1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is literally unplayable

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by MoarningShadow, Oct 17, 2018.

?

Do you love Motion Blur to the max? Also, side question, do you enjoy Mouse Acceleration in games?

1. Motion Blur and Mouse Acceleration are the creations of the Devil.

60 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Motion Blur is Garbage but I enjoy Mouse Acceleration, either in specific games or all games.

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Motion Blur is my Lord and Savior, but I despise Mouse Acceleration.

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. I want to see the world burn because I advocate for both Motion Blur and Mouse Acceleration.

10 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. MoarningShadow

It started with the Camera zooming into your characters face and the forced camera movement whenever you moved for the first time. It was mildly disorienting and although I wanted an option to remove it, I didn't say a thing and tried to cope with it. But it wasn't enough. Kakao or Pearl Abyss or whoever is the absolute genius behind all of this decided the game needed more forced features to induce motion sickness.

You see, I'm a player who normally plays casually the majority of the time, with a few 1-2 hour sessions PER WEEK of dedicated PvP. As someone who plays casually, I was thoroughly enjoying the newly released Remaster mode and seeing the world in the new fantastic (subjective, I know) graphics. I enjoyed doing my daily shenanigans in the beautiful world, being blinded by the sky and the sun, enjoying the evening lights, I honestly loved it all and kept my game in Remaster mode so that I could continue to enjoy it. Remaster Mode was the only way I wanted to play BDO in.

But suddenly...

unknown (9).jpg

... Kakao Abyss Struck.

The game has become unplayable in remaster mode, I see ZERO option to turn this **** off. I saw a Camera Blur effect and dropped it down to 0%, but it didn't do anything (which makes sense, considering what the description for it said). Perhaps I'm blind, perhaps I'm bugged, but this is quite literally unplayable in Remaster mode. You released a gorgeous visual remaster of the game to give us a sweet taste of its beauty and then ripped it away from us.

I understand it's very possible that this may not be a permanent feature, that the future may present an option to turn this off. I can only hope, PRAY, that this can be removed very soon.

PS: It also feels like there's mouse acceleration in Remaster mode, and I pray that is not the case. I think the majority of PC gamers collectively agree that Mouse Acceleration for camera movement in games is the absolute worst thing a game developer can put into their creation.

ClearArrow and 0Ninja like this.
  2. Muesticblade

Muesticblade Kunoichi 62 EU

I didn't feel anything unusual regarding mouse.
    But at the blur i totally agree, its insanely terrible and hurts my eyes. Only thing im gonna do now for a week is logging in for nodewar/siege on medium settings. Usually i also took some screenshots or some occasional grind or gather, but that's pretty rip. Just look at that. For the 1st one i turned off all extra effects like depth of field, SSAO etc. (basically all toggles, i know only depth of field and display filter should affect it. Only those 2 are disabled in the 2nd one) Screenshots with blurry character...
    2018-10-17_610491921.JPG
    2018-10-17_6103399361.jpg

But apparently they are at least aware of it?
    temp.PNG

Draconnix likes this.
  3. MoarningShadow

I'm hoping the next update (or even a hotfix) will resolve this, playing outside of Remaster mode is kind of depressing. I had a taste of it, now I need more.

4. Muesticblade

Yea, not only that you can't turn it off, but its also like 5x stronger than before the patch. I actually had both options turned on.

5. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Maybe someday PA will allow users to have more control over effect settings. The "here take this and like it" system they force on us is getting old. Cant control effects on remastered, cant eliminate motion blur and there are other effects I wish we had more control over.

Capitaine Courage likes this.
  6. MoarningShadow

7. Muesticblade

D:

8. deductively

I literally only read the title and I 100% agree. The team isn't doing anything to solve problems that have apparently been plaguing players since April. And I'm sure they've gotten a massive influx of refund tickets.

9. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

the game is fine, it could be happening to some configurations, give your specs and send a ticket. the game actually looks a bit better now lol . get a new graphics card

10. Muesticblade

Do you play on remastered?

11. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

yes

12. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Tom cruise meme.jpg

13. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

or make a meme, and act stupid. i was just trying to be helpful, but hey Russian players not getting their data wiped so lets ***** about something else

14. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

I play remasrered and see no difference than before the patch, idk whats the problem

15. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

Nice legs.

16. Yuusayn

I hope you are wrong and they fix this like within hours, who implements a patch they know has problems, oh wait this game, they seemingly great at play testing their stuff and even though they catch problems still push it forward lmao

Guess we'll all have to deal with pleb graphics or nausea in the mean time

17. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

If they hotpatched it, I would bet my shirt that people would manage to complain about downtime.

Edremis likes this.
  18. Yuusayn

The only thing this community does on a consistent basis is complain, literally the only thing we can count on

19. jaygrae

What the hell did they do....This motion blur is making me sick! Have to turn remastered off..cant even stomach this. What is this game doing.

20. Catastigma

look like a .config bug.

Try to delete your GameOption.txt