1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things wrong with Black Desert Online

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by BaekJa, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Leionhearth

1 month 506gs? only if the RNG god has a D**k up your a** or you invest 500€ or more. It took me 7 months to get to f***ing 504 GS ! While i spend 2 of them in one of the strongest german guilds on EU! and at 504 you still get 1 shot at gahaz, for example....

RageAgainst likes this.
  2. AZzalor

AZzalor Hyneria Maehwa EU

nah, he was not really carried. Not unlucky, but not carried.
    Don't forget, that gear is NORMAL gear, not bossgear. Getting those is damn easy and cheap.

3. Josh28

Yikes! You don't consider the perspective of others much, huh? I may be a maggot that lives in the butt of a mosquito with -79 IQ and have no right to criticize a genius like you, but you seem rather...egocentric looking at your posts...

Well, you might be right about the things you said to be possible but...you expect new players which don't know what there is to know, to do a LOT in BDO of all games that don't take you by the hand...? 'Learning curve' was a thing for normal folks last time I checked.
    ---
    However, the game is indeed easier for new players(before SM meta) than it was before considering I brought a few friends over and they progressed much faster than me a year ago... Just not enough to be on par with veterans thanks to renown and other bs mechanics that PA fked up. Although I think the game right now punishes the unlucky, and new players way more than before too. No wonder cheaters are increasing in number...but one can argue it's because Trump is president. Oh, and the marketplace lacking items was always an issue to the point where kakao has to 'inject' items with events...even they know it's a problem so I dunno how some people say otherwise. Especially now...

RageAgainst likes this.
  4. Feyti

Still waiting for the bdo planner link showing this 504GS with normal gear.
    Would like to see how many TET you need to have like you consider it so easy.to make. Please educate me.

5. Blackhearted

Feyti likes this.
  6. Arreyanne

Arreyanne Lahn 59 NA

So basically as I understand what you're saying you would like items to sell for three fold their current price on the MP?

Lets go a step further here because if they increase boss gear three fold should not everything get the same increase? That's fair right?

So someone gets to 56.

Lets take a look at a minimal setup at 56 with the price increase on items that you desire

Tri Heve, which at present is the lowest costing Tri armor at around 83-85 million a piece. if we increase that three fold the price increases to 124 million per piece time 4 equals 496 million

Pri rosar main at present cost around 34 million times 3 equals 102 million

Pri offhand at present is also around 34 million so thats another 102 million

Pri awakening the green one runs around 34 million, an Ultimate pri atm sells for 102, so green pricing would per 102 and the ultimate 306 million each

So at current pricing that just the armor and weapons cost somewhere around 434 million.

If your price increase would be implemented the price would to 802 million.

So as i understand your thought you are willingly to price people out of joining the game.

Unless you belong to guild that give payouts of over 1 million lots of luck just buying basic gear with a three fold price increase.

7. AZzalor

No, you understand me wrong. I say that high demand items are not being sold because the fixed prices don't reflect the actual value of those items.
    I think we should have an open market, where everyone can sell at whatever price they want and you can place buyorders, so if you sell something you could also sell it directly to a buy order.
    Generally, i really like how the market in EvE Online works and i think we should get the same.

8. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Ranger 61 NA

Nothing can compete with Eve Online market. Eve have professors working on it's market. No other MMO dev or pub is interested in hiring such talent for their games.

Kynreaa likes this.
  9. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

A few things are harder for new players but overall... Without question the game is at an ALL TIME EZ-EST.

I had to dump massive ****ing hours to obtain what now can take a fraction of that time. Too ****ing bad if you cant get soft cap'd in 3 months, it sure took me longer.

Also dont see the need for fresh blood honestly. While servers are better than before, we still arent that far off from them shitting the bed when overloaded.

10. AZzalor

You are not wrong, but it's something we would need.

11. Asterotis

Here you go, this was done with a little accessory RNG luck, and just buying TETs. 504 pretty easy.

504.png

12. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

WTF..you can just buy em in the MP...people FS with Tri normal BS all the time.
    To get from 40-70 Id buy like 5 tri Normal BS, if one popped Id post it, or FS on it again.

The Boss gear is the problem.

13. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Yea 1, month..post 5 costumes a week, then buy all the tet green gear.

14. LightningFFXIII-4

or just buy payouts, 300bucks for 7billion.

15. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Remember, It has to be in Pearls in order for Kakeo to back you up if you get scammed.

16. 2Cents

It's sad to see every aspect of that.
    • The fact they had to remove trading from the game to hinder RMT.
    • The fact the player base can't be trusted not to abuse it on a mass scale (not just a few)
    • The fact they implemented a system that makes it easy to RMT after doing so much to prevent it

17. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

You're actually wrong on that. You'd be able to make pretty steady money til you have enough money to buy the item you want. Unlike now where you can farm and farm and farm and the market gives you almost nothing if you sell the stuff you don't immediately need.

This creates a chain mentality where no one wants to sell.

In turn, everyone thinks stuff that isn't rare (hards, sharps, memes etc) are rare when in fact, many players have stocks saved up. This idea that it is rare causes potential sellers to freak out and think: "if I sell this now for money I will have trouble getting it back from market later"

BAM! Here we are in the inflated low supply economy we are in now for the last 1.5 year++ where nothing you need is sold and everyone either preorders for an inflated worth due to the lack of supply or roll a die to get items for ridiculously low prices for their worth.

Also, it's fairer to lock poorer players out from buying actually rare things. They didn't pour in the time to farm or the time to build the infrastructure required to farm the amount of silver an item is actually worth. Yes, I am saying new players do not deserve even a chance to get a boss gear in 1 week of playing while a veteran might have been bosshunting and bidding and rolling night vendor for many more weeks only to be screwed by RNG.

INB4 "BUT NEW PLAYERS WANT TO BE COMPETITIVE INSTANTLY!" - This is the wrong game genre for such people.

Catastigma likes this.
  18. Feyti

We said with normal gear. You can remove the boss weapons.
    Also, I know we said the point was to reach 504 GS (apparently) but maybe we should have said useful gear as well...
    And getting 3 TRI acc is not "a little bit of luck"

19. Aphoticai

I am about to let this game go from paying anymore and just afk for a while. To me it is the lack of scaled PvP. Sure, all the other items matter too, but I just don't understand why there are no scaled PvP areas.

Node war tiers, levels is a good example, why allow a GS scores above a certain point in node one?

Why can someone hunt lower GS scores in an open area appropriate to that "preys" GS?

Why are not cities surrounding areas not GS scaled zones for inptoptu conflicts?

Let the big boys play with the big boys.

I can see certain actions lifting scaled PvP, perhaps siege, or consent, or going outside your GS area, but not having a venue for the GS ranged, peeps to experience PvP is BDO's greatest mistake.

That's my take, back to fishing for another year.

P.s. imagine the grind to gear, and a scaled GS conflict oriented map to grind through. What we have now is just dumb.

#59 Aphoticai, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    DarkRogue and Fearless V like this.
  20. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Ranger 61 NA

I said this before. Problem with the game is there is no place for gearing players to play, without harassment from higher geared players. This game is just one big griefing zone for the vets. Newplayers have no place in this game atm.

Eve Online has a playerbase after 15 years. Because Eve welcomes new players and don't feed them to vets. There are places for both newplayers and vets. This is not the case in BDO. Karma system in BDO half the time don't prevent overgeared players griefing undergeared players. Hopefully PA learn somethings from Eve. But we know that won't be the case. Eve will be eastern-wised.

DarkRogue, Arreyanne and Josh28 like this.