1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tip for defending your grindspot against red players without loss of booster time

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Misuzie, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Kaylynae

Kaylynae Keloh Lahn 62 NA

:D...<3

2. LithicForm

omg this thread is still going. what an absolute train wreck.

Kill, or be Killed

/thread

BDOHASPVPOHNOES, Columba and JM like this.
  3. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

Doesn't matter if they say anything or not. Flagging up and killing someone is an act of aggression. Acts of aggression frequently provoke reciprocation. Without provocation there would be no reciprocation.

You want to protect efficiency of your rotation, fine. However, others you come across may not agree with your sense of entitlement. Some may believe it's a public spot and they have as much right to be there as you do. Just like when you're on public roads and there's traffic, you're not entitled to get to work efficiently without interruption. Once you start provoking others with aggression, some may get out of the way but many are going to reciprocate. It's an inevitable reaction.

4. NoisyBoy

As i already said dont try to compare games with real life. The i bought the game so i have the right to do whatever i want regardless of others is just what egoistical kids do. And as bad as mindless killing people.

BDOHASPVPOHNOES likes this.
  5. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

I agree, you have the right to do whatever you want. However, there's a human behind every playable character so there's human emotion behind every action and resulting reaction. It's no surprise at all that some reactions in a game are going to mirror reactions in real life. The only way human emotions aren't going to play into things is if you only play against AI.

Fearless V likes this.
  6. NoisyBoy

Sure dude, we can talk about human interactions, that something i see its missing here. People care about their ass be either killing every other or karmabombing.
    But i can kill a whole server and it doesnt mean im aggressive irl. Ofc some emotions are going to mirror it, but still the majority of people i met in this game is over ~30yo and able to differentiate between games and rl

BDOHASPVPOHNOES and Kauni like this.
  7. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

So you are saying if someone enters a DANGER zone then there is no reason to expect any kind of aggression? What is the purpose of the in-game warning then?
    Seems like it doesn't matter what people want to believe... they have a clear message what kind of area they are entering.

BDOHASPVPOHNOES likes this.
  8. bloodpuddle

bloodpuddle Lahn 62

um that's a well known fact, we in 2019 now not 2016. it's also well known that red players lose exp on a pvp death. which is why i'm asking if that was removed? was it removed? if so when?

9. LithicForm

it was removed? I think you still lose exp on pvp death outside of the desert

10. Columba

A little communication and avoiding others’ rotations go a very long way to make the game enjoyable. If someone wanders into a place where I am minding my own business, I politely let them know how long I will be, and that I will let them know when I leave. 90% of the time, they thank me and move on. The 10% make the game interesting. I actually like an occasional fight. I won’t leave, but at least I get some pvp practice.

Maginha and Kaylynae like this.
  11. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

I won't name any game as you completely missed my point.
    I'm just saying that the bad guy is the one who decided to disturb the guy who was on the spot first : how he does it (KS, PK etc.) and how the other reacts is totally irrelevant.

Columba likes this.
  12. Columba

Agreed. Putting in more penalties for dying in pvp than today will open up an entire Pandora’s box of griefing. While there may be some bad sportsmanship , termed as so called “Karmabombing,” reducing the mild inconveniences to placate a few pk hungry kids isn’t worth opening up a massive amount of lowbie griefing that will happen if pk deaths penalize lowbie players even more than today. There were good reasons that this game removed exp deaths from pvp shortly after launch, and there are good reasons why most other games don’t have harsh penalties for pvp deaths. Go play on Arsha or play EVE if you get off on that.

13. LithicForm

All I personally want, is for positive karma limit to match negative karma limit. 1M in both directions.

14. NoisyBoy

They should lower losses when you have same gs/level thought

15. BDOHASPVPOHNOES

Walking into someone else's rotation and trying to out grind them is also an act of aggression, one without penalty.

Says the wannabe victim...

I didn't use anything out of context, they minced their own words, you should read more carefully.

People like you have a hard time discerning videogames from reality. Just because someone plays a violent videogame, like Black Desert Online, doesn't make you into a murderer.

#275 BDOHASPVPOHNOES, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2019
    NoisyBoy likes this.
  16. Columba

they should eliminate the ability to remove armor in a fight and/or the mechanic that increases karma losses based on GS differences

17. BDOHASPVPOHNOES

I have problems with bullies in Battlefield V where I'm only trying to collect unlocks and addons to my weapons, but the other players won't let me, they keep killing me.

It gets locked away for a reason, you want to avoid PvP it costs not being able to experience certain parts of the game, obviously.

What's more enjoyable, the talking or the PvP practice? I prefer the PvP if I want to talk I can do it right here on the forum or Discord.

You won't name any because you can't.

#277 BDOHASPVPOHNOES, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2019
    Kauni likes this.
  18. Columba

Both!

19. BDOHASPVPOHNOES

Removing the old penalty without replacing it already opened up Pandora's box of griefing. Now everyone can grief anyone regardless of gear score, you just have to have more patience than the other guy.

I'd also like to point out that it's more likely there will be less player killing as a result of adding a PvP death penalty due to the fact people won't be running back to their deaths so quickly or even at all as a result of it. So in the end, less griefing from both player killing and karma bombing, while not removing the ability to do either entirely.

No one is asking for harsh penalties, you didn't ask for harsh penalties, but you suggested to add more and they were good suggestions. Black Desert Online would do well if it had a "karma" system like EVE has, where there are penalties all around.

Kauni and NoisyBoy like this.
  20. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

when i have bufffs running i prefer talking, if i have no buffs running i don't mind the practice.