1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this isn't normal (zero communication)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by irrelevant, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Karnstein

Isn't Kakao contract as a publisher is about to expire?

2. Hyppocritten

@CM Aethon last seen 3days ago. Made me giggle just a little.
    @PM Cool joined june messages:12. Made me lol.

Isteria likes this.
  3. mirg

mirg Znushu Tamer

If kakao doesn't get there stuff together, they will lose the rights to publish this game. As Pearl Abyss did state in a interview that they will renew contracts if the terms benefit each other, or consider other options otherwise. Stated back in August 2017 in a interview in a response to question about self-publishing in other regions. Which basically means: "if we don't get enough money or if you are proven to be incompetent. We will not renew the contract with you" and based on things going so far, kakao is dealing with the incompetency problem, income isn't an issue. Honestly, if Disney owned the rights to this product they would have already switched publishers for the game because who would want to do business with a company getting such negative press?

4. Karnstein

I hope they don't contact Aeria or EA.

Kotaro and Grehm like this.
  5. Tetrinox

Even EA would be better than Kashkow lol.

6. Spartakatz

Yea community managers don't really exist in the game, the GM/CM seem just to be a bunch of very bad informed supporters and forum mods.

They should have a look how it's done at Frontier:
    - regular newsletters announcing important updates and events
    - devs commenting in forum about important issues
    - frequent livestreams with chat where people ask stuff and they actually try to answer everything
    - seperate beta server for new features/milestones where people can test stuff and give feedback

As that's running for over 2 years now like this, you really shouldn't expect any change, just include it as fact for your next decision on what to spend your pocket money on ;)

7. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

Guys if you keep opening more threads and say I cannot reply in all of that is not fair! :D

I am always here! I've just replied on these matters in several threads, but I can't spam them everywhere.
    However, I will write my opinions here as well in this regard.

I am sorry if some of you have these feelings but I have to say that there are many points where I disagree here.
    I personally collaborate with many players and users here form the forums, and thanks to their constructive feedback we gathered a lot of suggestions and ideas to improve BDO among raging posts and passionate detailed ones.
    We share on a regular basis reports on patch notes with all your sentiments and feedback we have gathered, including server issues and users' suggestions.
    I am sorry that many of these "desired" changes didn't see the light yet, but I did what I was supposed to do and more, collaborating closely with veterans of BDO and make sure all voices get listened.
    We send all your suggestions and feedback every week because we want the same as you, improve the game as much as possible.

I am here to build this bridge between you and the developers, but we cannot publish the weekly reports as someone already asked, as the idea has not been approved yet. I hope you can understand that we are doing our best, and unfortunately we can't control everything.

Balmafra, Kasu, Desado and 9 others like this.
  8. 920

920 Ninetwenty Tamer 62 EU

Publishing your weekly reports should be priority number one , better transparency will help gather more players behind you.

Just a quick question , did your reports include any mention of RBF Crashes? They are getting out of hand and utterly disgusting , every RBF i fear i will crash and in 80% of RBFs i do , i will crash. Its not worth it anymore , just dead content. No wonder there is only 1 Battleground that is constantly working with 60 people max when there are at least a couple thousands actively playing this game.

This should be another priority , bringing more incentives for organized PvP via battlegrounds and whatnot.

Ashenvall likes this.
  9. Katsuragi

You're wrong. It's perfectly normal. It isn't correct though.

10. Kusaragii

Thanks for the response. Anyway these weekly reports can be published? I'm sure players would actually be grateful in the transparency. Also, I wish I could see what was mentioned in regards to class balance to PA. I'm hoping Mystic, Striker, and a few other classes are on that list to be balanced.

11. Lomacs

Lomacs Lomacs Tamer 61 EU

Could your team show us what are you reporting?
    We would like to know what is delivery to kr
    Also what about two factor authentification and what about to show us a monthly report.
    You could also try to improve your communication doing live streaming and answering community questions.
    Transparency with your community should be your first objective if we want to see a change.
    Because @CM Yukimura currently i don't see any change since the release of this game by your team.

#51 Lomacs, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  12. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

They simply don't care... And too many people are all too willing to drop money on the game as is so honestly why should they?

This is nothing new, this is how its been...

Findubar likes this.
  13. Rayin

To be honest, if someone is happy with a service, why should they complain for the sake of complaining?
    What you might mistake for a complain such as "Why did you give me this candy that gives +1 movement? you should've rather gave me nothing!" splitted in several threads because the common joe can't stick to a single one as he shall underline his/her opinion in the best way he can find as that one is more important than the opinion of other Joes, is still a feedback. Even if provided in a rough, rude way most of the time.

There are no freebies in games and if those are B2P, F2P or P2P doesn't matter, as events are made in purpose to keep customers happy & kill the usual routine. If a customer is happy, who runs the business is paid off having more customers or keeping them, if not they will eventually move when something better, different or just "new" knocks at their door.

