1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They need to penalize people ships more that want to be Red

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Amieelee, Nov 25, 2020.

1. FairlyEnjoyable

FairlyEnjoyable Lahn 62 NA

I'm not saying it's insane, just saying it's not as glitzy as being totally free like that one fella said. Pretty much everything in this game can be pushed faster, if not better, with p2w.

How can killing someone be an accident? I'm not trying to start a fight, just genuinely curious on your take. I feel that could be used as a griefing mechanism. Although, I do agree that it's a little harsh in regards to basically locking some people out of sea content entirely if you do kill another boat.

2. FairlyEnjoyable

Initial costs are always important, especially when you're starting up a business. I agree that sea content is for more financially-established players, even if it's just 200M; that's a lot to some. The point here is that said player who is paying to get their boat will progress more quickly than the other who isn't. Sea PvP isn't just for Carracks either, granted, it's not very optimal, but it's sea PvP nonetheless.

3. Issiana

Issiana Tamer 61 NA

It's not about killing someone.

The issue with the current system is if anyone lvl 50+ hits a boat (rafts included) while flagged up in ANY PVP activity they will gain -50,000 naval karma. If they are land based with no boat, then thats them ended for the ocean as you cant get naval karma back in a group, you have to be the one doing the killing blow to get the karma back. This also locks them out of some land based content as they can't talk to wharf managers.

Because of this, it is VERY easy to grief people into going neg naval karma. Neg naval Karma isnt an issue for the "pirates" to get back like this system was introduced to stop. But it completely destroys the game for land characters who happen to hit a boat (yes can be done while pvp'ing crew ON a boat) - we all need to stop and actually think about the actual issues here rather than point fingers at people blaming them for results from poorly thought out coding.

I'll add a disclaimer to this statement that I don't PVP. I own caravel, galleass, carrack, and more fishing boats/ cogs than i care to number. I sail a lot for dailies, bartering, fishing and I afk fish outside of safezones all the time. I have been adducted fishing twice (both times i laughed my head off) and sunk a few times. All in all, I am the perfect case of someone who could benefit from the new naval karma system with my activities, yet I deplore the new system.

The system was nice idea, but yet another poorly implemented PA coded system that needs a total rework to be fair to all. Perhaps the simplest fix is just to remove the 1st karma loss from the actual hit and leave it as sunk only karma loss.

Naho likes this.
  4. FairlyEnjoyable

Oh, gotcha. I thought the post I replied to was only speaking of ship v ship combat.

5. thdsm

This isn't anything that resembles starting a business though, so why do you even bring it up? Just try to analyze the situation for yourself instead of mindlessly repeating stuff from your school books or youtube videos.

If 200M (it's a bit more actually, but whatever) is a lot to some, they aren't ready. If it's always a lot, then they're never ready. It's very simple really, if you aren't new and grinding up a few hundred mil is still a burden, you'll never come close to overcome the grind needed for the ship and gear. Swiping for a frigate won't make any difference, you'll just get stuck with your galleass and abandon it.
    So, long story short: yes you can swipe to cut a couple of days off a six month grind. Does that make enough difference to call it p2w? :D

6. Claydough

well first of all, there’s no comparison to pressing t while bartering and earning the easiest money in the game vs the billions and billions of gear and physical effort of grinding golems and the 170bil worth of gear and 300 hours of garbage gathering to get 2k mastery to even start, then you have to actually actively gather to start bringing in the money

bartering isnt the best money in the game, but it sure is the easiest money the games ever given with next to no investments (even processing takes more setup and investment to do)

and i wasnt even asking for a nerf, i was saying ships should be encouraged to fight barters so they could actually earn their silver from barters, instead of complaining all the damn time that somone sunk them while they were afk sailing (cause they’re always afk)

7. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

Well to be fair, active bartering takes maybe less buttons but more brain then gathering. Then no matter how hard you try, you will never make more then 200m/h with bartering, and you can already easily make that with a 30b gathering setup, that is (atleast in my eyes) easier to aquire then a geared carrack and a high barter count. And then gathering/grinding already has less risk then bartering currently has (losing all barter items on death and still plenty of griefers that make afk bartering less then ideal) while killing a gatherer does nothing. If you want risk so versus reward so badly, then how about pvp death destroying 50% of your trashloot for grinders and 50% of your meat/wood/capra's/roughstones or whatever the hell else you are gathering?

8. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

[​IMG]

WELL Fing PLAYED!

MoonDance17 likes this.
  9. Gooyoung

Boat bugged out at vell, stuck on other carracks cabin, start doing anything desperately to avoid vells enrage including flagging

Riding boat with a friend, testing if normal atk can dismount ship but forgot to switch arsha

Flagged on land, forgot to turn off, rode a ship, shot a seamonster beside an ignored raft

Overweight ship, stuck near an island because of a boat left behind

Khan being griefed, lahn flew over trying to atk the captain

Red player on land escaped to river, got boat parked and mounted it. Normal player chased down the heidel river and hit the boat

Theres many many reason to be red that doesnt include destroyig a boat and many ppl actually seem to believe negative naval karma is absolute equivalent to sinking and griefing other player

10. AngryBvr

AngryBvr Mujava Maehwa 62 EU

My honest opinion..ive been bartering since day 1, got killed by randoms, lost hours of moneymaking stuff due to deaths. Want to be pirate but its already too punishing or "not fair" or not appealing/fun enough. Karma system is broken and stupid (too much work to get back karma)

Bartering money is too good. But doent need direct nerfs.

