1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things wrong with Black Desert Online

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by BaekJa, Aug 21, 2018.

1. AZzalor

AZzalor Hyneria Maehwa EU

Nope. Many people are holding back on their items because they are not worth the money they can sell them at...why do you think bossgear gets preordered 3x or more the market price? right, because 95m is definitly not what they are worth...I'm currently sitting on 4 kzarka, 2 dande, 1 nouver and 3 kutum boxes and i'm not gonna sell them until i get actual value out of them.
    I'm also sitting on over 600 hards and around 450 sharps...no way i'm ever gonna need that many within the next few months as i'm not gonna go for pen...but i'm not gonna sell them because it doesn't give me the money they are worth...
    While items would definitly be more expensive (and some waaaaay cheaper), most of them would actually get listed more as people would be more willing to actually get them and sell them.

If i could sell my bossgear boxes at 300m or more, i would definitly sell them.

Amarum and Fearless V like this.
  2. Schinrah

I think you gravely misunderstood what "catching up" means, like you're not even in the same ballpark with what you think it means.

Somehow reaching 450-500GS with some budget green items and some blue tri weapons means nothing. The difference between some 500 guy and someone with softcap is ridiculous. And there are more and more people that are well past that softcap.

And please don't tell me you can reach softcap cheap and easy and quick, unless round about a year with a significant investment in real cash and time is quick n easy for you.

With the market the way it is rn, a fresh player is even more at a disadvantage than ever before. Renown score and dumbing down the combat system has made sure that the gear difference you can bridge with personal skill is pretty small, and someone with 10 AP more than you, esp when we're looking at renown bonus's past softcap is in a completely different realm, unlike before the RNS was introduced.

At the very least they need to stop creating silver only money making methods that provide 0 goods to the market and just keep inflating prices for even the most basic of items. Sea hunting being a prime issue here because it only generates money but nothing to contribute to the economy in form of goods. Thus new players have no chance to get their hands on anything outside of lucky bids and everyone is hoping for those.

There is also the glaring issue with accessories. On the one hand you have stuff like Ogre rings, Leytenns, Basilisks, Tungrad Earrings etc etc that either don't drop at all because theres like 10 mobs per channel that can drop em, or they drop in places only a small minority can efficiently farm. On the other hand you have supposed budget accs like witch earrings for example that drop from some lvl 50 area that has barely enough mobs for one good rotation for a single player with more than 180AP. Almost all endgame accessories are mostly only coming to the market once a month through free reward boxes, because it is basically impossible to farm them at a rate where they would be available on the market as anything but pre-order and lucky bid items.

Thelemna likes this.
  3. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

If there is going to be a strike or a protest, make sure they do it right this time. You don't protest a game by playing it, even if you are just AFK in a big group. That accomplishes nothing, because you are in the game where they want you to be. A proper protest would be to get as many people to boycott the game for an entire day or longer.

4. Reigne Irkalla

Lemme put this as simply as possible for you:

There are various, legit ways to make oodles of money in game within a month.

You wanna buy things without having to sail? The methods are there.

I regularly accept newbies to my guild whom we then mentor to over 500GS.

As for the issues of item availability, that is caused by our version being the exact same as KR, minus the P2W elements that makes the KR version of the game balanced.

If you truly wish to have a healthy game, instead of calling for nerfs you would be calling for buffs to make the supply on OUR Marketplace on par with KR's Marketplace.

Or you can continue to be a mere sheeperson incapable of critical thought who engages in "outrage culture", which is the exact reason why Pearl Abyss STATED they shy away from implementing suggestions made by the community at large.

The ball is in your court. Evolve, or complain. Your choice.

seanas and Smileybones like this.
  5. Underdog

This is the problem I find, newbies need to lean on vets to get a chance at a decent gear rate.

Basically... handholding.

I mean great you are willing to help, total props to you and your guild (honestly). It is a carebear mode that is needed to help them tho. Otherwise there is no chance.

Just need to look here, the only comments are from people saying they helped their friend etc. No-one comes and says "I did it all by myself".

#25 Underdog, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  6. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

@2Cents summed up in a single sentence.

seanas likes this.
  7. Feyti

500GS with normal gear... sure go ahead show me.
    With full tri ulti green and full tri blue acc you reach 450GS not 500. So what is it ? you need full TET blue and green to get 500GS ? And you say it's "accessible" ?

Jannanomana likes this.
  8. Escapism

The problem with this is that 506 GS is utter complete garbage now. 1 year ago this would have been really decent even for top guilds. 2 years ago you would have ruled the entire server with that. Now its barely enough to keep up with decent grinding speed compared to veterans at some spots, and just completely forget about pvp with that.

