1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thread complaining about rigged costume contests

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by waifu, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Zuko

Striker and warrior had best design. Yet they are last. Makes sense.

2. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

We zerkers play game instead of bitching on forum.

Sibyyl and Mgp like this.
  3. Randodom

Randodom Kunoichi 49 EU

Why do I (almost) never see you zerkers ingame then? :D

Dreadhood, TheReason and R.Prescott like this.
  4. PandoraRose

Stop letting the community vote for crap like this. Early on, sure, all fine, but the final rounds should come down to those who have no influence over masses of people. There were so many designs woooorlds better than the winner here. I feel this is going to bite them in the butt big time.

Felyni and R.Prescott like this.
  5. DarthRevan106

How did the worst costume win? O.o

Arvalo and R.Prescott like this.
  6. PandoraRose

Winner is a big artist/youtuber in Thailand.

7. Information

I play zerk since I started this game, and I don't understand how this skin actually won the contest... Not because I dislike the design, but because there is no way we could know what it'd look like ingame, this **** is just a cartoon... And wtf, since when is the zerk a fkn sumo...

8. DarthRevan106

Ofcourse...Now that unlucky and kinda rigged.I guess i know now why ppl call the contest rigged.Srsly though 90% of the outfits made for this contest were better than this.The EU costume for mae oooof.Guess we get this now. ://///////

9. Fhelalr

https://event.playblackdesert.com/global_event/costume_contest_2018/Best

There's no way that berserker costume has won. It was the biggest joke out of the whole entire top 10.
    The entire voting system is rigged just like your summer screenshot contest where literally "a guy riding a camel on the desert" won the summer screenshot contest.

WHAT A BIG JOKE THIS IS.

A lot of people have voiced their opinion about how the voting system should of been done. This voting system allowed players to vote with any facebook / google account as long as you reset your IP which is honestly easy to do. You don't even have to play Black Desert Online to vote.

There is no way that berserker costume should of even been in the top 10. Jokes on PA, they gotta pay $10,000 for a costume that will hardly sell for the ugliest and one of the least played class.

Arvalo likes this.
  10. Winged

I'm sure the winner was chosen by rng, ugliest outfit i ever seen lol.

Arvalo likes this.
  11. Shadez

I thought this was a joke thread until I saw who won. Just in regards to the detail/design/etc, I have trouble seeing that beserker costume in the top 10, much less number one over some truly well drawn pieces.

Arvalo likes this.
  12. Daddy_Please

Everyone complaining and hating on the costume contest... They can just release the stats for the votes from each region and thus end the whole "rigged" scenario. Please there are real issues in the game that could use attention more than people assuming the contest was rigged because they themselves personally don't like or agree with winners costume designs.

One of those things being class bugs like the tamer moonlight issue, or the mystic wolf frenzy getting you stuck inside terrain...

13. Vunak

Vunak DarkKnight 61 NA

Thats why it won

WaifuJanna likes this.
  14. Sibyyl

The only joke here is how much you and most others in this thread are crying about it.

Mgp and Desado like this.
  15. Sibyyl

Quality not quantity.

Every zerk is like a fine martini. Enjoy every moment.. they are like unicorns.. pretty haired unicorns.

Desado likes this.
  16. Randodom

Randodom Kunoichi 49 EU

And with that we go back to "there aren't so many zerks to make the outfit worth"

17. Claydough

LMAO

so bdo costume was decided by a youtube creators 4.6mil subs instead of the bdo community

how does kakao **** everything up every single time?

Arvalo and WaifuJanna like this.
  18. Fhelalr

If your crying about me crying, doesn’t that make you look like a retard?

19. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Maehwa NA

I am going to go on the record and say as an artist I actually appreciate that Zerker costume, I appreciated all the final entries because it was a mixture of something different all the way around the rim. Having said that though, the only community or only thing that is a joke here is how the NA and EU are reacting to the winner.

You can dislike the costume that is your moral right and the beauty of art, it is subjective.
    You can feel the voting should have been handled better, that is a fair point as well.
    You can even feel that no voting outside of the community / staff / and the CEO of PA should have been the case

All sound cases for anger. However where the joke comes in is the huge stink NA and EU made throughout the entire contest. I saw people discrediting artists, I saw people basically plagiarize and justify the plagiarizing on NA side, I saw people think that just because they hand drew pieces they were entitled to a spot, I saw so much ridiculousness and the even weirder part was the same people who always call others trolls for their opinions were apart of the ilk.

Then you all have the nerve to sit here in a thread and complain about the contest winner and how "oh it's not going to sell enough to reciprocate that 10K pot" and you actually believe the rhetoric out of your mouth. Like the salt is so rampant that anything to curve the fact that a costume you may have wanted, or one you thought was better did not win, in compliance to all the clown show antics that went on the entire competition is what you will do, saddening.

I also want to throw the cold stone and say that while many people here might not like the costume, they need not worry about PA's bank on paying the winner. They certainly make more than 10K on the regularly so it was peanuts they parted with. However, I would say some of this energy should be better spent on some of you getting back to your artwork so that you garner more experience, make better pieces, and hopefully win contests of your own or gain notoriety for your work somewhere else. To the others, most of you are constantly complaining about costume designs and yet the one time you had a chance to enter something I bet a plethora of you did not. It is easy to be sour grapes when you never put up anything better, let alone put up something at all.

Cheers to Thailand from NA.

Sibyyl likes this.
  20. Vunak

Vunak DarkKnight 61 NA

I agree to a degree.

People shouldn't be making a big deal out of the costume that won but more of how this whole community event was handled by Kakao and Pearl Abyss. Having plagiarized entries make it into the top 10 and still able to be voted on to win is pretty insane. Having the Global Contest winner win because they are a big youtuber where the votes that were made didn't reflect the communities decision on who should win. People that actually play the game.

I don't agree that people shouldn't make a big deal of it. If its accepted with the way it was ran this time around it only reinforces Kakao and PA's decisions to run the events similarly in the future. But if they get backlash against it rather than quiet acceptance it will hopefully cause them to rethink their decisions on this event and make changes for future similar community events.