1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on RBF Blessing of Fortitude

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Stealthe, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

Yup,after a few rbf's it seems it mostly helps the players that was already overpowered by gear or class and immensely the ones with both.

Classes with very high dps that can engage and disengage quickly,easilly while protected are nearly impossible to kill.

But I feel ya Whysoseeryus,awaken wiz was already pretty much a 2 skill kill or die class and since they removed nearly any chance of a 2 skill kill the enemy will just run away and fully heal and come back and repeat til he gets you and unlike your opponent you wont be able to run away so you die.

#21 Stealthe, Jul 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    Souda and drifter bob like this.
  2. drifter bob

as a dk i feel like i lost 50 sheet ap vs some players while still being just as squishy hehe

Username31072031 and Stealthe like this.
  3. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

And why? The easier something is to get the more people will break past that. They obviously have to keep things hard the way they are otherwise people would just hit C20 PEN on everything and quit cus they have nothing left to do. And top of that stuff needs to be hard otherwise it doesnt feel rewarding. Game design basics? Hello? Be happy that the difference between high gear and low gear isnt as outrageous the higher it becomes. You could just as well get the same gear progression as BDO mobile where you cant even kill people that are like 2% stronger than you cus of the way how crazy it scales. Its only the people on the forum posting all day every day complaining instead of working on their gear ingame, who keep complaining about gear being unbalanced.

Chaos Ronin and FairlyEnjoyable like this.
  4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

well, making c20 lets say 3 times easier wont suddenly magically give people pen accessories or some other things. but it will reduce gear gap considerably.

Username31072031 and Fearless V like this.
  5. Ned Sheynji

All that would do is resulting people to hit hard caps. The meta wont change in the slightest, except that people who hit the hard caps will leave the game cus they have nothing more to do.

6. WhySoSeeryus

its way easier to balance if majority of people are few caphras levels away, thats the point.

maybe they should just reduce gains from caphras levels, not the number of caphras itself. so letsay gains from new c20 are what c10 is now, new c5 is what c10 is now.

Username31072031 likes this.
  7. Ned Sheynji

Ah i see now.
    You dont understand that PA does this to preserve the feeling of the endless grind, because you wish for a more equalized approach.
    Well too bad. Aint gonna happen. Because like i said: All you accomplish by doing this is killing the feeling BDO is famous for and turn it into something that is basically every other game out there. Aka a wow clone. Where you just hit caps and then quit the game until the next expansion comes out.

Also reducing the gains from gaining caphras levels makes them
    A. Pointless
    B. way too expensive
    Caphras levels already are comperatively weak except when using them at PEN and even then their silver/stat efficiency isnt very good. Its only DP from PEN armor where caphras really shines.
    By nerfing caphras levels even more you would push people into getting their stats from other, more cost efficient sources. Which would be the thing you despise given your first comment: P2W. People would swipe for other gains instead of going for the purely ingame method of obtaining caphras stones.
    So i like your suggestion. You hate P2W, yet you suggest a solution that encourages it.
    And on top of that you would make the One shot meta even worse. Ya know. The thing PA tries to tone down with this RBF change.

8. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 63 EU

Mmhhh... funny....the rbf in Velia4 was terrible as ever, no difference at all. On Velia 5 it was actually a lot of fun not getting killed instantly and requiring combos to get someone down. Probably it was only because everybody wasn´t overgeared but more around softcap or so but nonetheless, it was the most fun RBF in a long time.

9. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

they should nerf the caphras lvl gains for green gear

#29 Dannyswe1235, Jul 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    Username31072031 and Blitzball like this.
  10. Mattys

I dont get why they add more complicated stuff to the game or layers like that in top of DP. WTF.
    Just delete the insane ap scaling and everything is fine, there's nothing else to do. Make ap brackets apply PvE only and game is fixed for good.

