1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is how you handle community backfire

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by OptimusPrime, Nov 17, 2017.

1. OptimusPrime

Jae-hee Kim said:

• "...we felt that the gap was growing between those who were aware of such hidden statistics versus those who weren’t aware of them.For that reason, we’ve decided to start development on revealing hidden statistics,"
      • If it wasn't for the leak, they would've kept their mouth shut.
      • Notice how they add a feeling in the beginning of the sentence. Trying to portray to us that they're humans. Nope. They're not like us, they don't care and never will.

• "We apologize once again for not being more transparent in item descriptions"
      • Translated: "We soory leaked information got to you. Banned, we enforce TOS"

• "The higher the node level, the higher the drop rate. But we realized that the drop rate increase was rather minimal."
      • What they mean: "Just like luck, node investment wasn't even coded in the first place. But we promise we will add and buff"

• "This is a promise"
      • No
    This, ladies and gentlemen, is how you respond to PR backlash. Completely ignore what really happened and focus on "improvement" using 1400 words of bull **** using the words "confusion, assurance and realization" on your terms. Never should you ever, ever, explain truthfully if you are at fault. Always ignore them and hire a first year business relations student to write out ******** on how you will cater to them, again on your terms.

This is how it should have been done:

1. Clarity in Accuracy, Damage Reduction and Evasion on the items used by players.
    We ****ed up, things were leaked. We banned the ******* and might as well make these stats visible.

2. Explanation on the Hidden Options.

You saw through another layer of ******** we placed. Well done, those stats will be visible as well.

3. Removal of ambiguity in expressions and on item descriptions.

They're actually the same item with different descriptions. But now that you're all angry, we'll go ahead and actually do work and code in the difference between the two.

4. Increase of Item Drop Rate based on Node Levels.

Yeah. Thanks for making us actually go to work to do something. These did nothing. We'll be coding in these so they actually do something - stay tuned. And stop complaining.

5. Accurate announcement (via Patch Notes) of changes in Statistics and (drop) Rates.

We're really **** at coding RNG actually. We have this "RNG generator for RNG", which generates the chance of a chance of something good dropping. If you don't know what that means, don't worry, we don't either. What I can tell you is we understand that when you farm for a node for the first time and get 3 seraps within 2 hours, and get absolutely nothing for the next three months, it's not RNG. It's just some total ******** we managed to pull off to make it seem so. But until this gets leaked as well, we're keeping our mouth shut.

6. Numerical Value Display for Damage and Character Statistics.

It's there. You just have to mine the data. If you do find it, we'll make another apology post saying things about stuff. Otherwise, haha screw you! Hidden stats *****!​

Sibyyl, Thelemna, Moroku and 7 others like this.
  2. 2Cents

You could have just said

Make BDO Great Again!

piratebeowolf likes this.
  3. Spartakatz

The RNG works pretty well, seeing so many people come up with tinfoil theories. That means it does a good job being not predictable. That's how a good RN generator should look like.

4. Remyra

gotta agree with everything else and its pretty sad it took a leak to get this far, but hey luck actually works: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/76ggl0/node_level_test_2_and_luck_level_test/

5. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

I like the different types of beatings I get because you just never know when or where the bruises will appear!

Sibyyl likes this.
  6. Spartakatz

People often think that randomness must always look like this:

[​IMG]

where actually more desired is something like this:

[​IMG]

that kind of randomness adds streaks of good/bad luck, it's also the primary choice for other random generated things (landscapes and what not).

just that every moron who happens to be in a "black spot in that image", always thinks the RNG would be broken or "bad"

@OP you surely can provide us with a better, kick-ass RNG that works better and still looks random? no? thought so.

TarkusBlack likes this.
  7. Asterotis

MEANWHILE AT EA...

"We took away lootboxes (TEMPORARILY BECAUSE BELGIUM AND THE UK ARE ON OUR ASSES ABOUT ONLINE GAMBLING AND DISNEY IS CURRENTLY CATCHING SH*T FOR UNDERAGE GAMBLING) and are now going to work on overpriced microtransactions."

8. cheefpoker

LOL well said. Seriously...screw this company........If it comes down to it, I will lawyer up to get the $$$ back from paypal. My friend already got back his 2 grand, he's banned for life but he doesn't care. LOL

9. Sandpit_

The problem with the hidden stats was that it was an early design idea, not without merit, that turned out not to add any real value, but they obstinately hung on to for far to long until the stupidity became obvious even to them. The real **** up though was banning the person who finally managed to persuade them how stupid they were being. They got hurt and hit out, even though it was for the good of the game, they couldn't handle looking stupid even though everyone knew it. Nobody likes being shown to be stupid but it would be nice now they have calmed down a bit if they could start doing the right thing.

Edremis likes this.
  10. Neverr

Wait.. I'm confused. I thought they were doing the things we asked them? Why the anger here? Because of how they said it? Is that really how we want to play it out? I'm new so maybe I'm missing something here.

TarkusBlack, Asterotis and Sandpit_ like this.
  11. Hada

Make_bdo_great.jpg.af6166db41aa730525f8c057c892d54f.jpg

Dalenos likes this.
  12. Desado

Desado Wizard 62 NA

I remember that age. Some good times and bad times. Don't worry OP, you'll grow out of it. Until then, just fap the stress away.

Sibyyl likes this.
  13. 2Cents

14. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

It literally never affected me in any way so idk why ppl make a big deal out if, youre getting your stats now. Stop crying.

15. TarkusBlack

TarkusBlack Witch 62 EU

You.... you have no idea about how randomness and RNG works do you? Typical forum warrior so quick to spout BS opinions about something he knows absolutely nothing about.

Here you go Einstein: if you get a steady drop rate of a rare item then that's not random!

16. ApochSaint

why tf would we care how they responded. We got what we wanted. On to the next.

17. N0tl0c

yeah I would rather pay a lawyer to get back any money I spent and lose money in the process.

18. ZeuZ

Sad, but true.

19. ronniejw

Good example of how you just can't please everybody. There is nothing this company can do or say that will make some people happy. People just got to whine and complain no matter what.

TarkusBlack likes this.
  20. devante

Rng isn't technically real, not in the sense it's really random. In truth computers are 100% incapable of being truly random. Instead what you get is a complex algorithm. And RNG systems in the past have been cracked, but it's not a common occurrence and if some mathematician figured it out they'd never share it. So it's just the illusion of randomness birthed by our own ignorance of the methodology. So it is possible one of these tinfoil theorist is accurate or close enough to it. Just as it's possible they're 100% off base. Personally the only thing I'd change from the current system is jewelry blowing up, instead of being downgraded like every other gear.

Runa likes this.