1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Lahn Succession?

Discussion in 'Lahn' started by MindBlowing, Jan 30, 2020.

1. MindBlowing

MindBlowing Tamer 61 NA

Now that her succession is finally out, what are your thoughts about it (mainly in PVE)? I'm a Tamer and was considering rerolling to Lahn since she looks fun (Will probably still RR even if it "sucks").

Fateneko likes this.
  2. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

From the looks its still slow, clunky and theres no grab. 80% of all attacks are spin to wins with eternal animations. No way ill swap from awk

Edit:

Ok i saw pvp montage now and statsend montage. Lol... es expected. I wont even try this garbage... lahn is probably the only class whit a succ thats not even an option. Well i dont care, actually im glad i can stay with the blades without a doubt

#2 Buxx, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    T800 likes this.
  3. T800

No Grab, No CC - No good in PvP

All the bonus SA on succession skill, would make it a good PvE class.

Good skill animations too:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pre-awakening kit was weak and unpopular, so it was a tough job to make it better, yet they managed to do it. But the Awakening is still better.

But the new Pearl Shop Costume, which is yet to be revealed - is definitely the most anticipating part of Lahn Succession for me.

Reverielle, Jupto and Foudroy like this.
  4. woots

that's in a way kinda sad xD

But yeah i agree about the succession thought, look nice to try but for that class not sure its more interesting than awak

Eve tho protection everywhere when thoses guys removed everything for the awak... lel.. they make no sense.

And as usual, its annoying to have PA not just replace the mainhand with that succession update because they want to give back a point to the CS skill reset -_-"

T800 likes this.
  5. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

From aesthetic point of view the F skill is awsome. I love how she kicks here weapon.
    I think its this one:
    [​IMG]

Taeguk and T800 like this.
  6. Arvalo

Arvalo Galavant Lahn 62 NA

First I want to say that I do honestly prefer the look of the awakening weapon. ALL DAY LONG. And prior to the tester findings I was NOT interested or excited for Lahn succession. I’ve been saying for a month now that my only interest will be in seeing what the costume looks like, Now it’s kind of like im seeing her in a new light, boosted potential to pvp within a sector that was almost inaccessible prior.

I Watched several videos and streams of pvp tests for Lahn succession last night. The PVP output damage is massive. You have access to much more protection. The substantial reduction in stamina cost when dodging makes it seriously more difficult to pressure Lahn into emptying out the tank.

Lahn succession is a fantastic pvp option. Yes you lose your grab, that’s the trade off. You’ll gain a lot of other options for boosted survivability. Generally the thoughts coming from the lab testers last night was that Lahn position in pvp will be a lot different with this as an option.

In awakening you have solid 1v1, while maintaining a general lack of protections unless you’re flowing to standard kit skills frequently. This leaves you generally exposed to being attacked from behind.

I’ll trade reliable 1v1 for better options in group pvp for sure.

Basically, instead of being a sustain damage combo fighter, whom is easily executed from behind while attempting to Grab chain somebody, you can now explode somebody and dodge/FG/SA your way out to the next target.

The takeaways from the testing:
    Lots of FG/SA
    Longer flight with a new flight initiator
    Very strong burst damage in pvp, but less sustain
    Increased reliability from mobility stamina consumption reduction. (150 down from 250.)
    Animations when properly buffed are faster compared to awakening and more of them are cancelable and therefor less likely to leave you vulnerable.

Dudes, this is exactly what a lot of us have been asking for. It’s really easy to look at this succession and see what you want to, or perceive it negatively if you project your own expectations upon it, but if you really go into it with an open mind and look at what it’s offering you can see the obvious and immediate potential.

Here’s to hoping they don’t nerf the crap out of it.

Warshade Z and Diazine like this.
  7. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

Yeah looks nice and stuff BUT

1. lot of skills have movement in it. will they clip at mobs or go through? huge question for PvE, + can we cancel these at any point? if no, lol

2. some skills seem to have a range "in front of you" dmg area. same question, you pack mobs and pull it off, fmg clipped at mobs or appears behind them?

3. looks heavily ressource thirsty for pvp to keep yourself moving (more than awk right now, and even rn lahn is stam thirsty af)

4. no grab

5. no glaives (kratos style)

6. blackstar pendulum looks like **** (ok imma go stop me here, i get silly)

8. Subarys

- New 100% BSR Lahn Succession :

[​IMG]

- Prime Bleeding Hearts

[​IMG]

- New Spring Breeze + Nimbus Stride

[​IMG]

9. Foudroy

Great ! I love the new animations, thanks for the previews :)

10. bloodpuddle

bloodpuddle Lahn 62

it looks fckn sick

11. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 63 EU

Lahn's awekening does not give much for small/large scale battles as deadly dance if not protected (succ has one that is similar WITH SA), succession is quite good because you dont empty your stamina so fast BUT you need to live without double forward dash which is extremely problematic in succession version. On the other hand you get ALL succ skills protected (SA/FG) and dmg looks like pretty nice.

I've got some fights against ranger and its super problematic to reach such classess now ! But maybe its because Im not used to new Lahn's style.

Definiately gonna try it for like a month and then will decide.

Dmg is good, protections are good, mobility poor, stamina consumption insanely low, no grab hurts. In short

12. Ice04

is there any HP regen to substain in PvE?

13. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

Dmg is really pretty high. And all skill protected...

Two reasons that it'll be nerfwd in no time...

14. Subarys

Just one : Prime Crescent Barrage + 20 hp (same as Pre awakening). Actually it's even worse than pre awakening kit because absolute crescent barrage give you + 25 hp regen.

By the way Kr get lahn succession today.

[​IMG]

Neokii likes this.
  15. Ice04

so i guess Lahn succession is a good PvP option, but is worse for PvE right?

16. Moonlace

Is it me, or does this outfit look like what we already have today in the Pearl shop?

17. Arvalo

Arvalo Galavant Lahn 62 NA

people keep saying this, but your mistaking the simple idea that Lahn class specific costumes all have a specific stylistic design. This would be the 4th one to sport the high hip dress form. (Continuing the sort of Lahn style) however this one has some really awesome design elements such as asymmetrical sleeves and leggings on opposite sides of each other. Additionally this is the first Lahn specific costume to have any sort of cleavage whatsoever. The original costume had that little circle cut out but it’s pretty conservative.

I’d say out of the 4 Lahn class specific costumes this one is the most risqué of the group, but also the most intimidating. I’m really excited for this to drop here.

so while they all have high hip slit dresses, the cut of each results in a unique hang, as well as the fabric, sleeves, boots and other decorum used to dress up the costume are completely original.

#17 Arvalo, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    Fateneko likes this.
  18. ZhenZhen

So is the succession viable for pve or is awakening better?

19. Avonna

i like everything but that bird giving me the side eye.

Aliden, Ofeamoten and ZhenZhen like this.
  20. woots

that succession with like no HP regen... humm.. not sure about that tho, even if that look nice

maybe with full add-on dedicated to HP regen dont know