1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To BDO GM's, CM's & Staff Thank You

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by trams87, May 10, 2018.

1. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Thanks for an actual positive post. Needs more of this in this toxic ass forum.

FadedSky, Smileybones, Jaeger and 3 others like this.
  2. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

How can you even claim that without knowing what the full overhaul is going to be like. As of right now the game is complete and utter garbage. And if the direction is actually to make the PvP resistance based then it is going to stay complete and utter garbage.

'Partly' lol. You mean fuсking over the game beyond any recognition ever since AP scaling, CC changes and renown score were introduced (which is way more back than we get compensated for). Currently the game is factually unplayable and a proper test server would have been more than reasonable instead of forcing the active playerbase to do afk stuff or flat out quit the game.

And yes, people tend to not being able to accept changes which make the product 10 times worse. Does that actually come off as a surprise.

3. Berzerker

I suppose it's easy to approve of changes and praise them when they don'taffect you.
    Quite frankly if you're not an established pvper with extensive knowledge I don't think you're in the position to have an opinion about them.

4. Alexandrious

I know they are doing more changes, but I gotta be honest with any white knights left here, any defending of these changes, just makes you look like a complete idiot. I am sorry but this is the exact kinda thing a PT server is for. In a properly monitored and developing MMO, you would have a Test Server to do entire tests on, make sure it works right and looks good, then put it into the live servers. You dont just friggen roll out parts of changes over the course of four, if not several weeks, breaking things entirely until you reach the end result. Thats just completely irresponsible and stupid. A proper MMO Dev would have a Test server, and would have tested ALL the intended drastic changes at once, or at least partial bit by bit but on the TEST server, then when its all done and ready to go and feedback is generally good, they put it on the Live servers.

But you white knights are naive enough to defend this ****, while paying to be the god damn Beta testers. Disgraceful.

I know damn well if at the end of these changes things are still bad or worse, not many people will be playing anymore, I sadly, am forever shackled here, until my girlfriend decides enough is enough on this game. So I damn well hope things get better.

Irijia likes this.
  5. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Because I can see the bigger picture. Right now everyone is freaking out about SA/FG being gone and being cc'd.... when next week they are removing and changing cc and what skills have it.

That alone will help balance things so you dont have classes like mystic warrior valk basically immune to cc and jumping into groups of people and just throwing out protected skills then using movement to escape unscathed.

Of course all that will likely be adjusted even further in the future as well. And once they have that all in place and functioning they will revisit Renown no doubt if its still an issue, which it will be I have no doubt.

People dont understand that they have to do this step by step if they just throw out all of it at once its harder to identify where stuff needs to change. By doing it the way they are doing it they can identify each week what works what doesn't and plan to fix it.

I think this all could have been done differently for sure. But I will wait till they are done before I pass judgment.

Freaking out at each change every week when you know it will drastically change again next week is short sighted and ignorant.

6. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

do maths all you want, the fact is people are unhappy - ITS A FACT ITS NOT MY OPINION.

Unhappy people = less money. Look everywhere around the forum and more importantly LOOK IN GAME.

wow really no **** Sherlock , can you get any more obvious? I don't think any of that was a secret and i haven't said "IM IMPORTANT TO KAKAO WITHOUT ME THEYRE DED LEL" you're just IMAGINING AND ASSUMING THINGS AND ARGUING WITH YOUR OWN DELUSIONAL ASSUMPTIONS

have i even claimed otherwise? Again, you're MAKING UP THINGS AND ARGUING WITH YOURSELF. I've never said "PEARL ABYSS CARES ABOUT ME CUS IM THE GREATEST PVPER LUL"

btw i actually have double digit numbers of people actually talking to me on discord or in game and telling me they agree with me and tripple digit number of people supporting my forum posts so clearly there's a lot of people that "give a bloody fu" and you chosing to ignore them is not my problem

Its actually painful to read how full of yourself you are barging in here with all this strut and thinking "I'LL SHOW THEM HOW SMART I AM". Literally anyone with any basic form of intelligence can see through your post. In your entire post you didn't say anything

How will you ever know? They never actually catered to players like me. In an alternative reality where they listened to someone with a clue bdo was a smashing success because people from other games heard about how good bdo is and it already looks good so they all came to play the game. You wouldn't know what would happen if they catered to "players like me. Saying it's "certain way to lose far more money" is another assumption and it's a baseless and dumb assumption while at it too.

I play the game and i talk to people inside the game, i know how the game is like and i know how the game could be more popular and the same thing can't be said about you. I actually have game sense from playing mmos my entire life and i've no-lifed on the internet for so long and i've literally had thousands of people in my friendlist over the past 15+ years and i've talked to even bigger amount of people so i pretty much have an idea how to make a game successful and how to please a higher amount of people which is more than you can say about yourself. You're just some random forum guy who won't reveal his in game name cus he's ashamed of who he is in game because he knows he isn't good , skilled or knowledgeable enough to compete on a high level so the only thing he has left is to slander and trashtalk on the forum with no backbone or credibility or coverage.

Why don't you ask for some official numbers and see how many new players stick to the game and how many players will be left in the game after all these changes? Not only the game will lose people and money (which automatically already proves me right cus if the move was good it wouldn't make them lose both in the short and in the long term) but pearl abyss already destroyed it's credibility with the majority of the community.

#26 irrelevant, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
  7. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

I asked you how you can possibly posess the insight on how the changes are going to look like in the end and your answer is 'because I can see it'. Nice meme, dodge, troll - either of those.
    That could have been easily achieved by adjusting the old system like it was suggested from people multiple times already.

You have no doubt? You're putting quite a lot of faith into a company that had nothing but complete fuсkups over the course of the last half year.

