1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There's nothing wrong with enchanting

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Askore, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

There is no way to rule out hidden variables. There could, in fact, be a set of parameters checked each roll which we are not privy to. Some successes may in fact have been guaranteed in that moment. How would anyone know? The "magical" ritualistic notion of doing certain things at certain times at worst takes nothing away from the known odds, presumably. Unless particle decay detectors are used to generate randomness, the seed has to come from *somewhere*

That's why I dye my DK's nightie a slightly different shade before each enhancement attempt.

2. Pkmdz

There is nothing wrong with "Enchanting" because Enchanting is not something you do in this game...

Had it coming

Assilma and Motoko_Shi like this.
  3. Arreyanne

Arreyanne Lahn 59 NA

So thats why I fail, I didn't pray to Ares at the right moment. Maybe I should have climbed the cliff at Delphi and consulted the Oracles before pushing that button.

Anyone have extra airfare to Greece i can borrow?

4. Syc

Syc

Let me tell you how he first did his tet ogre his first tet jewel.He was out of SOV got bored because no fights he RAGE QUITED he start to pen all his armor/wepons failed and clicked on his tri ogre and he made tet and start playing again.Very smart tutorial .

5. Askore

Askore Sorceress EU

sorry I'm used to playing other games where it's called enchanting and not enhancing. not my problem that daum decided to use weird translation, is bdo your first mmo by any chance
    lol. what? tet ogre is my third and I did it 2 months after I quit cus i was bored and remembered I had a tri ogre and valks attendance reward failstacks.
    i just did 1 hour of enchanting and got tet dande then went for pen muskans that were lying around since urugon came out, pen dande and both failed (on purpose)
    then I got my spare ogre to tet and there wasnt a single moment of hesitation because i 100% knew i was going to get it. that's how good I am. get over it.

not sure what it has to do with sovereign, havent been in there for almost 6 months and quit so long ago I don't even know if they still exist.
    forums, creating history

want to get tet accessories? just get good LOOOOOOL [​IMG]

6. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Nope.... I just read and pay attention to what I'm reading. For being so good at something you'd think you'd know what its called.

Oaklay and Motoko_Shi like this.
  7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

u should be a comedian, this is quality stuff.

Oaklay and Motoko_Shi like this.
  8. EvL

EvL

First off, your wrong. Psuedo RNG is not a new term and it has been used frequently since the 1960's.

Second. your saying those so called lucky windows i speak of don't exist? Well they do, you know why? Because of parameters of an algorithm. Some of these people in the thread just blind believers of RNG I can't blame them for being clueless sheep because of lack of knowledge it's not like game designers want them to know anyway.

You can tell people aliens exist and they'll tell you it's a lie even though Nasa confirmed in just our own galaxy 100 billion planets exist. That's just our one galaxy. I guess out of all the other billions of planets in other galaxies no life exists.. lol. See some people can't take information and get clues to an answer. They wouldn't be satisfied until someone showed them the code to BDO and they would probably be so dumb to coding still couldn't read it.

I guess they wouldn't believe space doesn't have air until someone took them up into space and they died in it.

One thing you should know in MMO's they code a roll bracket, this is how these windows exist. They only exist because of these brackets if it was true rng the +15 windows wouldn't exist... the one tap tri windows wouldn't exist.. not even the Tet windows.

They exist because there is a parameter to the roll of it's range!

You may understand this better since you know some coding.. but i'll try to make a good example for non-coders. We'll use 0-100 as an example.

Example Gear piece needs 75 or above, when you click enhance the dice rolls it can roll above or below 75. What makes windows occur is the roll range the dice maybe be coded at MAX to roll 10 up or 10 down, 15 up or 15 down, 20 up or 20 down. It's up to the MMO to choose.

Say said dice rolls at 85, it can only roll 10 up or 10 down. That mean's you succeed, and if you immediately roll again before whatever they code influences the dice roll system you'll roll another 10 up or 10 down and instantly succeed again. This is the easiest way i can explain it.

You know why fail streaks happen though? Because you start too far away from the success range and you have to keep rerolling the dice by failing until you get back into it and success!

If you ever payed attention... you'll notice when the tet window is in people will two tap tets back to back it's because of the dice roll range. You'll hardly EVER see people hit 3 tets one tap back to back to back.. cause by the 3rd time most of them roll out of success range or they so happy and cheery they got two tets and they yelling in guild chat and typing TY by the time they try for a third the window is GONE.

