1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Token of Promise

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Shinbora, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Shinbora

Hello,
    Can someone tell me if Token of Promise still exists? By mistake i threw away Dim Magical Dagger, and it says that to get another one i need to exchange 2 Token of Promise from Ronatz.
    So I went searching how to get that token and i found that i need to do some repeat quests: "Hexe Sanctuary Analysis" and "Ring of Sealed Magical Power". To get this quest i need to talk to Basquean Ljurik and do two quest that make me talk to Bacho and Becker, after doing those quest i should get other one and then the repeat quest, but none of them show me a another quest. If you check the picture I only can make "Becker's Ominous Information" and nothing more.
    [​IMG]

2. Purr

upload_2019-12-20_11-31-19.png
    patch notes for this past tuesday

Shinbora and Solitaire like this.
  3. Andaro

Ambassador

Attached Files:

Solitaire likes this.
  4. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

u stil need token of promise for Deves journal lol. wonder how u get them now.

ok some quests are still available :)

2019-12-20_550333428.PNG

#4 Jannanomana, Dec 20, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  5. Lord_Xenon

Just went for questleveling to Behr and the witch at the hut still have the repeatable quests(once a day/repeat for 30 mobs/90) and still gives those token. But I don't looked if the option to exchange the tokens for the earring still exist.

6. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Once again we need to consider that the people coding the game and making changes do not play the game and have no idea what repercussions will eventuate from the changes.

7. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Exactly, people make blindly random changes and hope for the best.

Or some forum users need to consider that a MMO is a complex piece of software and it's not humanly possible to test everything evrytime and thus sometimes things get overlooked.

Happens in every MMO, but to be aware of this fact, one must have any significative experience with the genre....

8. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I will vote for the first option. They constantly make blind changes and then deal with what they have broken after.

9. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Your ignorance of a MMO dev process shows but it's fine, you'll know better with time, eventually.

On a side note, if your narrative were true, game would have died a long time ago from being in a irrecoverable fubar state after first week's patch but ok, don't let the reality get in the way of your fantasy.

10. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I never said they did not fix their stuff ups, you need to learn to read. They could of course test their changes just a little better then they would not have to go back and rework the bugs they have introduced. Do it once do it right is a great maxim to guide one in life.

11. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

I never said you said they never fix stuffs, you need to learn to read before telling others they need to learn to read.

Sure in an ideal world QA teams would be staffed enough to test everything enough, however this is not what decades of experience in the industry shows, hence my comment about your ignorance.

12. Shinbora

So does anyone knows how can i get the Dim Magical Dagger?

13. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

It's so nice how you keep supporting and encouraging the game devs for all their poorly implemented changes. I doubt you would be so forgiving if your mechanic or electrician were so cavalier with their standard of work

14. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

I'm neither supporting nor encouraging anything, just educating neutrally you about how things work in the industry.

I never stated my personal opinion about usually understaffed QA teams and the consequences about software quality, so if you could stop making things up like a politician to cover the fact you have no actual knowledge about what's you pretend discussing, it would be nice.

15. Lord_Xenon

You must be very incompetent. How can 10 or even 100 devs do the work 1k or even 10k+ player do?
    Some bugs appear first on a large scale or even once in a blue moon, that can't be tested. Even 'obvious' things like UI don't have to be that obvious when they use standard machines that aren't f* up with different software/programs etc. from users.

While I question how some things can be broken with a patch normally not touching it, but blindly saying bugs are caused by incompetent/lazy devs is false.

16. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

How do you get to me being incompetent from me criticising the poor implementation of many of the changes done in this game?

17. Lord_Xenon

Easy:

You are just a bob that post BS to devalue the work of BDO devs. They don't make everything right and sometimes really create BS, but they are humans. I never met a perfect human in my lifetime(except in a few very controlled situations). So how can someone rate the work of devs working on a MMO that they 'don't play' their game or make changes that cause problems/are questionable. They introduce/change so many things, that at some point something can go bad/wrong isn't uncommon then.

But you must be a very good dev that created a gigantic MMO and hardly every done something wrong?

18. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Not a game dev but I am a person that puts emphasis on the standard of work I do. Yes everyone makes mistakes from time to time. I understand also that coding a game is a difficult process but I also think that they have a test server which should be used. You know to test the changes before they release them.

19. WinterMilla

Just like when any software dev creates a program, if it has bugs that have been reported people will expect them to be fixed. I know not everything goes right the first time around, but when every major patch. change seems to create more and more of them you start to wonder. Also you can judge it more since they have a test server to get things right, then you start to have even more doubt. I mean this is the same people who made time to make a change to the game that no one asked for making that global build seem like a pipe dream (that everyone has been smoking), so makes you wonder really.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.