1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomorrow is a sad day.

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Tjaranis, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Tjaranis

back to God vs. insects....
    wish that there was some pvp setup for those who like to test their rl skills with a class instead :/

just wanted to put it here as tomorrow is a sad day I feel :/

2. RngNotWithMe

what u about ??

3. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

Go work for your gains instead of relying on a 7 day free stuff...

Assilma likes this.
  4. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

The free 7day gear.

5. Catastigma

you will have one day your softcap gear. Manage your empire well and grind/savagerift at least 1 hour a day and in a few months you will be Softcap.

#5 Catastigma, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Smileybones likes this.
  6. Tjaranis

was softcapped, failed so many PEN's now i can't get myself to grind back to softcap again (full tri-bis now and even that is like hitting with a pillow vs. high geared.)

PvP is utterly pointless when talking softcap+ vs tri and lower, the difference on the stats is simply far to big for anything you do to really matter in lower number fights.
    in big zergs it is much better as you can literally CC for 20s+ pretty easily meaning even godgeared has a chance to die when 10+ people are hammering them for 20+seconds.

it's just sad that the pvp doesn't exists in a reasonable "none stats>>all" environment in this game and the 7 day set actually had most people pvping in a reasonable fair environment, and even godgeared could die to 3-4 softcapped.
    (i am still a bit baffled of just How Powerful some people's/classes have become with their godgearing, seeing 5people most softcapped hammering on a godgeared for a good 10seconds of CC before he dies, was pretty choking, no pa or awak buff to see just the stats difference on softcap- and godgeared ^^
    hard to believe we are getting an even bigger gab with the caphras update which will be coming :/

edit:
    having to run mindlessly in circles for an abseen amount of hours(or throw abseen amount of money at the game compared to what it is "entertainment"+ a high amount of circle running)
    and spreadsheet afk manage etc. just to do the only actual fun part of bdo the pvp, for me, just seems so demotivating when all you want to do is have fun fighting equal minded people in a semi-fair pvp environment to test our skills and improve and see some awesome looking plays.... just want to have fun with other people and not run in a circle doing nothing, as it is boring as f, or looking at a spreadsheet,as I had more than enough of that from my 4+years of eve online *thinking of nightmare full faction fit 33billion+*.

#6 Tjaranis, Jul 31, 2018
  7. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

It is true that gear difference is huge now, but if you are saying it takes 4 5 soft capped to kill this godgeared person, whatever stats that may be, for over 10 seconds with cc, then thats not true. A softcap alone could problably kill a high renown player of 273+ ap with 300ish dp which is around the norm, but then it would take perfect cc and realistically the 273+ ap dude would easily take out the softcap before it gets to that, whcih again explains the geardifference now. But that doesnt mean it takes 5 softcap ppl to kill 1 if coordinated.

8. RngNotWithMe

so its not tomorrow. but tomorrow from today .

9. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

was a good experiment, now we know for fact that a lot of people are just gear carried lol

Columba likes this.
  10. Tjaranis

I am just saying what i am seeing, assuming most people who do a lot of RBF will be at least lvl 60 this past week and I've seen some War/zerker/strikers who got downed in a zerg of 7+ people and survive for ages, enough to go through multiple rotations of skills
    (and at 249ap witch I can see I do Very little damage to the top-geared; I literally can't kill them as they can so easily outlast anything I can bring, and they 1chain me on every CC which means top-geared with grab is immortal and guaranteed to kill after max a few tries to grab me, even if i get back on soft-cap again).
    also, I know for a fact that if you are 400dp+ you are basically immortal, on most classes, even vs. 250AP, obviously you would rarely want to go that hard on DP duo to AP loss but even at 350DP you become incredibly hard to kill, on the right classes, and you can still obtain enough AP to 1-chain anyone softcap or lower (unless they are high DP in which case you can still kill them and they are not a threat to you even with awak+bs buffs active).

the only chance none softcap players got to ever kill a godgeared is to be full AP=1cc dead from everything, and have both awak+blackspirit buff up at the same time use both and nuke your highest combo hoping the person have gotten to relaxed to notice you buffing up or suddenly rushing like you had gone SS without them noticing and IF you don't react at all you got a chance to kill them while you're enjoying a +50ish AP buff for 30seconds, so better make them count (and ofc. if you get hit at any point by CC you are just dead, so you are relying heavily on 1 lucky hit and no one around to help/protect them)...

personally, I do not think that's a very fun way to have pvp, neither as the top-geared (was softcapped back in the days when no 62 existed) or when you are fighting them, as i am now full tri to many PEN fails to motivated myself investing the time to get back to softcap again .

#10 Tjaranis, Jul 31, 2018
  11. fenzz

didn't we always know that? I dont think we ever needed this experiment to know alot of people are gear carried.

what we did learn though, is that the overwhelming majority of the box carried players are horrible at pvp and die all the same with softcapped gear as they did without.

so the only real difference of having the box around is to increase the amount of karmabombing(i dont think my guild's war list was ever so full) going on in places where these people don't usually go to. I for one am glad its over.

12. Tjaranis

that's a seriously odd conclusion. how did you get to that?

the average player will always be average skill lvl (obv), meaning the vast majority of players are going to lose to roughly 50% of the playerbase given equal gear.
    to that comes gear difference that you can get an absurdly enormous advantage because of gear, i've only played RYL2 which had a worse geargab but essentially it translated to the exact same result just bigger numbers all around.

if anything what the softcap gear did was allow people to see how it would actually be in a "semi-fair" environment (top geared are still at an abseen advantage of 20% dmg taken from full combo's vs. 100% given from half combo's, but for the majority it is not semi-fair).