A) add defensive gear for the ships that can withstand the damage of most ships so you cant get killed/sank by randoms who has put zero effort to boats.

This shouldnt be too easy to obtain and should silver (consider how much worth is the items you're transporting and making)

Defensive gear can be "nerf" to barters (reduced speeds or carryweights) but also as protection for following...

B) Add offensive gear to Frigates and battleships.
    More fragile but also damaging gear. (Fragile boats makes traders able or gives option to shoot back)
    Damage scaled so it can sink "barters" with defensive gear with equallt leveled gear. As new galleass/carrack rider you shouldnt be able to sink geared trader/barterer.
    Repair costs should be higher for enhanced gear

C) remove or nerf (to near non existant) bartering options from "battleships".
    Should be a choice if want to "pirate" or "trade", not both efficiently.

D) remove or fix naval karma
    I dont see real problem with this or need if traders had way to avoid get sank by randoms (see point A).
    -minus karma should be calculated regardless depending on actual damage done to the ship (lost items, repair costs)

"Sank on my way to Vell" can be fixed if seas had free pvp and allow "shoot back" without punishment or no pvp at all after the roar comes 30min before spawn.

E) As reward for sinking barters, you should be able to loot some of the bartering items on board.. but limited inv slots (trader should have more slots than battleship)

F) When you sink you shouldnt be punished by risk for sick sailors. Just unnecessary cost.

G) Give users option to "insure items" to get some of spent money back when you drop items due to sank ship. Small fee. Probably not worth (is any insurance actuallt worth?)

Additionally you should get rewards for going "pirate". Some loot from barters (dropped items + reduced repair costs, point E) and raw silver from battleships (point B with increased repair costs +E some items in cargohold)

These are just few of my opinions of entire bartering/pirating issues

I wish there were more dynamics in sea content and think this should add some to it.

Tldr tldr yadayada

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  11. Kymaera

I'm fine with how Bartering is, just wish Trading was as profitable and not dead content. The Naval punishment's severe, not being able to interact with ANY wharf manager besides the Kuit Island one sucks... especially when u get quests to talk to them... need to repair...etc.

Much like afking on a horse, you can afk as you travel/barter on ur ship, but expect to be 'dismounted' or 'sunk' by other players. Yes people have things to do irl, but if you can't watch your screen for attacks, don't run a 700 mill trip. Where was all the worry when people were killing horses and elephants when Trading was good? Exactly, and there are npc Bandits that attack u if you carry trade items... we should have npc pirate ships that do the same along bartering routes....

12. Claydough

that’d be pretty cool actually, reminds me of the old pirate days where a pvp death cost a good chunk in silver cause your pirate coins all broke on death

13. Vanraven

Ships take RNG dmg to invisible cox pirates and storms etc. But you probably forgot about that.

14. Kymaera

When's the last time a storm hit u while bartering? Most barter routes don't have that issue... cox pirates, I've never had any hitting me and endangering me while bartering. Barter routes they shoot u from shore? that? that's a non issue.

15. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

You have obviously never noticed the messages that pop out from the left of screen announcing their sea events. Like sailor hoisting up a seaweed or sailing skill book, or the one about the long voyage causing you sailor to lose health, or the large seas has damaged your boat, or the seagulls have gobbled your rations and last but not least that you have been attacked by the cox pirates even though there are none anywhere in sight.

16. Kymaera

Proving my point? Thanks.

17. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

How?

18. Vanraven

You fail to see the point......

Let me try to make it very simple.

You said bandits attack wagons that have trade items. This is true. But what you failed to mention is that those bandits aren't meant to actually destroy the wagon. This never happens! Instead its apparently meant to just cause damage to the wagon to make sure the user repairs it, in other words its just a money sink.

You said that bartering could use the same thing, but failed to realize it already has those things. They just aren't random npcs showing up to attack your ship. Instead you have a lot of invisible rng that can damage your ship or take away rations. In other words ships have the same money sink as trading wagons do. Neither is meant to destroy the mount, just make the play spend money to repair them.

In fact the invisible rng ship damage can add up TO a lot. Quite a few times I ended up at half health going from illya to havokan island and back just by the invisible rng that happens: random cox pirates attacking your ship, i think another is like strong waves crashes against your ship and damages it, sea gulls eating your rations etc etc.

19. Vanraven

It could be that he never bartered if he didn't see all the random rng that can happen to a ship.

20. Issiana

Issiana Tamer 61 NA

You forgot the "colossal whale" rng event that can take up to half of your ships health away and actually cause you to sink loosing everything if your bartering below 50% of ships health at the time it occurs.