1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They actually did something to stop the kidnapping exploit?!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Kema, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

You might find it funny the first time but I wonder how long it would take you to be annoyed if it happened every time you afk fished.

2. RennieBee

All these people going like "awww"... only had it happen to them once or twice, and clearly was in a situation where they didn't have much at stake. Consider how enraging and just plain annoying af it would be to get scooped for someone who:
    -Was in need of money and wanted to fish while they slept and are pretty close to getting enough for whatever they are trying to buy but wake up and see that they can't that day cause somebody scooped them at like 54 rod dura
    -Somebody grinding to the next level, logs and sees they were scooped and killed, and they don't have an elion tear on them cause they were in a safe zone and it shouldn't be necessary, or they DO have one but don't wanna waste their loyalties on buying elion tears just so that people can scoop and pk them without their consent and not lose xp
    -Getting scooped while afk fishing during the money fishing events - do I even need to say more

Something that is so funny to you, is honestly harassment and bullying in repeated cases to others. Those "funny youtube videos" are gross, especially the ones where somebody returns from being AFK and gets upset and tries to fight back and gets killed repeatedly bc they are outnumbered. If that's even remotely amusing to you, congrats you're a bully, and part of the reason why this game will never reach greatness until it acknowledges that there are several players who do not want to participate in the pvp content of this game at all, and implement a system that actually punishes players who pk in zones not intended to be even remotely contested. At all. Like, a safe zone for example.

Anyways, huge pleasant surprise that they are making efforts to prevent scooping. Hopefully this solution proves successful. Thank you devs and please keep up the work!

3. BDOMONSTER

Ok thanks for clearing it up and answering you’re whining for no reason and posting for the sake of posting with no point to be made.

ODB3698 likes this.
  4. cliveklg

No to prevent an exploit to kill sub 50s, they put in a fix.

Not useless, a fixed exploit. You are defending an exploit.

ODB3698 and Arkadia like this.
  5. YouShallnotPassz

not sure why devs listened to the cry babys the 5% of player base.

6. Purr

it wasnt about the crying its about a fix to an exploit... personaly i think its funny af when someone gets kidnapped legitly watched a few vids and ive been killed roughly 2 or 3 times myself including once to a nineshark lmao
    however lately people are using the fact when u relog or character swap and swap back.. the game makes your boat turn to point north.. a feature that was probably added to help idiots like me who get their boat stuck on rocks way too often to unstuck their boats.. except these new breed of afk fishing kidnappers are using this feature in an unintended way to kidnap afk fishers... aka using an exploit and thus we now have this new thing... blame the exploiters who abused a feature intended for good to bring annoyance to others.. not those who get pissed at an expliot being used to get them killed.

and this kids is why we cant have nice things

7. Dalenos

No griefing in bdo nope no griefing at all. Yet PA had to disable something to stop this NO GRIEFING AT ALL >_>

8. DarkBever

nice one[​IMG]

Dalenos and Maginha like this.
  9. Hypotermia

You can still kill sub 50 no matter what method is same. Kill them to mobs. Besides this was only plausible to do stupid players who fished too close to water. Served them right and they learned lesson

10. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

WRONG. Like I've already said half a dozen times, you could be kidnapped at MAX FISHING POLE REACH. I tested this multiple times on NA Med5 where a kidnapping guild would clear out Velia Beach regularly, almost on a schedule.

Maginha likes this.
  11. Maginha

Ye, thats the vel beach - pirate island adventure ferry, and youve been waiting in the arrival zone of it, they were just doing their job... :(

GnatGoSplat likes this.
  12. cliveklg

It was an exploit to kill them using mobs to do the dirty work. It was an exploit, you support exploits.

ODB3698 likes this.
  13. Purr

its not an exploit
    exploit was to use the boats feature to point true north when u relog to cause the boat to go further on shore than intended and therefore kidnap people
    if using mobs to kill someone was an exploit people would get in trouble for stunning u near mobs so u would die to them to take your grind spot

14. cliveklg

It allowed you get kill sub 50s when you were supposed to. It allowed you to grab people ON LAND, by a mechanic that was not supposed to be allowed in game. The fact they changed this shows it was an exploit to PA.

Oh and you can't stun sub 50s near mobs. So that whole argument is complete bs.

15. Mythmaster

People apparently aren't checking that little box. I just watched someone get kidnapped off the pier in Velia. The perp was wearing a stealth suit to conceal their name. So, clearly, he or she believed they were doing something wrong.

If it worked once, I figured they'd try again. Sure enough, the boat came back about 2 minutes later and I was waiting. I fired off a flare to reveal their name and just seconds later, they disappeared.

So, call it an exploit, call it whatever you want. The person doing it made an effort to hide their identity and fled when exposed.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  16. Vanadiel

I would love it if you could put public bounties on kidnappers, and a class called bounty hunter is introduced to the game.
    It would make for some fun PVP because bounty hunters can always engage and kill their target, regardless of player level.

No more hiding behind level 49.999.

17. Factorial

This genuinely made me laugh. The genius here is summarizing pearl abyss succinctly in less than 140 characters.

18. Jena

If they can totally be tagged as kidnappers then good, otherwise bountys would be put on others out of spite. 49.999 would mean nothing even if your just gathering.