1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is why you need reduce geargap

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Zendeo, Jun 6, 2018.

1. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

you still haven’t brought up a good argument why a new player should have ot easier than an old one...only to have an easier time than the old players, which is not fair in any way, so there is no reason to make it easier.

2. JeanJean

Arenas by level+gearscore would be a good idea and allow players to compete and test

but pvp in this game is a joke who get even funnier with great innovations like renow score... made sonely to widen the gear score.

3. Szakłak

Yeah, thats what I mean. I think that people who claim to play this game for pvp need to understand that this game has not been created for pvp. This games been created for people to feel the progression, spend a lot of money on it and reward them with stomping weaker people to drive you to become even stronger. When you open BDO you dont think of new combo to pull off but how much silver per hour you can make. Its just that kind of a game.

As fix said and it is kinda true: bdo is a single
    player game, understand it.

#243 Szakłak, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    AZzalor likes this.
  4. Asato

I've given plenty, you should do some reading. But nevermind, you wouldn't understand.
    But you still haven't given any answer to those. You ignored them.
    Your brain has limited functions. You're addicted. You're not even softcap, yourself you didn't catch up with the others, and it seems you don't want to or you've been extremely unlucky.

1) You want fairness in a RNG game? I already told you to google that. So you have an idea about how it functions.
    2) You don't know fairness or want any. I don't think you've ever experienced a fair PvP game.
    3) Your only argument "Why do they have to easier time than the old players" is only founded by your pure ego and that jealousy you're feeling. You don't have any logical arguments against that.

And short anwser. Why? -So that BDO gets more new players. So that the game doesn't die slowly or quickly. If a game doesn't get new players, it dies. You wouldn't want to that right? If you like BDO, you would be wanting the game to get more popular and have a good reputation right? BDO right now isn't friendly to new players. They all know they'll hit a brick at some point and they know that's when they stop; even before starting, new players know that (well mostly). Some don't even start.

At this point, I'm starting to ask questions about your mental age AZzalor.
    Be less on forums and try to understand that no one is trying to butcher your favorite game.

5. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

First of all, You are using the wrong word "easier"..You are implying this game has some level of difficulty that is not squashed by level 57. Which can be reached in a week, for most even if brand new to mmo's, have reading competency and just a lil social skills.

I think the correct term is why should newer players have less financial and time commitment dedications then older players for the same advantages?
    Which is a fine question.

Well from a business prospective..it just works, people who play games like to win or stand a chance, without traveling back to a time when mommy and daddy paid all the bills.

Alot, and I mean alot have found a means to game and get paid, I mean streaming for one. Kudos, good job.

Stop assuming this game has any level of difficulty though past learning the basics.

The only reason anyone currently is not above 540 gs is due to sheer lack of Real money financial investment, and time investment..both of which are finite and has nothing what so ever to do with game difficulty, or "having an easier time".

Reigne Irkalla and Asato like this.
  6. Zaolee

How is afk 2 years "effort"?

EFFORT????

Mickinx got recently full tet being afk 90% of time and being insanely lucky. He got most tet accessories on first try.

How is afk and luck effort?

7. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

1) It is fair if everyone has to go through the same experiance as everyone else.
    2) BDO is not supposed to be a "fair" pvp game. Classes are weak against some others and strong against some others again...Also, certain terrain gives certain classes an adventage, it will never be fair. The gear progression is what keeps people playing, take it away and the game will die faster than you can look as there is no reason to play anymore. I don't even know where all this "fair pvp" comes from...there was never a claim that this should ne a "fair pvp" game.
    3) Your only argument is that you want to be competitive with players that played and worked for their gear already for 2 years. It is pure jealousy and ego that you, for whatever reason, deserve to be as competitive as those players within a largely shorter time. You don't have any logical arugments except your own entitlement to get a shortcut for what others needed 2 years. You are jealous of those players, but you don't want to put in the same time and effort as those other players, so you go to the forum and demand to get the same as others. It's the same as seeing someone work his ass off to efford his dream car, you see it, want the same and go complain to the car company that you deserve the car cheaper, only cause you started to work later as that other guy.

8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

1. By everyone else, you mean only you..People have been here less then a year and have 550+ GS...so that makes no since.

2.Yes it is, that is the only thing that keeps people playing otherwise hackers would be allowed.

3.No, that is your only conclusion you have come to based on your bias.
    Somehow you equate real working dollars, and hardwork putting together a car, and someone whom earned, or was given his $$, as an analogy to a game with quite possibly the most restricted marketplace iv seen in an MMO...
    No, fair would be to truly open the MP, that way everyone is on an even playing field.

