1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They honestly need to do something about DR and evasion.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LiquidEmotion, Mar 9, 2020.

1. LiquidEmotion

I don't make video games and there are a lot of gears turning in BDO with different classes and skills that provide a lot of unique variants so it's hard for me to have a perfect answer but I can at least confidently say that evasion needs to be toned down. DR can even use a slight buff considering how much of a sink it can be with very minor results compared to what evasion can do. Especially with classes that benefit the most from it. Accuracy is even a tough sell as it doesn't do you much good early on to stack it since you are better off with AP for a majority of your gameplay IMO. People have been complaining about this for a LONG time yet PA just ignores it and even makes Evasion more powerful with nerfing 100% skills. That didn't seem like the correct route with evasion as is.

Have you guys thought about a solution to this?

AZzalor likes this.
  2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

evasion by itself is fine, but certain classes have too op %evasion buffs and passives with decent/+easy access uptimes.

3. LiquidEmotion

I did consider that as well. Select classes benefit A LOT from evasion so maybe toning their skills/passives will be necessary however most top players that have extensive knowledge know that Evasion benefits them more still. Even Choice, who plays a DR class, is primarily focusing on evasion because of how much better it is.

4. WhySoSeeryus

maybe that just proves that it is best to have somewhat decent gearing plan to combine both defensive stats optimally. fact is, if you focus purely on DR and neglect evasion totally, you are "wasting" a ton of stats from your armors and caphras levels.

AZzalor likes this.
  5. LiquidEmotion

That's the thing though. The example I brought up is a super geared player going for high evasion gear with a DR class so this is only suitable to a high geared player. We are talking full pen level 10+ caphras. So what about DR classes at a lower GS? They simply can't ditch DR early on. Evasion just doesn't scale that well until they get high enough evasion gear that has DR but most people in NA won't reach that anytime soon. Its not balanced at all but this is BDO. There's a lot of that.

#5 LiquidEmotion, Mar 9, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    choovanski and ODB3698 like this.
  6. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Well, to be honest, balance can only be adjusted at max level..So, If something doesent scale well, its just a byproduct of making sure it isnt over powered at max level. Take any game that has brackets..the term twink comes for a reason...In this game people twink T1 node wars..In wow level 39 chars, etc...it all evens out at max level though.

Not having PEN gear caphras +20 gear is the only problem, and the complaint should be the ability to obtain it in a reasonable time period.
    If anyone feels that the game would get boring after achieving max gear..well then, that really is just a personal problem. Or an Issue that PA needs to address separately.

#6 Kynreaa, Mar 9, 2020
    ODB3698, AZzalor and LiquidEmotion like this.
  7. LiquidEmotion

It's tricky but there is also this to think about. Evasion simply out scales accuracy, but AP keeps up with DR. The problem is that you can only pick one most of the time and AP tends to be the best choice if you plan on grinding to make silver or doing anything for that matter. They could nerf evasion classes but then they would be screwed at early levels and I don't want that. So something has to give. Maybe make DR more valuable early on or to buff accuracy. Nothing excessive either it wouldn't hurt to test this out on the global lab but PA refuses to even entertain this. Instead, they've only made evasion more valuable.

8. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

@LiquidEmotion before coming with claim like this, could you back it up with examples please? because evasion might seem to be strong when you fight certain people but lets look at the price of a certain build. my defensive setup costst about a 100 bil, and someone that spends half that on his offensive setup can onecombo me just fine.
    I have over 360 dp with evasion and a ninja with 243 ap with accuracy offhand can onecombo me just fine and that is with tet weapons while I'm full pen armors. I think people should stop complaining about the efficiency of evasion builds while going full ap monkey because evasion is countering just that. just build more accuracy and you will be fine (except you will now be complaining about dr builds but you cant have everything right?)

you say evasion outscales accuracy but that is at the point where you go full eva including offhand and accesories. at that point you wont deal any damage so that is a meme build anyways.