Jinoro and Chaos Ronin like this.
  11. WhySoSeeryus

why? you need to make lvl 20 green to get bonus stats that boss c9 has

12. Pampersjoe-ちゃん

After doing RBF the entire day i came to the following conclusion:
    For reference (297 AP 350 DP (DR build) succession DK, human damage crystal build, EU), tried both with Hunters Clothes and Camo (shame on me for this but it is what it is, and it just is an advantage to be less easily spotted)
    • You can really feel the damage reduction as an assassin type class. It is now close to impossible to quickly assassinate "squishy" targets (e.g. rangers) and get away before you have people piling on top of you.
    • It feels as if witchards and rangers are even stronger now, as they can sustain damage from a somewhat safe distance.
    • Classes with very high protected mobility and damage feel near immortal as they can tank through much more damage, while still dealing damage themselves (talking succ wizards especially here). I personally do not feel much of a difference in tankyness, which is most likely class related.
    • Extremely high-geared players are rediculously more tanky, while low geared players (e.g. trial characters) have little benefit (though I can't kill them in CC+1 skill anymore, which I kind of dislike, as it is somewhat irritating as they almost have less DP than I have AP).
    • And to adress the big elephant in the room: WHY is it a non linear system for HP? It just makes it unnecessarily complicated.
    I personally feel as if this is a way to "test" changes to PvP in a way that is not really harmful to the game and I am horrified at the thought that this might go live for other PvP in the game.
    This feels like a "lazy" way to adress DP related issues but once again - as the many changes in PvP before - do NOT adress the actual problems the game has...
    Don't wanna drag the discussion away from the topic here (:

13. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

well atleast to helmets or nerf the dp of green ult helmets or buff boss helmets

#33 Dannyswe1235, Jul 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  14. WhySoSeeryus

i dont think they will or should nerf or buff existing gear, but they probably will make red quality helmets that will make you swap green helms for sure.

15. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

Every since the 2018 PVP revision, every PVP patch has been ****ing trash. This is no exception.

16. Ned Sheynji

Its clear that this guy never did any math though so... Typical Wizard player i guess. No point in bothering.

And yes and no. I would buff boss helmet raw DP instead and not touch caphras stats at all. But if the helmet of the dead god is obtained the same way armor is obtained there is a decent chance that green helmets will be nerfed automatically in 1-2 years.

17. Hypotermia

1IQ change from 1IQ devs. This is exactly like skills shouldn't have 100% accuracy rate so nerf them to 50% instead of 100%... ROFL.

Yes its noticeable but at the same time its freaking irrelevant when your HP is less than 500 and u got 50% dmg reduction...................................

18. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

Did a few RBF and it was like normal. Your team either roll the other team or vice versa lol.

Although, it seem like that assassin class have a harder time killing you now.

And like always, as an awakened witch, I only engage into a blob with E buff + PA. Other than that, I mostly support with ranged stuff such as blizzard, meteor, fireball explosion, etc. while sometimes diving a few people that my team fight against and it still work as of the new changes.

On the other hand, classes such as succession Wizard is even more stupid with this change lol.

19. Winterklinge

I tried the RBF yesterday for a few rounds on my 490DP(evasion) Shai and its....interesting. I got away with so much ******** I pulled, did run away< from whole zergs without dying, and died like 2 times in the whole rbf because I was so damn tanky. That felt actual really nice and I wish I was half that tanky in the normal game.
    BUT it was horrible to fight against wichards and rangers. They could stay up on the roofs and behind their teammates forever and even could get up without problems after getting CCed multiple times. Very annoying.
    So overall the change was big buff to dp players, a smaller buff to classes that just are natural tankier or have a ton of I-frames and a very clear nerf to class cannons without a ton of I-frames.
    I still need to try it out with my DK...but tbh I don't see me playing RBF with this mode anymore because I use RBF to train with my class and now its like I have different gear on...

20. Blitzball

It's a big nerf to solo assassin classes like Ninja/Kuno/Sorc/Mae. You can't make plays anymore because the TTK ( Time To Kill ) has been drastically increased.
    Usually , you want to target squichy people in the enemy backline like Rangers / Archer / Wiz / Witch. Now , you need do to cleaner combos but you don't have enough time before their allies turn back to you because the 310DP Wizard you're targeting got 50% damage reduction after your first skill.... zzz

In the opposite, ranged classes are even stronger. They can freely DPS because they are much less afraid about being bursted ! :D