1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is what 7 days of sea monster hunting looks like in payouts for guilds just starting out.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by AlwaysSaltyAF, Aug 4, 2018.

1. ambyentlight

I sure hope the members of your guild only getting t1 payments quit because you sound like a scam guild.

Vashy likes this.
  2. AlwaysSaltyAF

List of things you've called me since I started posting here.

1) An account buyer.
    2) An exploiter.
    3) A scammer.

Grasping at straws out of veiny rage.

Must've karmabombed you somewhere and that's why you're so mad.

Smileybones likes this.
  3. AlwaysSaltyAF

I'd be surprised if they nerfed an alternative gameplay to castle ownership that anyone can do, as well as castle owners.

4. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

until u realize castle owners can also do sea monster hunting

xd logic btw, they can prolly do it even better than ur 'casual guilds'

R.Prescott, Mesuka, Tvvin and 3 others like this.
  5. AlwaysSaltyAF

People get paid what they earned. Simple as that. I made 7bil last week. A lot of others inbetween 500mil-3bil, and a few between 150mil-450mil.

I actually prefer doing sea monster payouts over nw/siege payouts. Nw/siege you kinda need to pay everyone around the same who attends. Better players get paid the same as people who get one shotted as long as they attend.. here your golden star for showing up even though you got one shotted and will continue to get one shotted prob for the next 6+ months *pins gold star on their chest*.

Sea monsters you pay people what they earn, unless you're selfish af. I enjoyed doing this week's payout cuz everyone who got paid well earned it.

#25 AlwaysSaltyAF, Aug 4, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  6. Spartakatz

@AlwaysSaltyAF so what was the total invested time for those 20bil, roughly?

7. AlwaysSaltyAF

Experienced players make around 1.5bil sea monster loot per 10 hours of farming, so around 130hours total for 20bil if my math isn't autistic.

That is pure farming though not counting doing daily sailing quests and other things.

8. Spartakatz

So 150m per hour, with how many people in total? Or with 1 boat and ram?

9. Jensen

spoken like a true ignorant

ye let me craft my own ogres, ohh wait
    and why are people doing relics anyway, just craft them guys dafaq

R.Prescott and RageAgainst like this.
  10. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

and how many hrs a day is that of seahunting distributed among how many members? i think siege guildspay + everyday grinding/lifeskills matches that by a good amount, its nice to see alternative content being viable tho

11. Shdw

Shdw Shdw Wizard 61 NA

Oh how the tables have turned.

Quack.™®©

12. AlwaysSaltyAF

Necro'n old posts from threads on different subjects eh?

They buffed ramming shortly after they nerfed the trina matchlock. Didn't need to sell my sailboat after all! <3 PA/Kakao for making a great game here.

Soon 2bil+ payouts!

Shoutout to my guildies for assisting me in setting up a great income generating guild <3!

13. Andaro

Ambassador

Not rising to anyone's defense here, however as an avid sailor I can attest that hunting sea beasts is quite profitable, if, like any other life skill in the game, you commit to it.

The Candidum, NineShark, and BlackRust drop between 100+ and 150+ Nedians per kill. That's about 10 to 15+ mil Guild Silver per kill (plus, because it variates, and you have a chance to drop a rare loot item worth 100 mil) Hekaru & Stalker are a lot easier and thus drop less nedians (about half as much or less), (+rare 100mil item)

The same amounts variable with Large, Medium, and Small Goldmont, in terms of difficulty and drop amounts.

Young Sea Beasts, drop young nedians, which can either be converted to guild nedians, or sold for personal silver gain, averaging 1.1 mil per kill+ (the + respecting the side loot, such as horns, etc) but have no rare item drop, and are very easy to kill.

It does take effort and hard work out on the seas to learn each mobs various aggro styles, timing, habits, and spawning grounds. You also must weigh in the sailors costs or ship repairs, ship gear repairs, sailor contract renewals, and Crystals both Breezy and Origin, as well as the time necessary to collect Lobsters for glue and the alchemy byproduct Shining Powder to make the Origin Winds, of which any avid sailor doesn't leave port without, as using skills while sailing can quickly drain your ships power. This is all personal costs and overhead.

Also while out on the seas, you will have to contend with weather phenomenon , potential pkers, server lag, and ocean desync, as well as a few other strange bugs as reported in my feedback topic on Margoria.

The Sailing Skills take daily routine runs to level up, and there is no faster way of doing so other than the quests, of which takes time. All of this naturally takes time away from other usual content activities that the player would ordinarily enjoy, in order to commit to a successful sailing guild.

Now, with that having been said, I do not believe it is fair, for those of you, whom do not have experience in the matters of the sea, to judge others on their choice of content play, or the content itself, just as those whom do not know or understand all of the cost and work that goes into maintaining a large siege guild should not judge those that participate in that content.