No, people understand perfectly fine. What however isn't understood is the fact that instead of utilizing a test server they shove partial updates to live and thus break the entire game for months to come.
    Just hoping for the best and putting all your faith in someone like Pearl Abyss with the track record they have is at the very least equally ignorant and shortsighted in my book.

8. Alexandrious

And the bad part about all this is, they are doing these changes, spite their is a bigger picture involved, thus pissing off a majority of the playerbase, right as BLESS is around the corner, and BLESS is just the start, are they gonna do drastic changes making us beta test everytime a new/REVAMPED mmo comes out? Likely not, but regardless was a poor business decision to make, gonna have alot of players leaving to BLESS and likely not coming back, they should have waited to test these changes on us a month after BLESS release, or friggen made a Test server and tested it all god damn there.

Sighs.....oh well.

9. Celensra

Is it sad that I knew this post would devolve into needless fighting before I finished reading the title...lol?

Anyway, I can appreciate your opinion without hurling insults at you for thinking differently than I do. I think most of us grew accustomed to the honestly, very flawed system we used to have and since it's gone and literally everything has changed, it's utterly terrifying...at least, for me. I can respect them changing things to try and achieve a better experience for everyone but not the methods they've used. I feel as though these things haven't been tested and the entire game has become the test server. I guess that's how games like Overwatch do things too though. I just hope I love the new Black Desert as much as the old one. I spent two years practicing with my class and I can't do a thing now...

10. Sizer

Sizer Kilgannon Maehwa 62 NA

lol

eitheldin likes this.
  11. Jensen

every time they doee something incredibly stupid, you see one of these thread pop up, i remember the one when all we got from the boss armor box was red nose

PA employee could come to your house, and shlt in your mouth, and you would see a thread like this on the forum

Alexandrious likes this.
  12. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

First of all its wasn't a dodge they literally are telling you what they are doing and why. It is not my fault you lack the ability to read and understand what their goal is and then formulate a general idea of what their end goal is.

They stated why they couldn't just modify the old system. Again this goes back to you not reading what they said.

You took what I said out of context as well. I didn't say I have no doubt they wont ****up, I said I have no doubt that if renown is an issue they will adjust it. Just like they did the second week of it.

What else can you do besides hope for the best? If it doesn't turn out and is **** owell time to move on. My life doesn't revolve around BDO.

Also you took another part out of context again... its like you can't f@cking read and comprehend what you read. I agreed saying they could have done all this different yet you you reply with: "No, people understand perfectly fine. What however isn't understood is the fact that instead of utilizing a test server they shove partial updates to live and thus break the entire game for months to come."

13. Columba

Hear hear. THANK YOU!

14. Columba

Careful, he may just interview himself going on an anti ranger rant!

15. Columba

Hahahaha. Well the rest of us pay the bills, not you elitist know it alls.

Alicia Dominica likes this.
  16. Mwogla

There are happy people too!

For the most part, they don't feel to express their opinion on a forum, they have fun playing the game instead. So if some forum user acts up as if his/her personal opinion on things is the opinion of the majority of the playerbase, it's just a rather awkward attempt at opinion making. All those people here on the forum are a minority of the playerbase, those guys ranting in /world and /serverchat ingame doesn't represent it either.

This hops from personal assumptions and opinions to assumptions and opinions of "the people" for the sake of plausibility are just funny to read, nothing else. If I've to read something like this, i'll stop by an instant to take it serious.

If that forum user wants to be heard, then he just have to take care of this aforementioned "hops" in his/her postings.

Also regarding the white knight ramblings, be assured that many people don't give a **** about anything discussed here (relating to this last patch fallout), they just play the game and have a good time, if they feel that they are getting bored by it, they just stop playing. Just as easy as that. I play and enjoy the game in exactly that way and I just wrote something in this thread as a counterweight to that one thousand and one threads about "how bad the game is as a whole", which isn't the truth.

Smileybones likes this.
  17. Zaolee

I can't tell if this post was sarcasm or fanboy sinking with ship till the end.

Alexandrious likes this.
  18. KhalidIbnWaalid

19. Jaeger

the sinking ship is the ship where ppl played op class and now they took the op-ness from them called titanic and the changes since this patch which is very good called pearltanic

20. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

If anything your inability to read becomes quite apparent cause I was addressing exactly what they formulated, which is implementing some resistance based meme combat system. So don't pretend you have some elevated knowledge about seeing the greater picture when in fact you don't know jacksһit, which appears to be a common problem with apologists and yes-men.

And, and you simply take it for granted without even thinking for yourself for a moment cause that's the kind of intellectual prowess you try to establish. You know what else they said?

In addition, because the conditions for defense effects being applied differed per class, it became difficult to counter an opponent’s defense effects without having memorized the defense effects of that opponent’s class.

That's their reasoning. Dumbing down the entire game instead of fixing core problems, that's why BDO is in fuсking shambles right now.

Renown is still completely broken. Them adjusting it insignificantly doesn't mean jacksһit, if anything it's another case in point for how they don't understand their own game. And you take this as an example for how we should all have faith in them? Hilarious.

Protesting like people currently do instead of burying your head in the sand and pretending that everything is going to be alright 'because Pearl Abyss said so'. Now is the time to change the direction they are taking, not when we already have an abomination of a game that doesn't even remotely resemble BDO.

Lmao, blaming me when you're not even sure what the fuсk you actually want to say. You quite literally said that the big outcry is simply due to people not wanting to adjust whilst also trying to downplay this metric ton of a clusterfuсk by saying PA is only partly to blame for the manner in which they implemented the changes. You are out of your fuсking mind.