#248 Kynreaa, Jun 10, 2018
  9. Asato

1) If that same experience is "RNG". I think new players get to experience it pretty quickly. Now if that same experience is experiencing what it is to be addicted to gambling. No thanks. Anyway you still didn't google RNG right? When you've done that. Tell me how is everyone supposed to have "same experience" when luck is involved?
    2) It is then a joke as a PvP game. Class balances are serious issues in any PvP game. The fact that you don't understand that and even think it's normal to have such imbalances in the classes (which seem to be the case if you go read threads about it) demonstrates simply your whole misunderstanding of what PvP is.
    It's sad to see that you're playing BDO to have "gear progression" when it's supposed to be a "mean" to enjoy PvP. You play PvP, you enjoy PvP. You play PvP for the PvP. You don't play PvP for gear progression. You have gear progression so you can enjoy PvP.
    And PvP as a concept, promotes fairness to be enjoyable by both parties.
    3) Your only argument "Why do they have to easier time than the old players" is only founded by your pure ego and that jealousy you're feeling. You don't have any logical arguments against that.
    Your example is bad and you should feel bad. It's not the same; specially because of the factor "RNG". The fact that you take this IRL example means you're past the point of being capable of differentiating IRL and IG.
    Again you don't have any logical arguments and thus you've just picked mine and it doesn't work, because I wouldn't be jealous and I just wouldn't play the game; so far it didn't gave me any reason to be envious, to go "deserve" that thing to be competitive, I have no reason to not take shortcuts (it works wonderfully in IRL). I have no idea about that "competitive PvP (which seems not fair? thus not competitive?)", I haven't bee introduced to the PvP, I didn't take a taste of it in BDO, at best some foggy ideas (as far as I know it seems to have really bad PvP). I have no reason to catch up with you (specially after knowing the fact that I might aswell never catchup). You didn't even catch up with the others as you don't have softcap. You know that after softcap there's hardcap? ... You're not even competitive after 2 years.
    I'm not jealous of you. I'm sad for you; you didn't even reach softcap after 2 years. You're not even competitive. You're not a PvP player, just a wannabe. You have limited PvP experiences and yet you want to talk about PvP. I'm sad when I see someone like you.

10. PeelThat

@Asato , are you even playing the game? since all i can see is that you are on forum 24/7?

and tbh some people say THEIR own opinions about the game, you cant control theirs as they cant control how you are gonna feel about the game
    your posts sounds imo that you are legit trying to brainwash people to make them AGREE with you and your opinons.

calling out people for they enjoy the enhancement because YOU dont like it its kinda lame, it doenst have anything to do with addiction as you trying to talk about

And No dont quote me since im not gonna answer you.

11. Zaolee

Says nolifer who got eather: A) carried by rng with tet accessories. B) Has 0 life and play bdo all day long. C) Spent 2-years in game eather AFK or 1-shotting brainless mobs.

You cant afford to "brag" about pvp when youre carried by gear you got with 0 effort. Yeah everyone can get it as long as you have patience to eather afk or do brainless activities to get there. Everything depends how much total silver you farmed which can be from 15bil to 40bil depending your rng with tet accessories.

If you want to talk about skill based game. You could put reckful back to wow who hasnt played game in 4 years and after 1 month her would be top 0.00001% arena player. Try same in bdo by making new account..

Bdo doesnt reward people who are skilled in pvp but who farmed most pve so they get "carry advantage" to kill opponents who are potentially better than them.

If we had 3v3 arenas with equal gear with ranking systems most veterans wouldnt get even top 50%.

12. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

To be honest, the majority of the progress in this game is made with afk activity's after a certain threshold. Either waiting for sales to go through, processing for a few hours, etc...
    If anything the more time you spend in game, the more you want to attempt to enhance something that is only gonna set you back months of progress within a few hopeful clicks. So coming to the forums, during down time is not an indication of lack of progress in this game...If anything it is willpower not to gamble your progress away.

13. Asato

You're asking questions about me and then you don't want to be quoted? I don't care about your answer.

I care that people are going to forums with their narrow mentality. That they're not trying to be constructive. That they're claiming "truths". That they keep "arguing" with the same questions over and over. That people have so weak arguments. A forum is place to discuss about problems or any topic you want. If you come to a forum to not read or just simply to "bully", "troll", "bury constructive ideas/discussions" without being at constructive. It pisses me off.
    If anything, they're the brainwashers.... oh wait no, they have to be constructive and credible for that.
    I'm a brainwasher? Hell, I need an audience who can read to do that. Those people you say I'm trying to brainwash and make them agree with me? They cannot do that simple task.

I cannot control their opinion, fine. But they shouldn't try to control others opinions and try to bully them because they wanted serious discussions about a topic.
    They didn't want to be upset? Well then they shouldn't start doing nonsense assumptions.

14. Asato

I'm sorry, why did you quote me?

15. JeanJean

You are wrong, or not meaning what you write : bdo was created for Pvp in mind from the very beginning, from the first closed beta ... but is implementation lack behind and actually getting worse and worse : gear becoming too important, pvp fobidden during boss spawns, largest penalty etc

We can predict than increased rates in Arsha will only attrack largest guilds.

Where is the M in mmo ? it's a single player game because nothing encourage partying.

#255 JeanJean, Jun 10, 2018
    Asato likes this.
  16. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Well...sorry to say this, but this game is NOT a pvp game. It is an open world grinding mmo with some pvp elements, that's all.

17. Nyhver

"Asato & others remind me of a little kid who thinks he’s playing a video game, and thinks he’s winning, but his controller isn’t actually plugged in.” - Sam Harris

AZzalor likes this.
  18. Asato

Nyhver then complains that he gets bullied. :O

19. Asato

At last, we agree on that. It's a PvE MMORPG where you play solo 99,9% of the time and has little PvP content only as a bonus at "end game". Claiming BDO the most skillful PvP MMO is stupidity.

20. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

It's neither a PvE mmo, it is a progression based PvX game. I play solo not even half of my time, maybe get some friends?
    Also, bdo has(at least in the mmo genre) by far the most skill dependent pvp, you might not want to realize, but once you get good gear, you will see how skill is needed to fight people, you gear can only get you so far and only helps against noobs.