Now, the OP and his guild, as many other guilds are doing and have done, are playing both contents, Sieges and Ocean, to benefit from both. This means that not only their personal cost increases, but their active play time and effort also increases proportionately. And thusly, they enjoy both the Taxes from Nodes, and the supplemental income from the Ocean.

Even if you are not a siege guild or do not enjoy node wars, you can still be a Sailor or Sailing Guild and perform quite well with hard effort and commitment to the content, and enjoy the payout benefits thereof.

Furthermore, I do not believe it right for anyone to cast judgement upon the internal decisions of how guilds distribute their payout tiers or make assumptions upon them, based on a screenshot. A fair guild will distribute based on activity and contribution, and rightly so.

It was not until an non-intended bug appeared , due to lack of foresight by the developers (referring to Trina Matchlocks) that Sea Beasts became such a hot topic. Had it not been for that, or rather to say, had that exploit not existed, then the subject would not be as hot as it is today, nor would anyone have concerned themselves so greatly with sea voyages, or to say it wouldn't have "boomed" as it has currently.

But that issue has been dealt with, and it is now water under the bridge and we are moving on. Ramming is not an exploit, and is the intended method of attacking, along with cannons. Now, whether or not the mobs are too easy or too hard to kill with either method respectively, is grounds for another debate, which I will withhold my statements on them for the time being, other than to say that more Margoria & Ocean content is coming, and further updates are in the pipeline, so we may see changes, we may not, to those aspects.

Mind you I make these statements not to take sides on the matter , but to cast some objective and integral light on the subject. Before you criticize content, you need to play that content, and understand what is involved, before doing so. Otherwise, your opinions and views are meritless.

Likewise, those that do fully play the content, need to be respective of the game, and have some integrity and ethical standards, and realize when a bug is present and report that bug, problem, or potential issues, to the staff accordingly.

A wise Community Manager from my previous publisher once said, "When dealing with exploits or bugs, ask yourself, "do I truly believe this how the game was intended to be played?" , "Does this feel right doing it this way?"

#33 Andaro, Aug 4, 2018
    Smileybones, Shdw, Lefteye and 4 others like this.
  14. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

it is ok if something is profitable. if it requires way less investment (epheria) than other methods(top spot grinding requires really good gear) and forces all people to do it if they wanna catch up, then it is not balanced. that is the problem here.

15. AlwaysSaltyAF

Might be pretty balanced when drieghan hits tbh. Grind spots will be dropping caphras stones and sea monsters won't be. Not to mention life skill buffs as well. Those gathering buffs :thonking:.

#35 AlwaysSaltyAF, Aug 4, 2018
  16. thdsm

Relics and pila scrolls are always on the mp, are you blind m8?
    And who expects to easily buy ogres outside fine box days? Maybe clueless morons do, I wouldn't know though.

17. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

Ramming sure isn't, but the mouse movement 180° ramming turn exploit surely isn't intended. And that's the thing that makes solo-hunting so easy in the first place.

Shdw likes this.
  18. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

And it is not forcing all other people to do it to catch up...
    stop talking bullsht...

If you believe what you say then... all other people should go for castles too, because their payouts are quite respectable too...
    and / or because some people cant, or have no idea about lifeskilling, thats unbalanced too right? i mean, lifeskilling money forces other people to do it too if they want to catch up.
    Or what about people that can't play 24/7 and grind on profitable spots? All players access to the game should be restricted down to an average time span of 4-5 hours at most. Otherwise it would be unfair for all those poor souls that have to work 8h per day or more...

19. Andaro

Ambassador

I believe you are referring to the "boat flipping" using the "trick" that is coupled with the Mouse-click-to move, and yes, with all my training as a bug tester with a previous publisher, it is within my professional experience, that I can say, That , is not intended and is a design flaw or "bug".

However, I have no authority here to see it fixed, and thusly submitted that bug via Ticket #709070 @GM Dew @GM Salome I believe that the ticket was answered mis-categorically, and may need to be re-submitted.

Although, I can say it is not necessarily "content breaking", nor does it necessarily "speed up" your ability to ram sea beasts any quicker than simply turning the boat using proper means, it does need to be looked into by the Q&A Team and submitted for review.

Its actually quicker to use Retreat (S) + Animation Cancel T + Forward + Ram (WTQ), (which I don't necessarily agree with animation canceling, and should probably also be reviewed, but at the same time you would have to review animation cancels of combat skills, as they are in the same boat, pardon the pun) on most mobs, once you have gained Pro Sailing Level. At Artisan levels its even quicker to turn normally (proper method) using the side-turn skill. .

I do however encourage any sailor out at sea, that witnesses "boat flipping" to report the incident accordingly.

Some may not agree with my conclusion of the subject, but as we say in the trade, it is what it is.

#39 Andaro, Aug 4, 2018
    Smileybones likes this.
  20. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

tell me then - what rivals seamonster hunting payouts with the same silver/time investment or in same ratio?