I don't see how giving people gear to have a fair fight could ever translate into fewer people wanting to take the fight when attacked while trying to grind.
    i don't see how it will demotivated more players from playing any kind of pvp.
    i do not see how it will demotivated people from gearing as they now got a "safe fallback of softcap to always use if stuff explodes, something thats been needed since release imho (a realistic way to not lose progression and hours invested in it).
    and i do not see how it would demotivated people from pve'ing as they can now pve at the spots they find the most entertaining...
    i do see a problem with the limited resources, but as it is set up to "strong gets stronger" the problem is NOT that the "weak" are now going to be everywhere, but that the setup is fcked up and keeps strong "easymode stronger" while punishing everyone else... its a bad design which creates a bad and toxic community (which is extremely well proved in bdo, that is properly sitting on one of the worst, if not the worst, AAA community in the mmorpg genre).

as for feeling the difference on the "veterans" you seem to be forgetting that the softcap gear we got is not optimally crystalled and is still upwards of 70-Statspoints lower than the top geared players (meaning you are fighting full tet with full tri, it is NOT a fair fight and believing people still suck if they lose with softcap gear vs. 70ish statspoints more, fighting in a way they are not used to (the playstyle of being undergeared, equal geared and overgeared change hugely to optimize your playstyle)

13. fenzz

what are you on about?
    first of all the gear is properly optimized. you got the jin/bon crystals already calculated into the items themselves if you didnt notice. you just got a couple of options be it accu/evasion/DR.

but that's besides the point. all i was saying is those people that have never been into the high-tier grindspots before and are now there because of these boxes, die all the same, and karmabomb all the same (until deced on if possible).
    these boxes didn't make them better at the game. it gave them a semi even playing field against people who are much better and much more experienced than them. which didn't change all the that much.

what i was saying that the only thing it did change, is make those grind spot, which usually were relatively empty except for the geared players who usually are honorable and duel for spots to settle conflicts. into a cesspool of karmabombing and greifng heaven like certain lower tier spots (which is one of the reason i avoid these lower tier spots).

so in conclusion. these people still die in pvp like they died before. and no, they haven't resulted into trying to pvp to resolve their conflicts. they continued to grief as they did when they didn't have the gear. all it did is make them move to the spots the geared players go to avoid said players in the first place.

job well done.

14. 6footgeeks

what?

oh yeah. Was fun while it lasted. back to erasing people within a second and getting people banned for getting salty about it,

15. Noixi

Sorry, but that's an INSULT to insects.
    Most insects can at least PESTER the GODS.
    Some can deliver a STING they won't ever forget.
    And some insect bites may do havoc where one has an ALLERGY.

16. Columba

Learn To Share (TM)!

17. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

I've played DP and still do every now and then even at 400+ dp you get shredded coz you die after being cc'd once and the same case is when you play DR heavy as well as using food/alch/elixers/villas help but not by much either. You are not a good you do no damage and with cc changes its even less viable just heal bot now .

2018-08-01_595953986.jpg rip.jpg its always going to be a meme :(

18. Broseph

Would be nice to have a queued balanced gear game mode that all players end up with the meme gear. Seems like a pretty easy system that allows those who are shunned by the RNG Gods to also enjoy end game PvP

Tjaranis likes this.
  19. Evil Wood

I only saw lot of noobs with softcap gear getting facerolled everywhere, maybe it took one more hit... U can say what u like but softcap gs dont make u good.. Only point i dont like the idea of this gear to be permanent it s coz i like ppl work to gain his ****, it s a game play it or pick another one.

Crimson_Scarlet likes this.
  20. Tjaranis

like everything else it depends on what you are fighting.
    currently because everyone do so much damage you need to first have enough AP to 1cc=kill everyone, as thats the only valid gameplay in most cases as everyone have gotten such insane uncatchable movability (even as a witch we can scuffle pretty decently and we are snails compared to other classes movability).
    so yes it is not a valid strategy to go DP, mostly if you/or because you are fighting high AP geared which currently will still 1 shot you on CC.
    but vs. lower geared DP makes you a god as AP is high enough base on godgear to 1 shot everyone but at a 350+ DP as well you become immortal vs. lower geared. true you properly can't do 1vs15+, or you can if you are an iframe class as you rely on grabs not landing->perma CC DA stacking but it is vastly harder than before and even though it is Super lame to be CC'ed for 10-20 sec in a row just staggering on the floor, it is still better than these players being completely unkillable...
    imo.

the reason changes to the bs-buff and stacking it for 50ish ap with awak buff has also increased the AP needed for "1cc=win" gameplay and again i hate the way it is done but it is Still better than the alternative of having Zero ways to actually hurt or kill a person 1-2tier higher geared.

i still don't get how the designer looked at the original pre-awak witch and thought "you know what would synergize really well with an extremely squicy, none mobile, long range nuker class? making it into a short range aoe nuker tank with zero movability and medium/close range without changing any of the skills to actually synergize well together...
    i personally hated what they did with awak-witch weapons (even more now that our only real advantage over wiz, perma shielding or shielding while waiting for engage=safe from initial long range CC engage; is now something wiz also has, and most classes has.... only once that don't have perma shielding is classes who got utterly insane movability... it feels broken and knowing how much the devs hate witches it is hard to feel they where even really trying with it (we are Still using the Wizard model animation set for none awak weapon -_- )

#20 Tjaranis, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Crimson_Scarlet likes this.