1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response This is a solo game, pls don't try adding CO-OP/Party Quest, it won't work.

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Guybrush_Threepwood, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Jexz

Nothing is forced for group play. Anything and everything can be acquired by solo play.
    There are very few group orientated content and like you said it is a pain to set up usually. You are right group play is generally considered inefficient But it is there for people who want group play. More reason not to want to do it if you are a solo player affirming the fact that it is not forced.

Raid content to get BIS items is forced content and does not exist in BDO and is why I chose BDO.

Sorry to respond so late but someone revived the thread and the comment seemed so ignorant I couldn't resist.
    I personally don't do group content but since the new market and how special deals work, group content has been nerfed so hard and unjustly. There is no reason for group to not make = to solo or at least have a more equal distribution of wealth for the party.

OP is lobbying to remove group content because he does not want spend the extra time needed to play with friends, not because its forced.

Factorial likes this.
  2. Factorial

Oddly enough, it seems like pearl abyss is actually moving toward true group/raid content with the recent announcement of Alter of Blood. So hopefully, that means pearl abyss will start creating content that is seamlessly smooth for group setup and play.

I strongly agree with you that BIS items should not be gated behind group/raid content. The beauty of BDO is that you can get all BIS solo. It needs to remain that way, which I cannot emphasize enough!!!

Now we just need content for the other members of the BDO community that do greatly enjoy group content, I myself included.

3. YouShallnotPassz

i totally disagree with the op, group can be very fun, solo can get boring from time to time, group we could do, dungeons, raids, boss raids etc .

4. Jexz

What is the difference between going to hystria with a group of friends under geared vs a dungeon. What is the difference between doing a world boss such as vell and a boss raid other than gating out solo players?

#44 Jexz, Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  5. Guybrush_Threepwood

No I haven't I still need to gain more AP , most ppl want at least 240 and TET kutum. But I have played other games with similar group grind, and yea it's more fun and sometimes there's drama because of spot takeover/other things. My complain is mainly for group quests that don't give much reward/incentive because noone would do it. A group grind is highly profitable so that alone is incentive enough for ppl to do it, ppl are doing it 24/7 so no problem there.

My problem here was with Valtarra scroll, noone in the guild I'm in seem to bother doing it, and noone shouts for party for doing it in server chat, also the many quests that are labeled as CO-OP.

============================

Like I said I'm not against group activities as long it's rewarding and many people are doing it, what I'm against is group activities that nobody bothers to do, and also quests labeled with CO-OP because the game has travel time problem.

#45 Guybrush_Threepwood, Jun 10, 2019
  6. Guybrush_Threepwood

Are you talking in my behalf ? Quote me where I said all that.

Geez why ppl nowadays are acting like psychics that somehow know what's in other ppl's mind. Next time I'll need a psy-block helmet when posting something, but maybe not since they're all wrong.

#46 Guybrush_Threepwood, Jun 10, 2019
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  7. Jexz

In the title you say do not ad group content, thank you for correcting me you are lobbying against new group content not removing it.
    "pls don't try adding CO-OP/Party Quest"
    Your reason group content takes to much effort
    "Everywhere is too far for everyone, could take 10-30 minutes autopathing, and if ppl want to get back to whatever they were doing previously"

Not mind reading maybe misinterpreting though?

8. Guybrush_Threepwood

That's exactly why I said you're mind reading because ONE, I didn't say anything about removing the group contents of the game, yet you said it but now stand corrected. Also TWO, I'm NOT against ALL group contents, that's why I specificly mentioned Co-op/party quest such as Valtarra. Other activities like group grinding, guild activities like going to bosses together and fight enemy guild randomly there, node war, killing Vell, etc, those are okay because it has incentive and motivate ppl to do it. Basically activities that many people are interested in, unlike Valtarra that needs ppl to schedule when to do it or don't even bother.

THREE, you even said the reason why I hate it even though I NEVER said that. That's why I'm surprised why you spoke on my behalf.

#48 Guybrush_Threepwood, Jun 10, 2019
  9. Jexz

chill bro
    "could take 10-30 minutes autopathing" <-- extra time needed to play with friends
    Valtarra is just out dated content it very much was done by groups just like savage rift was. So not adding co-op/party quests because you and many others have out grown the previous content is no reason to not add co-op/party quests in the future.

Much of this game you will out grow solo and group, that content is over a year old. The new market and dark rifts dropped the price of valtara belts by half.

I'd suggest Focusing your efforts on asking for things you want. Not asking to not add content you don't want but others may when you can just ignore that content all together. That is why I have issues with your post mainly your post tittle because its wrong.

Now if i was to try and read your mind and not interpreter what you are saying in your title.

You want Co-op missions but you want it to be worth your time.

The problem is what is worth your time changes over the course of the game.
    Perhaps Valtara could use an update Or maybe its a hidden Gem that has been forgotten because the extra time it's needed to put a group together. Should you do that efficiently like asking your Mirumok group if they want to run it or have a compass or guild leader to summon your group it might be very lucrative or at least worth while.

#49 Jexz, Jun 10, 2019
  10. Guybrush_Threepwood

I'd suggest focusing your efforts on suggestion forum, not here when you can just ignore the content of this thread all together, how 'bout that ? This is just my two cents here and I did not even submit this to the suggestion forum, even the suggestions that are submitted need to be voted to make it happen. Why do you even bother here ?

My post title is wrong and cause you to have issues ? There is no right or wrong here. Or should I change my post because according to YOU it's wrong ? I can pretty much write anything that I want regarding the game, some agree and some don't, that's normal, but judging and acting like a psychic and saying stuffs that I never said is really annoying.

11. Jexz

@Guybrush_Threepwood Despite your feelings or how you play the game BDO is not a solo game. You can Claim it is solo all you want you can read that others claim it is solo. The reality is it is a multi player game with both group and solo content. The fact that you are complaining about co-op game play proves that point.
    Before you lobby against content that you can fully ignore yourself, You might want to try and put yourself in someone else shoes who actually likes content. I feel you are incapable of this. I hope I am wrong. I'm going to exit this conversation now. Best of luck in your solo adventures.

12. Törni

They could easily redeem this by allowing sprint to be toggleable.
    As a matter of fact it should be for all vehicle, not just horses only (peridot wagon, elephant, ships).

13. Jexz

I'm sure its by design to reward active play vrs afk

14. Guybrush_Threepwood

Despite how you say it is not a solo game, MOST of the times spent in this game are mostly solo. You can claim it multiplayer all you want. The reality is even though it indeed is an mmo, most of the times spent in the game are solo (sadly on horseback autopathing, or AFK lol). The fact that you are complaining the opposite here proves that point as well.

You are here against something that you can fully ignore yourself. If you say I should try and put myself in everybody else's shoes then why don't you put yourself in my shoes here for a start LOL ? I know that you are incapable of that, I know so, and I'm right. I'm also going to withdraw from this convo. Best of luck in your multiplayering in this mmo-but-mostly-solo-game.

Active play controlling a pixel horse ? I'd say bad design. Ppl jam the key and mouse for that why not just let ppl have it with ingame toggles, just saying. F for instant accel and drift to reset it should be rewarding enough for active play.

#54 Guybrush_Threepwood, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019