1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tip for defending your grindspot against red players without loss of booster time

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Misuzie, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Misuzie

Tag up with one of your alts before grinding at a spot. The alt you tag up with must not care about losing experience on death.

Now go with your main and check if your grind spot is available. If it is, go ahead and claim the spot. Activate experience boosters, and have a blast!

When a red player decides to steal your grind spot by killing you, and you know you are not strong enough to send him to jail, swap to your alt and keep killing mobs there and let him kill you whenever he tries, until he eventually gives up.

The benefits of this approach:
    • The buffs on your main are paused, so you can continue your grind after the red player is dealt with.
    • You have nothing to lose on your alt. If he attempts to let you suffer a PvE death, you couldn't care less.
    • You cannot lose experience or crystals on your main if you play on your alt.
    • The red player keeps losing karma and goes deeper and deeper into the red.
    • Afterwards, you can just swap back to your main and grind like nothing has happened.
    This approach is especially beneficial if you run 530% boosters and other important stuff you don't wanna waste time on.

Happy grinding!

2. Rinnagans

Nice! Thank for the tip, now I can karma bomb and sent red player to jail :p

Misuzie likes this.
  3. NoisyBoy

Just lol, that just shows how much karma needs to be fixed. Nice attitude btw

#3 NoisyBoy, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    Vunak, Mana_Mafia, Claydough and 11 others like this.
  4. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

Or just drink some git gud and git gud... yikes dude.

5. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

He is not wrong thought.

Assume that i am a 269ap player doing aakman and some1 comes into my spot and starts killing my monsters.
    He ll kill slower for sure, but this will affect my income.
    How many times can i pk him before i am forced to give him the spot?
    Removal of xp loss on pvp death was a ****ing mistake.

Vunak, Mana_Mafia, GAiNZ and 7 others like this.
  6. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Aka how to become a karma bombing piece of **** for dummies.

If im about to go red i go full red. -1 is the same to me as -1M and it cant get any lower than that. Im not letting karma bombing shitters have their way with me.

#6 Ned Sheynji, Aug 8, 2019
    TMQ, Mana_Mafia, Luxea and 7 others like this.
  7. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Do you not realize that you can often do the same thing if you are in the opposite situation, I mean having a killer alt and keep your grinder clean?
    :D

8. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

And what if i don't have alts?

9. Auxey

If you don't have any alts at all, you play the wrong game. If you don't at least run one alt with equal gear like that of your main, which OP obviously expects, you have a life and are most likely not a basement dweller.

Grehm likes this.
  10. Merroky

Merroky Skyy Lahn 62 EU

This Thread must be renamed into "professional Karma Bombing Tips" or something like that...
    reads more like how to abuse Karma System...

11. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 62 EU

To be honest, if someone comes to my grindspot and starts killing me karma bombing is fine because I was there first and I don't like to be bullied away.
    Likewise I try to avoid running into anothers rotation but if I do I either leave or ask for a duel.....and leave then because I probably loose anyways ;)
    Karma bombing is only an issue because some people are either ignorant or bullies.
    I also vote for people loosing karma for attacking someone while being afk on a horse (or the game should make anyone invincible for PVP while being afk for more than a minute or so)

12. Kaylynae

Kaylynae Keloh Lahn 62 NA

I have some problems with that kind of thought. I agree with you in some way but not totally. Personnaly, I'm very happy they removed it, because i'm not that kind of player who enjoy mess with someone's rotation.

When you struggled to level up like I used to, back to that time, it was a catastrophy to lose progression. Just remember three years ago. Remember how much longer it was just to up 50-55. Not everybody could play all day long.

I remember how discouraging it was, when I lose an hour of xp at sausan to some "Git gudd! noob." players who rather kill low level (more easy ins't it?) than go for real pvp. I don't know if they need it to feel good, but damn! it really was a plague.

I usualy don't care about that kind of thread. It make me laught to see how much karmabomber's trying to legitimate their actions. I agree, it's pretty boring to lose our grinding spot to someone, but it's not a reason to come back again and again.

When someone kill me, I came back for revenge. He kill me again? fine! I (try to) ask this person if he will stay a long time or if I can come back later. Depending the answer, I go elsewhere or switch character to keep my buff up.

But unhappilly, not everybody has the same phylosophy.

(Sorry for syntax, grammar etc errors. English's not my first language)

Edit : Can someone explain me why, oh! why, when you get killed by someone, this person need to insult you? I mean, you win mate. Why insulting me? you jumped on me. It's not supposed to be me that insult you instead? why anyway need to insult. I mean, I know i'm not good in pvp. I know I need some pratice... you don't need to remember me, thx!

#12 Kaylynae, Aug 8, 2019
    Stillwaters, Fateneko, Grehm and 2 others like this.
  13. Amirite

I understand the OP point and why he might be doing. Why not try to protect yourself as much as possible in this game??

The PvP fail in BDO, when it comes level up and you loose xp (and maybe all your cargo in a wagon) if you get killed by another player. If you didn't lost any XP in PvP, I am sure we would have a lot more getting into PvP in the daily. That's just my opinion.

Don't use that git gut for pvp, that is so 2005....or fake news.

/GF

14. Darlgon

Just curious. Why people complain about karma bombing? Isnt that why they go red and kill people who never flagged up against them? So, why complain when people provide the negative karma they obviously wanted by dying to them repeatedly? This guide sounds like the perfect solution for both players.

Amourie, Fearless V and Columba like this.
  15. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

Well i have alts for energy dump, but not over lvl 30.

16. BDOHASPVPOHNOES

What are you going to do when I don't flag up to kill you but just show up to out grind you?

Other way around for me, usually the kids I kill get mad and start name calling, can't deal with PvP in BDO.

Ardains and Sidina like this.
  17. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

What about when someone starts stepping into a grind spot someone is clearly in decides to be the bully and not leaving when the other has clearly bested them more than once? It goes both ways. The bully isn't the PKer by default.

Uhhhh. You don't lose xp to PvP. Git gud. Fake news, huh?

Sidina, NoisyBoy and BDOHASPVPOHNOES like this.
  18. Foo

Foo

it's again another problem having a gigantic range of players in different AP breakpoints all farming in the same area

19. Amirite

lol true, but if you can't grind you don't get any xp on your spot..so you lose time and no xp.

20. Misuzie

I fully agree with this. We need some more grind spots with AP requirements between fogans/nagas/gahaz and aakman/hystria/etc. The gap is too large.

Fearless V likes this.