1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There's nothing wrong with enchanting

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Askore, Aug 6, 2018.

1. BaldVulture

id have to disagree, the enhancement system is the most flawed system in BDO this sytem alone has cause a higher player loss then any p2w item they added in the MP since value packs. the who system needs to be reworked, i got excited when i started reading todays patch notes... then i laughed after reading some more... how out of touch must you be to think that +13 +14 and +15 needed any rework when less then 3 weeks after launch all my gear was alreadt +15. the problem is the gear gap and that wont help it.

2. EvL

EvL

You go tell them to go data mine it then, lol.

You and all these smart people and people smarter than me would have found it by now eh?.. it's hard to even take that statement seriously because 99% of the gaming population are just as blind as you and that's how game designers want you to be. You believe MMO's have true RNG yet you call me delusional? You are the exact example of magical thinking.

"EVERYTIME I CLICK ENHANCE ITS ALWAYS RANDOM"

LMAO, THAT IS MAGICAL THINKING!

Your mad because someone you don't think is smarter than you.. is able to find some favorable enhance conditions while you always think it's random and when they mention it you and the rest of the population gets mad. You know what we call this... a "hater" <-------This is essentially what you are.

3. Mafesio

Well, I have t been in this forum in a while, wanted to see how things are going with the game, but this thread lol, I can't help but throw my 2 cents in.

One, as a programmer for over 17 years, everything you said about RNG and Pseudo RNG is wrong. Computers can't generate a random number on their own, you need a seed which should be unique to get as close as your going to get ever yo a random number. Changing the range doesn't change it's behavior, but no programmer would make a range less than 0 or more than one, you would just change the odds, because changing the range would essentially be the same thing as increasing the offs just more sloppy with rounding decimals depending on the data type your storing the RNG number in.

With that said, the ideas of windows were the offs change is beyond stupid. One, I would challenge anyone who even knows how to do basic coding, or a veteran developer to make a dice game using whatever RNG method you want, and arbitraily make a window where the odds or range change. I'm not talking about setting the odds to change after a certain time had passed or the time of day. I mean a RNG generator that with no further input just makes magic windows of reduced odds out of nowhere.

I will gift you whatever you like from the Pearl shop to whoever can make a RNG generator with magical windows of decreased odds, any language, and platform.

Asato and JM like this.
  4. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Glad you did.... but this guy doesn't like logic.

5. 「RedM00N」

Kakao has given some compiled data for both regions on each anniversary. Cant get a better sample size than that. And, not to tinfoil, but there are data anomalies that go against the rest and even ones between the two years (and so happen to be the ones people tinfoil about most).

EvL likes this.
  6. EvL

EvL

As a programmer for over 17 years.. i'm surprised your unable to even disprove anything i said, in fact you only proved it, but yet you are still so dense to even know it.

I said True RNG doesn't exist? You only simply told me what we i've already known. Also, i didn't speak on what causes the seed.. I spoke of the RESULT of having it's range within the coded success range and how it can reroll immediately into the same success range because of the coded parameters that causes these windows... these windows are nothing more than the result of a good seed and a capped roll range that allows it to once again reroll into the success range.

You've been coding for 17 years, how the hell could you not know you can tie a range to its already previously generated number and these windows i speak of if, if we need to get technical is when the game seeds the number in the success range and it rolls again in the success range leading to double taps on tets for multiple people who attempt to enhance at that time. Until it rolls out of it's range again. This not only happens for TET but for TRI as well and it happens for gear and it's EASILY SEEABLE like when your enhancing and you go from +14 to +15 8-10 times in a row and cant even build a stack to +10 or +15.

You Mr. programmer know why right? Because the game seeded in the success range for it and kept rerolling in it and it's just that a WINDOW.

You also say changing the odds won't change it's behavior? I didn't say behavior I SAID RESULTS.

And this CODE an RNG challenge who are you kidding? People have already coded systems like this systems like this was coded pre mmo's and are still used to this day. They had systems like this coded even in MUDs. You obviously don't code video games we know that for sure.