Patterns exist even in BDO, they exist in many MMO's.

Did you even read this post?

https://mmos.com/editorials/rng-isnt-random

How they cheated manasocketing endgame on Aion? You know how they succeeded because the rolls have max ranges because it's not true RNG!

Able to type /roll in the chat see a dice number roll... see it get high enough then socket their gear with no failures.

While all the other hardworking players cried tears of destroyed stones and frustration. Read the whole editorial, he the author even tells you how horrible he was failing for the longest before being told a visual way to see the dice rolls. If the dice roll was truly random though they still would have been failing no matter if they saw it or not. It wasn't though so they socketed with no fails.

BDO has nothing like a visual /roll to see what the dice is rolling the only thing you can pay attention to is the general system messages to even gleam when it's a good time to try or if you spot a window or if your self enhancing and notice a window occurs.

If you guys truly think PA aka Cash Shop King lol would make true rng rolls... i'm going to tell you straight up, now your stupid. To even think they would code true rng or anything similar to true rng into a game where they profit off Artisans more so than anything in the cash shop. You really stupid lol.

As much as i hate their practices PA/Kakao are shrewd businessmen.... to even think they would make true rng or even something similar to true rng haha that's really stupid!

Sometimes there is simply a good time to enhance and sometimes it simply is a bad time.. and sometimes you'll just get an average result. When you choose to enhance and how they have parameters set determine the experience many people will get.

Do i even need to speak on the stealth nerfs/buffs to Yellow Duo Boss enhancement success ranges since last November up until now? They changed it what three to four times? Those were the effects of parameters and changed success ranges.

So many parameters and factors in this game who could even know them all but the coders/developers.. but to say those windows don't exist well that's just flat out silly.

9. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

You aren't as smart as you think you are ......

10. EvL

EvL

I'm smart enough to know that a company who breaks all the classes and then charges you $50 to reroll won't give you sheep true rng! LMAO

TRUE RNG IN BDO NOW THAT IS TINFOIL!

:D:D:D:D:D

Fearless V likes this.
  11. Paradat

I agree nothing wrong with it. I mean it is soul crushing and makes me appreciate other game I play so … yeah all good.

Oaklay likes this.
  12. Escapism

I dont even need to read through that full wall, i actually read that exact article some time ago though. And you dont need to explain me anything about rng, prgn or "rigged" rng in games, as i actually developed a small game myself where i had to write my own seed-based random map generator which had to be able to reproduce the exact same results based on a seed input (similar to minecraft maps).

The thing about bdo's enhancing is, there is 0 proof or evidence of any rigging or varying outside parameters affecting the enhancement outcomes, its 100% all just confirmation bias from tinfoil wearing people. If you can actually collect a decent sized amount of aggregated data to scientifically compare if any rigging could be happening, perhaps you would even be able to figure out losely what would cause it, release this information public and help every player enhance his gear easier, you would do everyone a huge favor instead of just throwing out endless tinfoil theories which noone can take seriously.

JM likes this.
  13. WhySoSeeryus

come on people, this game enhancing is very rewarding and fair!

i mean honestly that feeling when you grind for hours and hours on end without full rare drops, while your guildies kill a few pack of mobs and make more money than you is simply awesome! but ok, you grind it out, with 300% less efficiency than lucky people and buy a supply of stuff you need for your enhancing! let the games begin! prepare the failstacks, fight the reblath rng, say a prayer or two to the rngjesus!

you proceed to fail 3 PRI (lol) ogre rings in a row, while Billy Bob next to you one shots it to TRI spamming "EZ!!!!!" on guild and world chat describing to everyone how he was even jewing on failstacks coz you know, why would you make decent failstacks when you "got the skill to click". then ofc there is that Johnny guy, teting everything under 60, and getting a pen on 70 on "his highest failstack ever". And what is wrong with that George, lucky f*ck that logged in few times a day and go three tets in one day? While you KNOW Johnny, Billy and George are just lucky as fck, you have to stop and wonder why is it that you are so ****** unlucky. not even that, how did developers even allow such gear power levels with such a luck based enhancing? why do some people need to work 10+ times more for same items? dont mistake this post for crying, it is a fairly serious confusion.

