1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is how you make a proper poll.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by flukeSG2, Aug 6, 2020.

?

Forum goers, what do you enjoy in Black Desert Online?

1. PvE

52.5%
  2. PvP

15.0%
  3. Both

32.5%
  1. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

What are lies? How does have less votes than another poll make it a lie? That doesn't make any sense at all. You're even neglecting to mention that my poll is less than 3 hours old, while the other one was created on Monday. That's not even getting into the fact my poll may never get as many votes, or it might get more, neither fact translates into one poll being a lie.

I'm not aiming for anything in the discussion, just correcting misinformation and educating people as usual. Seems a few people on the forum don't understand how polling works.

2. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Did I ever claimed your poll should have as many answers as the other ? That's right, never. I provided numbers from both results and 2Cents brainfarted as usual claiming those numbers didn't exist, which is the definition of lying since anyone can easily check how accurate the numbers I reported were.

Additionally, funny how you don't call out 2Cents for drawing conclusions out of your 3 hours old poll, you're totally unbiased ROFL.

#22 Smileybones, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    Wodahs likes this.
  3. Khondo

Lifeskill = PVE

4. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Yes, you clearly indicated that my poll only having 20 responses when compared to the other poll makes it illegitimate, you called it "lies". So, no, not never just a few minutes ago to be precise. Nice try with the distraction by drawing attention to someone else's post, but I don't buy into the Trump defense.

Vortexii likes this.
  5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Wrong again, I never called your poll illegitimate and I never called it lies.

What's illegitimate is 2Cent's propaganda pushed out of so early results.

What were lies was 2Cents challenging the numbers I provided while said numbers are easily accessible on both polls topics.

6. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I see your confusion now. You seem to believe I agreed with his assessment of the polling data, that was not what I was in agreement with. I agreed with his second reply where he pointed out your penchant for making things up and doing a disservice to my poll.

7. Denthors

so Cooking is Player Versus Environment ?
    interesting
    you guy play the game or you just visit forums ?

what about training horse ?
    or
    TRADING
    OR
    BARTERING

is that PvE too ?

PVE is an abbreviation used in online gaming with the meaning "Player Versus Environment". PVE games require players to fight computer-generated monsters or enemies, as opposed to fighting other human players (as required in PVP (Player Versus Player") games).

Sans titre.png

that is like saying Legolas is a RANGER and Gimli is a garden dwarf

maybe you haven't notice but the SEA monster mission you DO are IN THE PvE TAB
    so its not Lifeskill either. fyi, just saying before anyone bring that up

maybe you haven't notice that either but the game also divide the guild into 4 categories

Combat / Life skill / Sailing / Adventure
    PvP/PvE/ Live Skill / Sailing / PvX

in bdo since the game is OWPVP you Can't have PvE without PvP
    even on the Sesonal server where flagging is not allowed GvG can still happen. and there is a way to go negative karma there too

so everyone in your Pool who said PvE also said PvP indirectly cuz its impossible to play bdo PvE without PvP, unless you stay lvl 49 even on seasonal

hell, playing bdo is agreeing on pvp.

#27 Denthors, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    MoonDance17 likes this.
  8. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Correct, this is why this poll is trash on top of having a biased title only intended to fill the OP's inflated ego.

9. Khondo

Cook vs cook PVP.... funny

FairlyEnjoyable and Wodahs like this.
  10. Ternezia

Ternezia DarkKnight 60 EU

LOL cook vs cook pvp would be awesome.

Also, are we having poll wars now? :D

btw @Khondo, I think you just gave a brilliant idea. Why don't developers implement a lifeskilling competition?

Fateneko and Wodahs like this.
  11. Factorial

Yeah, you are being a sore loser about someone doing a poll for what they want. You come along and start crying about it not being your way.

You got a thousand people telling you how closed minded and wrong you are, but you just to blind. That's just being sad really. Keep up the desperate fight.

Wodahs, Jinoro and MoonDance17 like this.
  12. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I'm not losing at anything, there's nothing to be sore about. You need to go back to school and learn how to count, three people don't equal a thousand and I'm most definitely not the closed-minded one here incapable of perceiving what is clearly obvious bias. But then again, you're even more biased than they are so it's no surprise you're incapable of seeing it. See that's the thing, it's not about being "my" way, it's about being the right way. The only thing sad here is you and your continued failure to observe the obvious and grasp simple concepts, keep your blinders on the rest of your life, I'm sure your head would explode if you could see the rest of the world. You are and continue to be an example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. Keep on being a failure.

13. Joungf

Vortexii and Jinoro like this.
  14. woots

even if that poll doesnt, for now, have a lot of voter, it already show the same trend as all other pve vs pvp thread ( so like the pve channel, so like the 2018 andro poll with 600 voter )

PVE little bit in majority.

Jinoro and MoonDance17 like this.
  15. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I like some of your reasoning but it is totally possible to never engage in pvp even though you cannot stop someone attacking you. All you need to do is swap server or change to another alt, see no pvp required. There is also the stay at 49 option which also leads to no pvp.

Fateneko, Wodahs and Jinoro like this.
  16. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Are you taking drugs as you write those answers?
    He considered everything with just PvE and PvP. Anything you can do in BDO can be put in either of those two categories.

The actual point of his example was, that most other polls here are like this:

• I agree (because I am smart)
    • I disagree (because I am a little whore and a childmolester)
    or like this:

• yes
    • yes
    • yes

They are biased, often with something negative coupled towards disagreeing with the OP or an option to disagree simply missing.

Also maybe you did not realize, but every poll/survey only has a tiny portion of the actual target group answering it.

Also because I just saw people writing this, every normal person would consider lifeskils as pve.

17. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Fluke just showed that any poll without "I like both" option is biaised and that this option is certainly not ignored.
    Point made.

18. LightningFFXIII-4

PVP in this game is a joke. I would rather PVP in FFXIV at least in there i don't have to worry about being Geared enough lol. And you know that's bad when someone would rather PVP in a tab/click based targetting game than a soft autotarget game.

Jinoro likes this.
  19. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Because in BDO we dont have PvP (Player vs Player), but GvG (Gear vs Gear).

sajdas likes this.
  20. LesserHellspawn

Well, clickbait title, and the poll results more or less mirror the other, just with more condensed answer choices. A really proper poll would probably have to be multiple choice and include all possible activities split up into their separate options. Even PvP isn't always just PvP, there's OwPvP, Nodewars, sieges, RBF, probably forgot some. Players that now simply click PvP might perhaps only like and do single aspects of that and not the whole.

VoldemortRMK, Fateneko and Jinoro like this.