One important thing: its not just new players who have it easier to earn silver and get better gear, this is the same for ALL players, except the veterans who already have high cp/energy/gs dont have to invest any time into those things first before starting to get these ever increasing silver incomes. Catching up mechanics would be mechanics that ONLY benefit new players, like the olvia server, but those are meaningless since xp is the least of anyones concern.

Silver being more easily obtainable and more ways to get decent gear or to enhance gear doesnt mean its easier for new players, when the average gs and the minimum requirements to start getting competitive or being able to pvp have increased exponentially as well.

In comparison to tet/pen gear and the horrendous renown system, think back 2.5-3 years ago, when +15 was max and most people were running around and pvp'ing with green gear. Black stones were actually a lot harder to come by and people didnt have thousands of them stocked up collecting dust in storages, but any new player could reasonably get atleast full green +13/14 gear within a few weeks, which was already enough to compete with the best geared players.

9. Prochilles

Are you sure you actually play BDO? Up until the sea monster craze new players for sure had it way easier than when the game first came out. And sharps and hards never sat on the market, back in 2016 they were double the price AND still were always sold out.

The free market was literally the only option devs had to battle the sea monster disaster, and yep absolutely a lot of prices are going to go sky high and what else, the silver able to be made by new players farming, grinding, etc literally putting the game back to what it should be, rather than forcing every player to do one single trash content (ie Sea monsters) to stay relevant within the game. This will do so much to bandaid the damage made, which basically gave out free tet and pen gear to undeserving players.

10. AZzalor

AZzalor Hyneria Maehwa EU

i'm not saying that 506gs is a lot, but within a month it gives players a good basis to work from and you will be accepted in most nodewar guilds if you are halfway decent at pvp. yes you won't be able to compete with siege guilds and players with softcap or above, but with that gear you can grind in all spots except the high end spots and get 20-30m/h to have faster growth.

Within 3-4 more months you can get softcap if you are dedicated and don't give up, even if you fail, even if you get killed often.
    Most player just give up after they hit the slightest roadbumb and then go to the forums and cry about the game being too difficult.

11. Reigne Irkalla

It is, when people are more than barely qualified to breathe on their own.

12. LightningFFXIII-4

Things wrong in BDO:

1.) Kakao (the Dev's in charge of NA BDO, especially the ones running these forums).
    2.) Payouts
    3.) Cashshop
    4.) Game looks like a obvious scam/cashgrab the more you play it.
    5.) AFK activities

13. Feyti

So getting TET is something defined as accessible in your book.
    Well, for new players. It is not. So get down of your high horse would you. Not everyone is as lucky as you seem to be or as enlighten.

14. iloveKuchen

Arent you going to be oneshot by a 250ap player too? At least if they picked stroker^^

KhalidIbnWaalid likes this.
  15. Wikked0423

Sounds like someone who's been playing since release as a pocketbook warrior and doesnt remember what it was like before your $5,000 worth of boosts, costumes, weights, pets and other ptw features that carried you to the top of your high horse.

Josh28 and RageAgainst like this.
  16. KhalidIbnWaalid

Strokers are special D:<D:<

17. NichtohneKaffee

The game loses players daily, let's see how much after the new patch go

18. Reigne Irkalla

Sounds like an outraged sheeperson doing exactly what outraged sheeple do. :)

19. Wikked0423

i guess... if they call out the stupid people flaming on other peoples legitimate gripes because theyve paid to sidestep them, then yeah sure. But every post on this thread you sound like a bigger douche than before

20. Schinrah

Where am I calling for nerfs? I'm literally asking for exactly what you said I don't. I said they need to stop creating methods that only create silver but no products for the market. That more than obviously implies they should instead award items that are useful and end up in MP. For example I have no issue with Sea Hunting being profitable, I only see an issue in the fact it doesn't provide anything useful. If instead of 100mil pure cash item's you'd get an accessory drop like an ogre ring or sth. similiar that would be great and help the economy longterm.

They should also consider to increase the max price of basic grinding rewards like Relic Shards, Forbidden Books, Scrolls. Because that would make regular grinding more viable again.

And please don't BS us with "we invite new guys and get em to 500+ gs in a month or two". Because unless these people grind all day and spend alot of real cash there is no way thats going to happen. Worker empires, processing, trading all that isn't sth. you set up over night it takes along time since you need to lvl your workers and lifeskills, you need to get energy you need to get contribution points. All that is not sth. you do in a month.
    And most profitable and gearwise beginner friendly grinding spots are contested by people that will tear anyone who's "fresh" to game a new one. So yeah i don't doubt you can get people to 450-480 realtively quick since for that range there are enough "free" items available and if you coach em they can save alot of time sure. But once you hit 500 anything above will take alot of time invested, unless you rng luck your way through several TET oneclicks. And that still ignores the fact that you also need to get your accs upgraded which isnt easy when there are none to buy.

And just in case, inflating your GS artificially by using certain DP items isn't going to make you viable in PvP.