Yeah, there is a category of "always unhappy" people in every sector. Even if you work at a bar, you're a model, you smile a lot, the service that you provide is excellent and your voice is mesmerizing, you'll always find the àsshat that might be inclined to ask you to call your boss because he found a blonde "hair" in his coffee and he's blonde while you're brown, but that's a minority that has nothing to do with a forum.
    One should learn how to filter all the real complains like "Why in this game gear matters? change its core mechanic and make it even for everyone, who cares if those filthy vets played it for longer than me! now that I came in this game it's time to let enter some fresh air and do as i suggest, else i'm going to open 40 more threads about this matter." and distinguish the feedback, which can also be what i wrote above, as for me there's no freebie.
    If you give me shìt for a event, it is in my right to state that they gave me shìt. If i'm unhappy with the current state of class balance because i think that Ninja, Musa, Warrior, Maewha, Kuno needs a overall rework while Tamers should be nerfed to the ground, it is in my right to state so and if users prove me wrong with reasonable, detailed arguments, so be it.
    But if my arguments are reasonable and detailed enough and no one can come up with a decent counter-argument beside all the "Ninja is OP, u should git gud maybe", then you can safely assume that mine is a feedback and not a complain for the sake of complaining.

Even in a hot topic such as P2W vs P4Convenience there's who has his/her own opinions, although users do not respect each other and since are splitted in two extremist factions with their own ideas you can read "white knight" or "whiner" repeated more often than verbs. The fact that the two sides do not agree doesn't automatically mean that one is whining and the other one is right, arguments and proofs are, stating that something isn't true because i personally don't like where it's going and i want to be right so i'm going to call "whiners" whoever doesn't agree with me, isn't really smart from my side.

LordBrasca likes this.
  14. Maizekeen

Because this game is biggest paradox i have ever seen. Even i am good example, in last survey i gave them 1/10 and i still play. And i still sometimes buy a pearl package ... I think Kakao cant do a s**t. They only provide (s**t) service. And they laugh. While giving zero response. And they do not report to PA, or PA is ignoring them. Game is broken, in almost every detail. And for some reason, there is still s**tload of players ingame. And they buying packages ...

15. ambyentlight

I hope so, that way PA will take over we go uncrippled version go full p2w but I'm sure PA will atleast give us better servers.

Kakao with their latest pearl item additions are makeing a last minute cash grab me bets.

Sibyyl likes this.
  16. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

The p2w BS would be easier to tolerate if you could see it went into the infrastructure.

Rozett and Sibyyl like this.
  17. ambyentlight

IKR aslong as servers are stable and they do stuff like ballance the classes and all that its fine. provideing they dont start selling like tet and pen gears straight out in cashshop.

18. BANiSH

Did you have the chance to watch this ? Handling this should be absolute priority. I am sure you understand the impact this is going to have if ignored.

Dunkleosteus, FrozenReaper and mirg like this.
  19. MightyMidgit

MightyMidgit Ranger NA

I'm sure most of us understand that you cannot be everywhere at once, and replying to every single thread that gets created would more more time consuming than practical. That being said, there are a few things that you as CMs could do that would definitely help with communication and transparency.
    • A CM/GM response tracker. Junyoung created a thread which was promptly pinned that posts the important replies from the CMs and GMs. This should never have been something that a member of the community had put together. Now that we have it, it's an amazing help for both you and us. What we need though is a CM/GM tracker. I have seen such trackers on many game forums implemented in different ways. I am unsure how much control your web developers have with the stock forum template you are using for these forums, but here are two ideas that worked well in other games:
      • On the top of every subforum, add an admin tracker that shows the most recent 4 or 5 CM/GM responses so forum goers can locate them quickly. It should show the CM/GM that responded, the thread title, and the time of the response. Selecting it would link directly to the response. It could look something like this:
        upload_2018-2-19_7-56-53.png
      • Have a designated sub-forum where every thread that had received a GM/CM response is linked. No one can create a new thread, but they can select the the threads to move directly to threads that have received responses.
    • End your silence in the suggestion forum. I know you have a policy that you never reply in there because you don't want to sway favor or opinions, but staying silent is actually having a worse effect of making people think that you never go there, no matter how often you say that "you read all suggestions and send the most popular in our weekly reports." Without any visibility that you are there, that is nothing but lip service. You can reply and still stay impartial to ideas. Urge people to build on and improve suggestions. Say you are looking at it. This will do more to improve player creativity and the quality of suggestions.
    • I know you stated that you do not have ability to be public about your weekly reports, but due to the fact that you are the middleman between us and the developers in Korea, this needs to be a priority. Even if you cannot say everything and must sensor some of it, showing some of the material you are sending over will do miracles for player moral.
    Just some food for thought.

Dunkleosteus, Eoten and PootyTang like this.
  20. Kusaragii

Bless their souls.

#60 Kusaragii, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018