1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tip for defending your grindspot against red players without loss of booster time

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Misuzie, Aug 8, 2019.

1. BDOHASPVPOHNOES

...and that's their choice to use their time and cost themselves money in order to penalize me. So if I chose to kill them, I get penalized twice. Loss of karma for the actions I chose and loss of time/money for the actions of this other person. The other person loses nothing more than what they already decided to give up. This is why the system isn't balanced, one side can inflict loss while the other can not.

No thanks are necessary, because that is not an abuse of the karma system, in fact, it's not abuse at all.

Kauni and NoisyBoy like this.
  2. BDOHASPVPOHNOES

Is that abuse or someone just willing to live with the penalties they've been given?

Edit: Sorry I see you meant that as a joke, my bad xD

NoisyBoy likes this.
  3. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

I like you! I time from time did the same thing with my -1 Mil Karma Witch. -1,000,000 Karma nothing more to lose.

4. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

PvP in ESO and GW2 says otherwise. Skill -> Class -> Gear -> Level. I know that's a very strange concept to you that only hop from one P2W Korean MMO to another.

Both ESO and GW2 will far out live BDO because of their superior model. Just mark my words on that!

5. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Besides the fact that it's not Skill > Class > Gear > Level in ESO or GW2 (even tho closer in GW2), you do know that statistically both games are worse than BDO, right?

Avg. Monthly Queries on Google: BDO 10+M | ESO 6,5+M | GW2 6+M
    YouTube Videos: BDO 6+M | ESO 1+M | GW2 3+M
    Twitch Followers: BDO 660+K | ESO 250+K | GW2 250+K
    Players: BDO ~10M (worldwide) | ESO ~3M | GW2 ~1,5M

Besides the fact that the player base bs is faked by every company, none of this games has 200+k players, if one of the games does, then it's BDO due to KR players. ESO had many up and downs and still the only game around that struggles the most with bots. GW2 has probably best balance but at the same time one of the most boring games ever with very limited and poor content. GW2 is also the most non-transparent about their playerbase for a reason.

Regardless you are trying to compare 3 dead games meanwhile BDO is the least dead one here.

#365 Kauni, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    NoisyBoy likes this.
  6. NoisyBoy

You shouldnt assume things since i played gw2 a lot and almost didnt spend any money in Bdo,But ill explain it anyways: ascendeds are better than exotic, i know this is a difficult concept for someone who only fights on forums so ill put easier pinky one is rarer than orange one (And has better stats):O:O:O

#366 NoisyBoy, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  7. JSXShadow

Or be a Lahn, jump in, OS all the groups you want to grind, and yolo, since nothing can catch you anyways. #KS4Life

Some ppls rotation is hyper garbage xD

8. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

5% better than exotic, not like BDO where PEN is a whole another world from TET. Also my point I made before still stands.

9. NoisyBoy

I will ignore the korean mmo **** cause its stupid enough as it is. Did you know most mmos are about upgrading your gear so you can access to better and more rewarding content? Noone talked about balancing in bdo as we all know is ****. So whats your point? Make sense before trying to taunt someone dude.
    Also as i didnt play eso i inform you there were gear requirements in certain dungeons and fractals in gw2, also level was of utter importance, almost didnt see any skill test and if some random guild wanted to raise their alts in WvW you could lose a ton of firepower. At least you tried.

10. 6footgeeks

This wont work nearly as well as the OP claims.

thing about a red player is that they don't really care about going 'deeper into red', especially since you reach max negative karma within a few kills.

will it affect their income? sure, but definitely proportionately similar to how it affects yours, and a 'RED' player already takes that effect into account so that really doesn't affect his expected income. In fact, if hes able to OH you it affects his income even less than they thought. Stolen mobs isn't even that painful, you just extend into another rotation to compensate for the stolen mob. that the beauty about being red.

Hell, if they're really that geared, chances are you're fighting THEIR ALT. a LOT of dedicated red players have a dedicated red alt. Myself included, that we switch to when we want to pk.

Im a staunch supporter of the idea that the devs made the karma system this way because they shot themselves in the foot when they made the game completely 'player nation' dependant instead of 2-3 faction for PvP, and that the current karma system is the best way to keep OwPvP balanced as it takes away the importance from both gear and player skill and puts it into stubbornness instead and hence unaffected by p2w. the most toxic solution but the best they have.

Fearless V likes this.
  11. Noobcake1990

**** it. Equal opportunity is the best way to go. Those complaining about karma bombing can continue. It is music to my ears. You're not special snowflakes. I love the system they implement here in BDO. Patience is true open world PVP. If you are high geared and grinding in spots where newbs can grind effeciently (or not) you still dont get to tell others who paid for the game how they should spend their time on the game. I hope they never change this and if staff read this remember this system keeps new players in the game which equals $$$$.

If you want real pvp go play another game that is balanced for it.

Happy grinding everyone!

Misuzie, Fearless V and Columba like this.
  12. Synsei96

I think the best way to deal with karmabombing would be to devise a system to combat it for example:

You go kill someone you lose karma, you kill the same person you lose karma, you kill the same person a third time you lose karma and the person you killed 3 times in a grind spot is teleported "medically transported" to a main city.

Now here is where the good part comes into play if they come back to the same grind spot on the same server a 4th time and die a 4th time in a row to the same player the "killer" will lose karma of course,(you killed someone, duh) but the person that was killed will be sent to the hospital and have to stay there for lets just say 30mins, escape, or do quests to get out of the hospital. Basically a griefer jail.

One more thing: elions tears dont reset death counter but do make it where that death doesn't count.

13. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

It's actually the opposite. I personally know some people who wanted to start BDO (because no good games out there) since I told them it's "actually" a good PvP game and they quit. Since there was no PvP and only stupid running circles engaging kids who were only willing to leave when mum calls for dinner.

Why not grind in PvE games without PvP mode instead? There enough games to do that, with WAY BETTER PvE mechanics.
    I'd honestly insta quit BDO if you show me an MMORPG where I can work on my class/character and build it up for PvP with the combat BDO offers.

WoW classic is out. Come in 1-2 months when it's dead and people return :^)

Maginha and NoisyBoy like this.
  14. Synsei96

I mean we got "bandit" jail i think "griefer karmabomber" jail is a good idea.

15. NoisyBoy

People is criying they get killed in a OwPvP game....they would spam endlessly vs this

16. Synsei96

So is that a no to that idea? I just thought it was a good way to kind of implement the duel for spot kind of gameplay with an actual gameplay mechanic. Any suggestions or changes? Lets brainstorm a way to prevent karmabombing but still have a way to "punish" (i use that word because i think of a better word) players that flag.

17. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

This kind of an idea was suggested several times, just a better version of it :-P

Regardless, the game is so dead you can grind wherever you want pretty much. Especially now after WoW classic release... I mean why do you think they give us lootscrolls event now? :^)

18. Columba

So called karmabombing has never been an issue for people who know how to play...

Fearless V likes this.
  19. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Don't need to thank me. I am glad I could help you out :-)

20. Darlgon

Lol. Not sure where you made up your numbers, but that last one for players must be from Steam. Most GW2 players log in thru the game client and blow off Steams overhead. Same with ESO. BDO playerbase for NA is FAR lower than GW2. Maybe it includes the Far Easterners that have a superior version of BDO to NA/EU.

BTW, here is a true Google Analytics for you. ESO in the lead by a lot.

GA.jpg

#380 Darlgon, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    Fearless V likes this.