1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To give new players an idea of how much the game tries to nickle and dime you.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Starfury78, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Ravare

Yup I concur, the biggest hurdle you will have with an alt is 1) Costume (can try MP sniping) and 2) Weight Limit (loyalty or pearls for solution).

It does make it a bit hard to try to play a new alt seriously without those. But the weight limit one is the most limiting with alts. Costumes are debatable and may take a bit of time but can be achieved through persistence with asking in server chat and putting notifications on MP when people sell

2. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

What a stupid post.

-55 slots total including starting ones are obtainable ingame and it is impossible you run out of slots while grinding, unless you go for hours, at that point you have to repair anyway.
    -Hercules armor with LT crystals is the best armor set for grinding. Really easy to get and will boost you up to +800lt
    -Elephants and/or wagons will let you carry more things while grinding
    -Residences near the grinding spots + container will give you a shortcut to storage

Cascaden and Ravare like this.
  3. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Wikia NA

You mean the game company is trying to make a gear progression treadmill? I don't see how that's at all an issue. It's the same thing WoW does (used to do? It's been years) with raids. Raids locked out every week, meaning your BiS may never drop or get rolled to another player, and you'd have to wait another week to get a shot. This is a common strategy to increase the lifespan of a game not unique to BDO. Besides, memory frags are easy to get. Fish, farm Valencia, and play smart with your upgrades. Yeah, it takes longer than if you used Artisan's Memories, but it's not as dramatic as you're making it out to be.

The real crime is how awful scrolls are to do. I'd prefer something entertain than going back to Calpheon for the millionth time...

4. Dalenos

So couldn't get mommies credit so now you are QQ on forums o.O

5. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Honestly all you need is couple hundred bucks to get everything you need at least for 1 character and if you plan to play a game for at least a year its totally worth... if you wanna spend more then $1k a year well that really up to how fat your wallet is, most people spend about that much I'd say after all treat it as your hobby, spending couple grand a year on something that you love doing 2-3 or even more hours a day is nothing...

Painfully honest and Zephyrsong like this.
  6. aswedishtiger

Because this lists exists among many other items I could add onto it. Makes this game P2W as ****

Just how the game is literally designed around every single item here and the CORE mechanics of the game "destroy millions of enemies and sell their junk look which has a weight to it to vendors".

Genius business plan. P2W af tho. Does anybody here know any true F2P players? They simply don't exist. Could you imagine picking up every piece of loot from every enemy you kill?

Nakria likes this.
  7. Valestris

lmfao u high? entitled lil ***** spotted!

8. crosspath

Are you drunk? 55 slots turns inventory into a non issue? Ah you mean 71 with value pack?

With 55 slots you can't do ****, Sausans? 15 minutes and those 55 slots full, rogues same, manes, Fadus...

So many clueless people... And 4 people just liking this pure LIE.

aswedishtiger and TucoRamires like this.
  9. Valestris

No but i'm drunk does that ****ing count? little ***

10. crosspath

Sorry? Did i talk to you Mr. Alcoholic? Or did you just used the wrong account to reply?

Anyway, welcome to the clown box, zero loss not reading anything you burp from now on.

11. elgen

the opener either does not know what he is doing which is fine if they are new. Or they over value 50 bucks worth of personal entertainment. Looking at the pack you purchased you got what you moneys worth of goods plus access to the game.

Yes it's only natural that any company would encourage you to spend more.

That being said I bought the cheapest early access pack and have no paid a dime more. I do not feel limited or stuck because I have not paid more and do just fine progression wise when not compared to a hardcore player that spends a ton and play a ton of hours a day.

Edit: Some people do not even buy them game and get it gifted to them for free by other players of the community. So yes it's more then possible to play the game for 100% free.

12. Ampalaea

Could you please name a few? I have played all "AAA" MMOs and all f2p/b2p are same story. Most are much worse than bdo and also they charge you for expansions and DLCs...

Not to mention the lootbox gambling on their stores where you cannot buy directly what you want but you need to gamble on boxes and hope to get it..

the only game that maybe is better is eso but you need to buy lot of dlc and expansions to get access to content in the first place..

Edit: as for my example with the cinema movie, i believe is accurate because both gaming and cinema is entertainment on your free time. Both have the same purpose, to make you have fun on your free time. Someone else can chose to go see a football match instead, or a concert. All these are entertainment.

I dont propose that you must abandon these types of entertainment for gaming entertainment.. i just dont understand why people willingly and happily pay for 1 type of entertainment while have the demand the other type of entertainment to be free.. it does not make sense, espesially since the type of entertainment they want free is the one that entertain them 100x more time than the others...

#32 Ampalaea, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  13. Columba

Nickel.....

14. Exception

You're missing a key difference here:

A movie wants to make it big in the box office. A movie then wants to make profit off the blu ray /DVD release. How do they achieve this? They make a good movie. That good movie gets good reviews and people watch and enjoy that movie.
    It's in the beat interest of who ever is making that movie to make it as best as they can.

A MMORPG with micro transactions is something else entirely.

You're fooling yourself if you think 'fun' is mentioned in any of PA board/investor meetings.

There's a very solid business reason as to why BDO never had a subscription and it's the same reason that led to legislation being passed In Europe a few years ago regarding free to play games.

Face it, you're being exploited. You can rationalize it any way you like.

15. Ampalaea

I am not being exploited... I am aware where I spend my money and why. I play games for fun and I do have lot of fun playing bdo... I just understand that most of the times fun costs money, especially when fun involves the usage of technology. I know the difference between base game experience and enhanced game experience and I am very well aware when I spend my money.

The thing is that you must reconsider why you play games and if you play for fun, if you have fun, or you are always angry because of x y z... You must reconsider how much your entertainment worth to you and how many hours of entertainment you expect to get with 10, 20, 30, .... bucks

16. Exception

You're not getting enhanced gameplay in BDO by paying more, you're getting unimpeded gameplay.

You're rationalizing. That's usually the mid point of addiction - the core driving concept behind BDOs business model.

residente and Painfully honest like this.
  17. Coeprandua

This is simply not true. It wasn't true b4 fairy. Now, it's exceedingly untrue, considering it eats all trash gear.
    For the record, I don't use VP. I didn't buy weight. I use an elephant, which is pretty much mandatory.

18. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

someone paid for it.

19. Ampalaea

Ok... then if I buy a better Golf Club to play golf, or if I buy better shoes to play Basketball/football, or if I buy a better mouse/keyboard to play games on pc, and so on.... this is addiction.. I am nickel and dimmed...

I will say it again. A MMO costs Millions to developed and then it costs lot of money to maintain and add more content etc. When a game is f2p or b2p (10 euro/bucks), it is the base game. It is an entry level of gaming, not the "full" game.

I have a lifetime in Lotro, I bought it 160 euro and I am very pleased I did cause I could play the "full" version of the game for years... in BDO, you can buy a "lifetime" with 200 - 250 euro... 5 pets, all weight limits, extra inventory, 1-2 costumes.. and you are able to play the "full" game for years!

20. Exception

Not a valid analogy.

If you bought a better keyboard to play games on PC and that keyboard only came with the WASD keys requiring you to buy the others individually...that's a fitting analogy.

BDO isn't the first MMO and plenty of others have managed to turn a profit without resorting to this type of business model.

Why charge only 15 a month for a subscription when John Doe that's sitting in thousands of dollars of debt is giving us hundreds of dollars a month for artisans?

Its pretty sad actually. Legislators need to stop the **** up.

Worse yet the people that are actually responsible end up covering the damned tax bill.

Fearless V and Painfully honest like this.