've played other games that ignored class balance, and people just coped with having a class that will always be better because of mechanics of the game allows it and the population would sustain a linear average. In the case of BDO, seems being able to perma lock someone helpless to win is the prefered method. I remember when Perfect world nerfed a glitch the blademasters had where they could perma-stun an opponent until they could APS them to death. That glitch was present for many years before it was fixed- and alas, many people quit the game over a glitch that never was meant to be implemented in the first place- (animation glitches) ofc that game totally ignored the Assassin class that could attack at a rate of 5.0 hits per second, and with top-tiered gear could kill someone before the graphics showed them come out of stealth. 2005-2018, still a solid player base of people willing to pay over 5 grand in real money to get top tiered-
    I myself quit Neverwinter when they destroyed my class. But, that's because I grew up with the class the way it was, new and upcoming players that loves that class today, learned to like it without the things I liked it for.

Gear and level gaps- Newer players to older games, may find it too ridiculous to ever catch up once they learn the dynamics of how gearing/leveling works. Not everyone is old school gamers. This newer generation of gamers seem to be more focused on games with a continuous flow of gratification. When you break ground with the enhancement systems in this game, it is a total turn off in comparison to other games. Hell, some of the older hardcore leveling and gear gain games had little to no enhancements,and was based on merit or achievements to gain. In this one, if you're lucky enough to get a boss drop, it's garbage until you dedicate damn near your entire game time trying to get it at least leveled or better than the grunil you're wanting to replace. In most games, simply replacing it as an upgrade was enough. While failstacking and repairing max durability may seem trivial to some of us that became gurus at it with the help of guides and trial and error, newbies may not see it the same, or may not have the drive to deal with it. I'm sure many of us knows someone that quit all because of the enhancement system. This is further enforced with open world pvp, because us failstack gurus like to try our new toys on unsuspecting players trying to advance the best way they know how, by leveling.

PVP/PVE.... This is the dead-horse portion of population increases and declines. While i've been a PvP player from the beginning, and in many cases prefer an open world pvp, that's simply not everyone's cup of tea. I know fellow PvP enthusiast cannot approach this topic with an objective outlook, namely because they -feel- as though pvp is the only thing that makes a game, a true mmorpg. however, in my experience in playing numerous games over a 20 year span, every one of them that had a dedicated PvP server, and a dedicated PvE server(s)- we can safely say, the care-bear server(s) thrived much better in population in comparisons to the pvp server- BDO is a PvP game, and the population growth and decline will be largely in part due to that. Not only non PvPers getting turned off, but pro-PvPers who maybe fits one of the previous categories.

Game mechanics- BDO has a great quality in graphics, and AI ambiance. The map is huge, and those qualities could have new players running all over, discovering neat things. I still see neat little things that I am always surprised a developer took the time to think about and make it happen. Most any other games have dull, and lifeless ambiance. NPCs are like lifeless plugs, that may look back an forth in an attempt to look alive. The animations of animals, nature, mounts, cloth, seas, weather really is immersive. But what they have there, they lack the key ingredients that makes an MMO actually multiplayer. Aside from getting your butt handed over to you for that fav grind spot, you could completely play this game and never socially interact. In most every game I have ever played, your class had a quality that any other class would love to have around. I get it that the holy trinity is dead in modern gaming communities, and they prefer it stay dead, but most game's longevity is heavily dependent on community. Loyalty is community based, there's no if and or buts about it, a crappy community is a dead one from the start. Having to rely on each-other to progress is precisely how communities develop. Sure, the recent expansion created group grind content, but to what rewards? Sure, I know, we have guilds- i'll cover next.

Guilds- The system we have on over-all really destroys the ability to built a loyal community even through guilds. Sure, we have node wars, and people need to come together to achieve great things in battle!. But with the current BDO gaming system, that just feeds the gear gap problems. We don't have anyway to build guilds from the ground up. We can only start a guild and hope that screaming in world-chat we want ready made players that have suffered through all the levels, and has perfectly ready and enhanced gear will apply. We cannot really say- we will help you gear up, and enhance, as well as progress. So in order for anyone to be a part of great things such as battles in node wars, you'll need to first solo your life away. In most all games, a part of being in a community such as a guild, was because there were real incentives to be a part of it, since it is what will help you grow. 5 million a day payouts and a handful of buffs isn't community building incentive.

In closing a useless long winded response, in all my years, every game in its infancy sees these mass exoduses. In every game in those years, everyone of them had a forum with doomsday post spanning a decade, this one will be no different for years to come.

Arzurag and Asurathia like this.