9. Aurasormr

Tho the lvl 19,29,39 pvp twinks are for pure entertainment and require alot of ivestment especially 29 and 39. I dont think you can compare t1 node twinks to that.

10. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

269 AP requires far more investment then anything in WOW from what I remember...With wow all you need is a sub..
    With this game...ROFL, its going on 3 years, and FTP veterans, or even those who refuse to gamble still dont even have close to that..

Dexo 2 likes this.
  11. LiquidEmotion

I never wanted to imply that I expect to easily kill people who put billions into their armor. The tankyness is deserved there. However, what you just told me makes ninjas look OP. I watched a 302ap pen RCE Archer player kill a 400+ dp 700 evasion wizard but it took a full combo. Now hearing how a 243ap Ninja can do that to a striker (who scales well with evasion) with just some RCE's is....hard to believe. I am sorry. I hope what you said isn't true because that would just mean as long as players invest into pen RCE's, that can make 100billion worth of armor...well...worthless.

Also, most people don't want to invest into Pen RCE's early on and they shouldn't. That money is far more valuable early on to get AP so you can actually grind.

12. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Not Just RCE's..but the Saiyer offhand, or what ever the ninja equivalent is kinda destroys any evasion build depending on class.

13. LiquidEmotion

ahhhh. Welp, again. That seems like a weird build. If you expect people to get PEN saiyer and RCE's just to fight evasion builds then that sounds so impractical for most people to spend silver on that. It's just another investment that most people aren't going to do until they feel like they are at a comfortable point in their gear. I guess evasion just capitalizes on this factor. Having said that, Maybe I should just make accuracy gear once I feel like its too hard to build further AP.

14. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Heh, a Pen seiyer is 900 million silver..pretty cheap In my opinion..just swap into it when you run across an evasion build. Dont even think you need the earrings at that point.

15. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

The ninja didn't have rce's, just the offhand. And if a 1000m accuracy offhand (quitar) is enough to counter a 100bil defensive setup, don't just nerf that defensice setup. The ninja I'm talking about is a friend of mine and we where testing things, so I can guarantee he wasn't lying about his gear. yes ninja scales pretty good with acc, and indeed is OP. Archer is also OP but is one of the worst classes when going up against evasion in my experience.

LiquidEmotion likes this.
  16. LiquidEmotion

true. I just checked earlier myself. I am at that point where I have no choice but to pen more gear so maybe I should invest into one when I have extra silver.

17. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

Not a fan of evasion myself. It should be gone for an action based game. This game looks bad enough as it is with its nebulous hit boxes and desync. Put evasion on top and it just looks utterly ridiculous in combat. And after stripping most FG/SA, borderline unplayable without face tanking via far superior gear. Most basic thing about video games is what you see should be what you get. BDO is the first that I've seen that doesn't seem to subscribe to this philosophy.

18. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

To this day for some reason..People dont want to see dmg numbers, or hit/miss prompts.
    I dunno where this audience stems from..But it still confuses me. Its like they think cause THEY cant see it, no one knows whats going on.

What ends up happening is only a small % of the base remains ignorant of the so called" mysteries of combat" and end up getting frustrated when they cant compete with everyone else that knows about the various mechanics PA fails to competently hide. Lingering SA, fg, and invulns, FPS issues, click to move mechanics, etc.

Skip to 1:00

Skip to 0:30

Skip to 1:20

Notice the common denominator...Tetris graphics.

#18 Kynreaa, Mar 9, 2020
  19. WhySoSeeryus

i dont know how people expect them to balance **** while there is fps influencing game so much and while mouse movement is allowed for anything beside literal click to MOVE in walking stance.

20. Aurasormr

Well depens - classics 39 bracket is really expensive - retail i dunno, but some low lvl BiS stuff has a 1% ans below drop. And therefore pricey.

Took me 4 month of tryharding to reach 276ap.. so.. i dunno