1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To go to Courser college or not? Update!

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by Moerita, May 31, 2018.

?

Should I take my horse to Courser college?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  1. Shaynae

You are correct! So I'd try the exchange first and then the premium if it doesn't work.

Moerita likes this.
  2. Amarenda

Amarenda Talshani Witch 62 NA
    Ambassador

16 on a pure breed is perfect! You can get rid of the kicks!
    I've had several with that amount and it didn't take me much to swap. If you need advice DM me or you can join our horse discord. Lots of ppl to help you through everything there is about Horse!

3. Amarenda

Ambassador

RamblingRose and Shaynae like this.
  4. Moerita

Thanks to everyone for their input. I think it's funny the comments are mostly opposite of the poll.

I went to the end of the discord thread and I think I'm in now, thanks for reminding me!

So this will sound very noob: If by DM you meant direct msg I'm not sure how to do that here. But I would like to know what you meant by "get rid of the kicks". The S kicks?

I'll throw up a quick "Best strat to reroll this horse" in discord while I'm at it.

5. RoxiAmbrosia

You can delete hind kick and forechop.

6. Amarenda

Ambassador

Forechop, Sforechop, hindkick, and Shindkick. And if you got room and don't want it, caution. :D
    I just can't delete Doofie's kicks. Some day hoping IA and FC get their very own keys :o
    Yeah Direct message. You click on the person's name and a little profile pops up and you hit message (I believe without looking that is...) What's your discord name? <3 Prob been talking to you and have no clue lol

7. Dznygal

I just tried to take my T8 with 17 skills to Courser college and here's where I'm at:

I know people have experienced worse, but I'm so disappointed in this aspect of the game. You shouldn't be able to pay more than $50 and get nothing out of it.

I was swapping out rare skills for this.
    upload_2018-7-7_7-48-58.png

RoxiAmbrosia likes this.
  8. Tealsky

I thought my stack of fails for s:sidways moves was bad... 21 here.. It's so frustrating to keep getting caution of forechop over and over or any of the chops lol! That's the only skill I need to make my t8 a lovely courser, I gave up for now lol! Good luck if you try for more, I think i am going to keep going once I cool off lol!

9. Dznygal

Warning: small rant ahead! :P

I'm not sure whether it's a comfort or if it's more infuriating that you're having just as much trouble as I am. I may try it again a little later, but for now I'm switching to fishing. I've been horse training for a year, and I realize that's significantly less time than a lot of players here, but I'm fed up about it being the worst lifeskill in terms of silver earned yet the only one that you're able to spend $100s of on in the Pearl shop. Considering the importance of mounts in this game, the silver-to-dollar ratio is incredibly skewed in favor of the game because you only get a chance at what you want. Besides pets, there is nothing else you pay for and only get to to gamble at (and that only applies to rare pet boxes and upgrading to higher tiers). Although I typically frown on going on this kind of tangent in the forums and I've never done it myself until now lol, I've spent more than $1,000 on this game so I feel I've earned the right to say my piece once and for all.

Anyway, that's all I have to say about that and I won't bring it up again. To those who are trying to send your horsie off to Courser college, I wish you the best of luck! Horse training is super fun and exciting and that's ultimately why I chose it as my profession when I joined the game. Getting that first T8 after being stuck on T6s was marvelous and very rewarding. Keep up the good work. :)

Eneayo, Tealsky, Shaynae and 2 others like this.
  10. Tealsky

I haven't even added how much I have spent on this game, not sure I want to know at this point hehe :P You for sure earned your right!! Wishing so much luck! :) And horse training is by far my favorite life skill, just wish it had more benefits to getting training lvls up!

11. RoxiAmbrosia

My husband had a 25FS and got it on #26 on S. Sideways and his horse had 15 skills. Your RNG is incredibly unforgiving. :( I got S. Sideways on mine that has 16 skills and it was 12 or 13 coupons to get it, I forget. I think in total I spent 50.00 in coupons on my horse in total, and we spent about 75 ( with a few left overs ) on my husbands. ;( I love horse training, but coursers are impossible to obtain naturally, you HAVE TO spend real money on them. It's ridiculous.

Now I'll tell you something that will make you really mad, in KR they have an NPC you can swap hunter seals with to obtain horse training coupons so people don't even NEED to spend irl money on them. UNREAL. There is NO reason this shouldn't be in NA.

Pegacorn likes this.
  12. Tealsky

omg!!! why don't we have that!!! omg! grr! D:<

Pegacorn likes this.
  13. Ascaeldor

Ascaeldor Ascaeldor Musa 62 EU

I really don't wanna be THAT guy but...
    I got 2 T8 coursers without using coupons (2 out of 43 T8's in total, which is totally lucky I know but still) and the NPC you're talking about... I heard it was in russia on a p2p-server. Could be wrong though.

Sidina and Pegacorn like this.
  14. Tealsky

*tries to steal your luck, but see's all your hard work and stops* hehe :)

Pegacorn likes this.
  15. Ascaeldor

I'm watching you...
    [​IMG]

Sidina and Pegacorn like this.
  16. Tealsky

*bribes with picnic?!*
    [​IMG]

Sidina, Pegacorn and Ascaeldor like this.
  17. RoxiAmbrosia

https://bdocodex.com/us/npc/49490/1/
    His name is Devan

Tealsky, Pegacorn and Ascaeldor like this.
  18. Ascaeldor

RoxiAmbrosia, Tealsky and Pegacorn like this.