1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This game is getting heavy...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Cat Box, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Cat Box

Why do i spend 100s of hours of my own time just to get a chance at a small boost of "progress"?

Why do i want this "progress" when all it does is let me 1 shot people in the "pvp" we call node wars.

Why do i go to node wars when its always just a laggy zerg of PA cycles and ulti spams.

at what point am i having fun here? I seem to have lost sight of it.
    Maybe its the top tier waifus that keep me here....

new mmo pls this game is dildos, unhealthy and downright cruel LOL Edit:

#1 Cat Box, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    mad, Oaklay, Karai and 8 others like this.
  2. Catastigma

Dildos unhealthy and downright cruel ?

i feel more that dildis is healthly and cruely tight xd

Amerrante and Alessia Wellington like this.
  3. ambyentlight

Sad part you could spend 100s of hours and downgress when you need to progress inorder to play endgame pvp node wars and seige.

Oaklay likes this.
  4. Roechacca

Try Elder Scrolls PVP. I hated it for all the reasons you're siting here so maybe you'll like it there cause I like this here. There short a player so go fill my spot an roll DC.

5. Katsuragi

red pill coming into effect

6. Asterotis

ftfy.

7. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Elder Scrolls Online PVP is pretty good, you can do it at level 15, get XP while doing it and be rewarded for it.

8. Roechacca

Ya it's not bad. The reason I left is I found this and it had all missing sandbox elements ESO never had. You can get in some good fights there and it's easy as hell to gear up. I like it when it's harder then he'll to fully gear up. A ceiling so high you go blind looking for it. He'd probably have fun there, very casual friendly in eso.

9. Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda Valkyrie 64 EU

The core of the problem in this game and many other "modern" MMOs is simply the illusion of being "competitive" and the even greatest illusion of "progression". It is all built on shaky foundations, shabby game mechanics, and in most cases a more sinister reason is concealed: the burning desire of companies dominating the huge and lucrative market for quick and high profits.

The concept of "profit" is not wrong, actually can be a driving force for excellence and real advancement and progress, but not when it is the only governing force and applied using the most cheap and misleading tactics. This eventually leads to the disappointment so many players feel, might take them a while to realise, and it includes all those "features" we have learned to "love", like extreme RNG "mechanics", huge imbalances everywhere, in classes, skills, gear and whatnot, just to name a few examples.

It is just a symptom of our times, some games might seem a bit more "fair" than others, but the general idea is pretty much the same, all over the world. I guess the outcome of a dog-eat-dog race for a (good) chunk of the multi-billion monster that gaming industry now is.

Oaklay and Cat Box like this.
  10. Roechacca

[​IMG]
    At some point this is just abuse.

Cruornex likes this.
  11. ManlyBeard

Your reading comprehension is unhealthy

12. Catastigma

You comprehension of humor and trolling is unhealthy...

13. Rahnxah

People, the fun is gear up, not "have fun after gear up"

Oomwoc and Vlad Tepes III like this.
  14. GabeCake

This is a hardcore grinder. If you don't 'enjoy' the grind than the game probably isn't for you. Just my two cents.

Vlad Tepes III likes this.
  15. Amerrante

Amerrante DarkKnight 61 EU

bye bye
    wish you the best

Vlad Tepes III and Taj like this.
  16. 2Cents

If you follow BDO's cash shop model you will notice it started out reasonable and went downhill as every cash shop advantage was introduced, coincidence? But we have learned something from the industry..... cash shop pay2win is the only successful business model. You must ALWAYS ignore the fact that WoW had the most players for years and huge revenue. That must NEVER be recognized.

17. CreepingCthulhu

wow is paytowin garbage.
    unlike bdo

18. PanpanTheGreat

PanpanTheGreat Sorceress 61 EU

the only fun in this game is when you go full retard or get a successfull enhancement after trying so hard, you get that joy for the rest of the day and then back to depression

19. Vyky

Vyky Maehwa EU

Enhancement from a Kzarka point of view:
    PRI 270 million (+8 AP) < DUO 320 million (+8 AP, +50 million, costs 1,2x more) < TRI 460 million (+12 AP, +140 milion, costs 1,4x more) < TET 1200 million (+8 AP, +740 million, costs 2,6x more) < PEN 4000 million (+8 AP, +2800 million, costs 3,3x more)
    - Is it worth? Yes it is, because this is the only way you can improve your stuff, even if the price that you have to put in is exponentially scaled, even if you just want higher stacks for almost the same AP increase.
    - Is it worth to grind for a higher level? Yes it is, because otherwise you get the first cc at the first hit.

About the CC's:
    What I cannot understand in this game, what is the point of the cc's? Becuase it is so popular in mmo's?!
    - In PVE you do not need any kind of cc at all. Simple because the Elit mobs and the Bosses cannot be cc'd, and the rest of the mobs are moving brainless, and in slow motion compared to you.
    - In PVP, the first cc wins, more or less. You just have to be on higher level than your opponent. You have to be stacked up with the accuracy and you got the win.
    This mechanism is unthinking, semifinished and unnecessary for this kind of lightning fast gameplay. It is just ruin the game and shortens the already fast killing time. The 10 seconds deaths, is this the PVP, seriously?! This is not a challange. A boxing match lasts for at least 3 minutes.

20. Cat Box

At no point did i mention i was quitting. I also wouldnt confuse hardcore grinder with hardcore cash grab. Id find it acceptable to label this game a hardcore grinder if your grind wasnt simply tossed down the drain by ******** systems that are designed to tilt you to get you to spend money for “convenience “. Im not quitting no, but i have accepted the fact that this game is only “good” because theres nothing else better. Its gameplay, visuals and some concepts carry this game, but you can only look the other way for so long.

#20 Cat Box, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    nefarie and Oaklay like this.