1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about maining Sorc, got some questions

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Flowerpot, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Flowerpot

E: Been leveling a Sorc up to 30 now and I don't really like the pre-awakening, so I'm gonna stay with my Wiz. Thanks for the answers you guys.

So, like the title says, I am thinking about maining a Sorc. I tried her as a trial character and really like the awakening skills. I've always loved the scythe as a weapon, and really hoped Ninja would get something like it, but Sorc beat him to it.

So here are my questions:

- How good does she do for grinding and how reliant is she on her pre-awakening skills?

Right now I main a Wiz. I like that he hits hard in PvE, doesn't need potions and mainly uses his awakening weapon without having to switch that often. How does she compare to that? Is it possible to stay in awakening for most of the time?

- How difficult is she really to play?

You often hear that she is one of the more difficult classes to play/learn. She has a ressource system so she already requires more attention than other classes. But is she really that hard? I mean, for someone who's not stupid it shouldn't be impossible to get around that system, haha.

- How well does she scale with AP?

Like I already mentioned, I main Wiz right now. He hits hard so he does very well even with lower AP. Right now I'm around 190 AP for both, main hand and awakening. Would I feel a big difference in grinding? Mainly at Polly's Forest right now.

Looking forward to your guys responses. :)

#1 Flowerpot, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Stillwaters likes this.
  2. Bnna

sorc is one of the c swap heaviest classes in the game. you pretty much switch all the ****ing time. pvp will rely more on preawa damage while in pve awa will be more important but you will need both in all kinds on scenarios.

edit: oh and also - she is a good high end grinder but more of an average until you get to locations where skill rotations and actual damage output matters.

i played most classes and sorc is the most ****ed up until now. prepare to invest alot of time into getting the mechanical transitions, timings, cooldown and ressource management right. you are useless trash until then. and it's pretty ****ing hard to get around the system. other then on most classes there are no shortcuts on sorc.

you will suck **** until 269 on both preawa and awa.

you can pm me on eu (same family name) if you want details. do not swap to sorc unless you know what you are getting into.

#2 Bnna, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Valhalix and Flowerpot like this.
  3. Flowerpot

Thanks for the answer. I'm leveling one right now to get a feeling for it. I hope you don't misunderstood, with getting around it I meant to get to know it and learn it. Just clearing that up in case we misunderstood each other.

4. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee Sorceress 61 NA

I mained sorc for a while, for pve and PVP she is very strong, but yes prepare to spend alot of time learning animation cancles.

5. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Good idea to roll a sorc! as fast as every "pro skilled player" reroll to sorc PA finally fix that broken class back to reality.

6. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee Sorceress 61 NA

What makes sorc broken is uncapping fps. If you are locked at 60 even 90fps sorc would loss alot of their power.

7. Bnna

and then people will reroll lahns ninjas and mystics - classes that will actually destroy yours 20-0 even after you learn to play. im not sure thats a good deal for a dk to be honest.

8. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha 100% knockdown btw.
    Can't wait to see that.

9. Alextrazsa

Alextrazsa Sorceress EU

Stay with your wiz and enjoy life.