1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to change the absurd enchantment system.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Evri, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Theafterwar

Right but you don’t need carrack to make good money. 200m is good to start off. You can get soft cap super quick. 200m from just barters then 2-3 Manos per week you can sell. Also you don’t need Manos for bartering that’s a waste. I just sell all mine.

2. Ternezia

Ternezia DarkKnight 60 EU

I am also F2P, I bought the game and a hedgehog, that's it. I currently have 169 energy because I am new. I have 3 characters. Right now I feel it's enough energy to do all the gathering I need, besides I don't have time to put too many hours into the game. I do all exploration and knowledge obtaining stuff, including book reading. I don't plan to enhance, I plan to buy stuff from the marketplace. I am doing pretty good with silver and it keeps adding up.

IMO the problem comes from the incorrect approach to the game. This game is slow, very slow grinder for people that enjoy grinding, lifeskill, exploration, who enjoy the road, not rushing to the final destination. To win, what means to win? You want to become full PEN in a few months? Not going to happen. You feel that the enchanting intentionally stops you from progress? Wrong, enchanting is optional. If there are other ways to achieve the same, then the game is fine. "But there's no guarantee the item I need will be on marketplace". Yes, that's why it's meant to be difficult to obtain, one way or another.

IMO many people have a bit distorted idea of "win". I am not very sure what they want exactly, but this stops them from just enjoying the game and makes them feel angry instead.

Bro.... :( Then the problem is in you, not the game. There are games for different types of personalities, find the game that fits yours.

Mimimimi likes this.
  3. Lurea

- Crone stones, item stays the same lvl or not be destroyed.
    - Make a fail stack to increase succes chance.

Do they make it hard to level stuff up successful? Yes.
    Do they also give fail stack scrolle's like hot hotcakes? Also yes.

It is a pain at times. But if you get the hang of it it isent really a problem till you get it all to TRI. After that it gets a bit harder to TET it all. And then PEN is a absolute nightmare. But then again. They want max gear to be really hard. The only thing that's a pain is mem frags. If they would get those out of the way, and stop decrease in max dur. That would be nice. At least then you would be able to just give upgrading a go if you get the mats.

BUT, they make a lot of money on mem frag with there artisan mem frag from the pearl shop. So i doubt they would change that.

Then what?
    Make the game have the option to have a subscription option. Play free, play the game as it is now.
    Pay a monthly fee? Get no pura lose on items if you upgrade + Get the same effects as Value pack.
    PA and Kakao would get a constant revenu stream. Probly larger then they have atm (if they make the price right). And we get to bypass the annoying stuff.

4. Lurea

Ummm, nearly everyone in the game has most of the map scouted. Ppl generally like to explore :p
    Fabel, The Witcher, Elder scrolls, WoW, Everquest, even stupid games like PUBG, ppl wanted to drop all over just to see what that place looked like. Exploration is one of the biggest things in any sandbox game or MMORPG :p

Jinoro and MoonDance17 like this.
  5. Findubar

They know enhancing is **** but that'show they make money. Gambling is profitable. On the other hand, it's also the laziest way to inflate play time in a content devoid game. So easy to do+profitable = perfect money making machine so they won't change it. All the new content they release aka classes revolve around this loop.

Lurea and Ben Phoenix like this.
  6. Cal Reveraster

I personally put about as much money into it each month as I would for a sub fee for another game, and that has done fine for me because I'm in no rush.

All games gate you behind time restraints in one form or another. Some do it in the form of artificial, actually-impassable mechs like FFXIV does with tomes, and some soft-cap you. One way or another, the game makes the attempt to force patience. This isn't just for a cash grab, its also to prevent players from getting to cap and getting bored. That situation is literally why Maplestory 2 just died.

The problem is that when presented with the option to bypass patience through a cash shop, people feel exploited because we feel we should have the right to get past the wall just as fast without the help.

But the reality is that the game is designed to either ask for your patience, or your money. At least it's not asking for both like some games do :P

7. Evri

Evri Lahn 61 EU

After failing 2 more basilisk belt TRI I believe now my accounts has been definitely blacklisted, flagged, rigged, whatever you wanna call it. So I decided to delete both accounts NA and EU. If one day they change the rubbish system they know its ****. I'll wait for the game to be free again and pick it up.

Need to delete the forum too. I guess support can do that.

8. KeK0011

KeK0011 62 EU

ya man defo !

9. xxmydayxx

it is so annoying. 10 attempts with 70% each and all failed, so here something is wrong with the probability, at least there should be 100% security for your improvement at least

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  10. Ben Phoenix

This system is toxic, it makes people frustrated, many quit just because of the RNG BS. PA should definitely do something about it. Reward people for their effort and the time they spend on trying to progress, enough with probability and the credit card shortcut. Jeez, it's supposed to be a game.

I feel for you, sorry you had to experience that s***.

sajdas, Joungf and MoonDance17 like this.
  11. Beeso

I have this theory; the less you care the luckier you get, it works most of the time. Only downside is it could take time...but that shouldn't be bother since you don't care anyway, right?

Ben Phoenix and Joungf like this.
  12. Joungf

Since open beta till right now I never had luck in BDO. Neither from any box, enchanting, black spirit board game nor from drops. I just do not care. Easy.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  13. sajdas

so far (3.5 years), had luck from rng only twice :/

14. Ben Phoenix

Really? That sucks =/

sajdas likes this.