1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Thermian Octopus

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by NaramCZ, Jul 1, 2018.

1. NaramCZ

Hello. I have problem with catching thermian octopus. Night friday i catch more than 25 octopus on afk fishing. Wake up repair calpheon fishing rod, and start fishing again. But from Saturday morning i did not catch any octopus :( Try change chanel more than 5x. Try restart game ... nothing help me.

2. Andaro

Ambassador

Sounds like you got a bad luck streak, but that is definitely unusual.

I would advise a Balenos Rod for the event, as the area is exhausted, it will reduce your fishing time considerably. Easy to upgrade too. (Force upgrade)

if you have a large inventory, and are away for longer periods of time, an Epheria rod us also a better choice.

Mediah and Calpheon rods aren't that great imho

3. NaramCZ

Thank you for your reply. But I think if fishing for 3 days and have 0 octopus it's not about luck.. :(

4. GM Felaxus

Game Master

Heya @NaramCZ ! I am sorry to hear you having some poor luck during the event, but dont worry, you will get there eventually! Just make sure you are fishing at the correct location (you cant miss it, there's loaaads of people standing around fishing together ^^) and if you are not getting any fish at all, un-equip your rod and re-equip it again and you should be good to go! :)

Good luck :D

5. Yensei

I'm actually having the same issue.
    I was getting about 60+ Octopus every night while afk fishing but since I think saturday I'm only getting maybe like 25 in the same time. Almost feels like someone changed the drop rate.
    And I got like 10 octopus even when I was active fishing for 2 hours.

Kinda pointless to continue fishing with these drops.

6. NaramCZ

Sorry but i nonstop fishing from saturday morning and have 0 octopus when others players have more 25-50 per night? This is about luck ok?

7. Elza

Elza Sorceress 63 EU

No it's defenitely not okay, the drop rate is too high to get nothing at all. Are you sure that you are actually fishing all night long or do you only fish for a few hours before your rod gets out of durability or your inventory gets full. I have almost the full inventory unlocked and my rod is branded so I can litterly fish 24h long, and usually after like 7 hours of fishing I always get at least 50x of them (usually a lot more).
    Please post a Screenshot of your fishing location and your fishing gear/inventory after the said night fishing time. So we can maybe figure out what's wrong.

8. Zanbarbone

Zanbarbone Musa 58 NA

As mentioned in another thread ... Octopus are considered to be Junk drops and NOT actual fish. They suggest NOT using anything that helps catch RARE fish like any floats or Mediah and Calpheon fishing rod.

9. Cairenn Tairisiu

Cairenn Tairisiu Tairisiu DarkKnight 61 NA

I saw this happen, inside the safe zone, with other fisher's nearby. I moved only about 10 feet (estimated on screen) to my left and began catching them again immediately. A friend used that same spot and caught zero. Moved and began catching them again. There appear to be "dead spots" for Octopuses to be caught inside the safe zone.