If you want to do a pearl challenge why does anyone need to code anything... we can just CALL a video game design college or university and ask because they TEACH THEM HOW TO CODE MMO RNG SYSTEMS? So simple isn't it?

#106 EvL, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  7. Mana_Mafia

LOL, that GIF is so funny.

8. Asato

Do you code?

Do you accept his challenge if it's this simple? :p

9. Arninekay

Assuming the RNG generator is entirely server-based, you'd have to account for server lag and the sheer number of packets it sends to all people enhancing. I'm not expert in this, but isn't that why we see things like rubber-banding?

EvL likes this.
  10. EvL

EvL

No, i won't waste my time accepting his challenge, because no one accepted mine.. I HAVE SAID A FEW TIMES WHERE TO CALL TO GET THOSE MYSTICAL ANSWERS...

11. Rozefall

Why not go one step further. What if i told you your enchanting success rate is bound to your character cheeks size? Can you disprove that? Would be pretty big brain from developers, in the end they don't want true RNG and noone would ever think about that am i right boys? :D

Reyer and Asato like this.
  12. EvL

EvL

I think your right, let's see who we can get to data mine and test this theory of yours. You may even need to spread your virtual cheeks for those people who won't believe you... unless they see you screen shotting your ass while your enhancing in the pictures you get your numbers from....

Go for it Rozefall, they need proof.

EDIT: I believe you can do it :)

13. Vanquish

here is my take on it, do whatever the hell you think will help with enchanting because at the very least, it won't hurt your chances

14. nolasigns

The only true method is an 18 pack of beer, a large sum of megaphones, to rage or celebrate and a don't give a **** attitude.

15. Rozefall

Tinfoil hat off.

I am game developer and trust me, such "windows" make absolutely no sense nor they are practiced in games. They are programmable, but they do not benefit either side. If players find out then they will abuse it, it doesn't benefits BDO developers whatsoever, it's not fun ( as in it doesn't draw more players in unlike in Hearthstone for example where every opened pack brings you closer to a legendary), it's not profitable, it's extra implementation effort for no reason whatsoever. MMO's do have hidden mechanics like these. In BDO they are called fail stacks. Imagine not seeing how many you are at or not realizing that they exist at all.

If you provide no data except for anecdotes about your own experience on a subject that already makes little to no sense ( i don't mean the process you describe, that's as straightforward as it gets, i mean the system in itself) then I am sorry but I call bullsht, or better, a coincidence.
    Remember, if you come on forum and come up with a theory that is as doubtful as yours it's up to YOU to provide evidence. Calling people stupid makes you way less credible and also immature as you seem to be unable to back up your theory by any facts.

Reyer, Escapism, Asato and 2 others like this.
  16. Fisty

Fisty Ranger 62 NA

Not trying to get into the forum drama on this post. Just gotta say that the enhancement "window" theory has been around for a minute, and it really doesn't sound THAT crazy. Whether right or wrong, this game is loaded with tinfoil hat, and I keep mine next to my mic. Good times.

17. Arninekay

If anything, your luck could be tied to your character's horoscope sign and it might reflect that in certain situations, for example, a Night Owl might have more success at night, and so on...

Of all tinfoil hat theories, the window is more plausable than, say, standing on the roof and saying a prayer to RNGesus before every enhance.

18. Escapism

In any series of random dice rolls it can and eventually will happen that sometimes you manage to roll multiple 6 in a row. If multiple people take turns in rolling dices, it can and eventually will happen that sometimes all of them will roll a 6 independant of each other.

There are people who understand basic logic and probabilities and fully understand that this is a possibility and in fact even SHOULD happen from time to time, otherwise it would actually be rigged. And then there are people who claim to be experienced programmers and having knowledge about everything in the universe who will say "LUL RIGGED RNG, PREDETERMINED LUCKY WINDOW REEEEEEE".

EvL likes this.
  19. Askore

Askore Sorceress EU

at least it filters out bad players. fine by me, I don't want to play a casual game
    this sounds like a pretty bad method, your skill and gear must be just as bad

20. Kripion

hmm
    4x tri ogre ... check
    4x base ogre ... check
    117 fs >>> 121 fs