Fire of, Reyer, Fearless V and 2 others like this.
  14. Peisinoe

Yeah, but as @Askore will tell you, you're just doing it wrong. Smart people only grind at times when they will get guaranteed drops for their guaranteed enhancements, then go get their guaranteed boss drops before winning guaranteed sieges. Anyone else just isn't as smart. [​IMG]

Askore likes this.
  15. Hoebbit

Hoebbit Valkyrie 62 EU

You guys make fun of it, but what is this egotistic frame of mind - "I enhanced something easily/I dropped a rare item because I understand some voodoo, therefore I'm a better player/smarter person".

I fail to understand this, can someone really be this retarded.

Fearless V likes this.
  16. WhySoSeeryus

you probably failed to enhance as well, nab.

;)

EvL likes this.
  17. Karmek

Thanks for mentioning Aion. I exploited the **** out of the Manastone socketing before it went mainstream. I was making bank off exploiting similar mechanics when crafting bows too. I could almost guarantee procs and people paid me insane for me to do their crafts.

I miss the good old days of Aion pre-3.1... :'(

Edit : After reading the article, that's not really how the patterns worked. There was a hidden "failstack" system allowing you to build failstacks on manastones. The /roll tinfoil wasn't something you could use for slotting items because the RNG patterns were on two separate seeds. The way endgame guilds used to do it was to build failstacks on other trash items and after multiple slotting fails they were instantly swapping back to slotting their real gear.

The way it worked for crafting was that you could get the "proc" animation when crafting (yielding better, rarer gear). With that said, the base proc chance was around 8% most of the time. The way you could abuse it was a hidden failstack system again. You could get the proc animation while doing alchemy but crafting potions didn't yield anything better. The way to guarantee a 80% proc rate on a rare craft was to chain alchemy potions and wait for a 15-20 "non-proc" alchemy crafts and then swapping to the actual rare item craft.

In fact, that concept is extremely common in all games. This is called weighted RNG, and the way BDO works is pretty straightforward as failstacks are actually a way for the game to show you how "weighted" your RNG is... except failstacks barely matter. They increase the odds but the actual rolls are weighted once more upon the actual clicks.

#97 Karmek, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    EvL likes this.
  18. EvL

EvL

Ty for explaining that, i didn't play Aion so i wouldn't know. I can also imagine it's possible they used a different exploit than yours as they said theirs was based on /roll while yours really wasn't. It seems likely there were two different exploits and they could have been at entirely two different times in the games history. However, like you said weighted RNG is in a lot of MMO's and this one also - another parameter of enhancing.

EDITED

#98 EvL, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  19. EvL

EvL

The only thing tinfoil is your thinking.

TRUE RNG IN BDO? That's TINFOIL.

Obviously, the game has PSUEDO RNG.

If it's PSUEDO RNG, that would mean parameters exist to affect enhancing.. and those windows that exist are BENEFICIAL FLUKES of those parameters.

Did i not explain to you how the game decides if a gear is to be enhanced or not? Your a coder and you think BDO doesn't have a max range cap on it's roll every time you click enhance?

I'm talking roll mechanics that stuff your talking is tinfoil, sad thing is your suppose to have some code knowledge and you can't understand something AS SIMPLE as this?

Now your only response is where is the proof or evidence? Didn't i say how to get proof earlier? Just pay attention to it and find it on your own.

Knowing roll mechanics of an MMO alone should already let you know what i'm saying is easily possible.

See that's the problem with people, they want you to tell them where to get the water and then walk them to it so they can see it for themselves and drink it, but people like me will let you die of thirst after we tell you if you don't go find it on your own.

Go find some no life to go compile it, while the rest of the people who know it exists do their enhancing when its more favorable to them while the smartass tinfoil people stay in the dark until they go get that so called proof they need to see it. That's certainly fine by us.

20. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

You really are delusional.
    Over a year ago i use to really look forward to posts from BigandShiny..... dont know if hes still posting.... but his posts were great and taken seriously cause he actually provided data and knew how to construct a proper test.
    Have you ever heard of data mining? Do you really think something like that would be there without someone smarter than you having already found the evidence? Evidence for many things that we now know were found this way.
    The bottom line is.... you're delusional and have fully bought into your magical thinking which was exasterbated by confirmation bias.
    Construct an actually test and show how many 100% successes you have had with your crackpot theory.... you wont... cause its a crackpot theory........... my wife got a bonus last week and i'm 100% sure its cause i had orange juice that morning <----- this is essentially what you sound like.