1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Topic on how well some quests in story line are done, level of skill on making the quest below zero.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by xMarius, Jan 6, 2020.

1. xMarius

So i just started playing this game got to lv 51 and i got a quest on the sea to drive away hekaru its imposible to do for a begginer whit a quest ship whit no upgrades, keep posting on the server chat how to get past that quest, in the end someone offers to party and kill it, for me i had to drive the ship in position then press R and go to the guns and shoot at it, but my guns did zero dmg, so i try hitting it whit the ship but all it did was go throw it like it was a ghost, this person that comes to help was steering and shooting at same time and kill it in 1 shoot and tells me that u need to upgrade youre ship to do that. ok ******** quest for a beginner to do, ok going past this i get to another quest where i have to kill a young sea stalker, i get to the spot and position the ship go to the guns and fire, was expecting to do zero dmg and get the same **** ass quest like the hekaru, but i did a litttle dmg, so i spend 20 min positioning the ship and taking 1 fire at a time getting his life low and lower, when i get almost to kill him like 4 hits away he stops in place, i take 1 shot and another shot, he doesn`t move i think i`m lucky and gona manage to finish the quest, i do 1 more shot and his 1 shot away from dead, i fire the last shot expecting to get the quest red completed, and for my amaze **** ass 30 min experience, he gets his life back to full, so at this point a big **** you whoever made this **** ass quest

#1 xMarius, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2020
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  2. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

NB4 White Knights come to slam you for your concern.

Honestly you either learn to deal with things like that. Or you leave and go play a MMO that has good PvE systems.

3. xMarius

Even if a learn or not, i can say my opinion, maybe someone would actually do something about it, because they lose money this way, you don`t even start the game properly and u get this **** on the main story line. Great way to promote a game.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  4. Eynix

So you quested until 51, got stuck on ONE quest, so therefore the game is **** ? Ok buddy.

I should warn you tho, there's some quests way harder than that one. Some quests are very hard to do without the bdcodex opened on the side.

Factorial and AZzalor like this.
  5. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Let me guess. Your previous game was WoW?

Factorial, Lord_Xenon and AZzalor like this.
  6. Grizabella

Until you have very good gear, you will have to occasionally party up for some quests. We have all been there when we started. Even the Discos were once mandatory party bosses for us.

Factorial and Mr Deap like this.
  7. xMarius

I didn`t say the game is ****, i said some quest are made by idiots, and is 1 thing to be difficult and another thing to be impossible to do alone, and for the first one i search on youtube and saw 1 guy hitting the monster whit the boat i try the same thing from all angles and all i was doing was going through the monster no dmg dealt, i try fire at him and did 0 dmg and got 1 person who had a upgraded ship 1 shot that monster, if its impossible for a beginner to do whitout a party, put in description PARTY quest so i don`t waste my time trying to do it whitout a party or don`t put that quest only after the caracter reach high levels where he can farm and upgraded the ship so he can do it i`m not even reach lv 56 and i get a storyline quest impossible, thats for the first quest, second one i went and fire at the monster saw i made dmg so i continue whit stupid routine of going to the wheel to steer stop going to the guns to fire for 20 mins and when it was 1 shot from dead he just got full health back. So yea the game is not **** just the ppl who made this specific quest could`ve made a effort to actually made the quest whitout bugs until now and easier so i actually get at least to awakening quest and start farming, not get me stuck 5 levels before. For this level of game put some ****ing effort in at least doing thee storyline quest whitout bugs, achievable whit starter items and/or put party required for the impossible alone to do, so i don`t waste my time search the internet for a way to do it.

No

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  8. Eynix

9. xMarius

Like i said, a past that one and got to killing young sea stalker, got him down to 1 hit to dead i fire the cannon and what i see next is full life monster and quest not done, now i log in to game and it not let me take the wheel to guide the ship, it just say try again later and keeps running into the wheel. awesome game.

And if its the hardest in game why the **** don`t they put you to kill it from level 1 why wait until 51 just put it in at level 1 so i know not to waste 51 levels to quit the game, put it in a ****ing side quest not in the main quest before reaching farming levels, it was just random that someone offer to party whit me, if that didn`t happend i would`ve just sit and search youtube like a idiot to find a way to kill it. Spending hours looking at useless videos, just because the ppl who made it forgot to say that its don`t on secondary characters and that they already had upgrade mades.

#9 xMarius, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  10. Amirite

Then English translation from Korean fail a lot times in this games, even the patch notes and what really goes on in the game are full of errors.
    That's also why many players have a hard time to figure them out, because the translation is really bad and not always clear on what you should do. Most of us have learned to live it with this because we really don't have any other choice.

I just suggest that you either try to join a guild with more skilled player that can help you or wait until you have played the game more. Some quest you have to wait with until you level 61 and get better gear, is just not always clear in the quest and you end up dead.
    They (PA) sometimes try to make group content for BDO; but most of the times it fails imo. and end up with players getting even more annoyed about it.

Hope it helps a little.

Phoenixxx75 and Fateneko like this.
  11. AlnilamE

OP, I have played since launch and I've never even encountered that quest.

I agree that if it is a requirement to kill a Hekaru, there should be a minimum Sailing level requirement, like Apprentice 1 or something. That way, you've at least been on a boat in the great ocean.

I second the suggestion to join a guild that matches your play style. There are guilds of all kinds in BDO. It does help clear up some of the obscure stuff.

12. Eynix

It's one of those new quests for the great ocean "addons" I think.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  13. Lord_Xenon

From the frustration grade to tell it must be the hunt for young seamobs quest for the Oquilla questline. It indeed lacks a description that you should be proper equipped and understand the mechanic of seamobs. The entire ocean content is focused around the improved/new ships.
    And that the seamob resetted to full health is no bug. This happens to landmobs too if you go out of their aggro range of combat.

You don't seem to comprehend that the mentioned questline is NOT mandatory to achieve awakening. It's only an introduction to the new seacontent. Like other storyline quests. This is not a problem of the questdesign but the player. You have to grow with the story not just think that a starting char can do everything.

And you can ram(which cost a lot of ship HP) to get rid of resthp of seamobs if it's to difficult for you to gun down it.

14. Factorial

Come on, in MMORPGs, some quests are just hard unit you are properly geared. Nothing to get upset about. It's a process. Give it time.

15. Allan1985

"Topic on how well some quests in story line are done, level of skill on making the quest below zero."

you reading skills are below 0

#15 Allan1985, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020