1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transforming my Gear into an Outfit!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by `Valor, Nov 21, 2017.

?

Implement Gear Tailoring Coins?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I'd like to say yes... However, there is something I'm not sure about.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. `Valor

Outfit Gear Tailoring Coin?
    Classic Gear Tailoring Coin?
    Premium Gear Tailoring Coin?

!!Read the below description/suggestion for more details!!

Please, allow for some round-about function that is practically the same as say a Functional Pearl Shop Item (Like the Equipment Tailoring Coupon) to transform actual Gear into Outfits that fit into the slots that purchased Pearl Shop Outfits fit into, and let's call them Gear Tailoring Coins! My reason for this is that there's some classes I'd prefer to see a particular Armor I grind with shown for that class/character as the outfit rather than an actual Pearl Shop Outfit for that said class. Also I'd like the Equip Effects and Outfit Slot Equip Effects for all Pearl Outfit Pieces to also be placed onto the gear we choose to transform into outfits. Say, Strength Armor of Heve is what we choose to be transformed into an Outfit piece, after the transformation, however, that gear piece's item/set effects change to Outfit Equip/Slot Equip Effects shown on other Outfits in the Pearl Shop, or Marketplace.
    Example Given:
    • Strength Armor of Heve: No Item effect Overwritten to -10% Death Penalty Equip Effect
    • Strength Gloves of Heve: No Item effect Overwritten to +10% Amity Equip Effect
    • Strength Boots of Heve: No Item effect Overwritten to +0.5 Jump Height Equip Effect
    • Strength Helmet of Heve: No Item effect Overwritten to +10m Vision Equip Effect
    • Outfit Slot Equip Effect: 4 piece = 10% Combat Exp; 6 Piece = 10% Skill Exp; 8 Piece = Death Penalty Resistance, Reduce Weapon Durability Consumption 10%
    This change in this Gears Set Effect & Item Effect is after it has been transformed into an Outfit. The Outfit Slot Equip Effects will work with any mix of corresponding Outfit Pieces worn together as well. In other words you can equip a Strength Armor of Heve with Grunil Gloves, and Zereth Boots, a Rosar Longsword, etc. as Outfit Pieces onto your character to activate that Outfit Slot Equip Effect likewise with Pearl Shop Outfits. The Equip Effects are applied as the individual pieces holding those Equip Effects are equipped.

Now we could just have 3 different Gear Tailoring Coins, one will perform a transformation on or a set of 4, 6, or 7 pieces of gear that is corresponding with it's use to be for defensive gear only, or with weapons. With this however - what will happen is you buy one Gear Tailoring Coin, and once you right-click it to activate this functional item it will open a window much like a branding stone. Depending on the Gear Tailoring Coin it will show 4 slots, 6 slots, or 7 slots. You will need all slots filled in the slot menu activated in order to activate the transformation and to use up the functional item.

Once you've decided to transform your gear into an outfit, but it's branded then it would be nice to receive said Branding Stone back, or a warning message to let you know that you will lose said Branded Effect if you transform your gear. Also I believe that the said Gear turned Outfit should also have a use in the Central Marketplace under Pearl Items Tab - giving a Set Labeled Prices similar to that of Pearl Shop purchased Outfits. With that in mind the ability to melt said gear down into Cron Stones should also be implemented. Also, enhanced gear cannot be transformed.

The Price of the 3 Functional Items (Gear Tailoring Coins): It's pretty simple The 4 Piece Coin is for Armor only, 6 Piece Coin is for 4 pieces of Armor and 1 Main Hand, 1 Sub- Hand; 7 Piece Coin is for 4 pieces of Armor and Main Hand, Sub-Hand, and Awakening.This is makes the conversion easy if we take into account what type of Outfit Boxes provide, and with their prices.
    Outfit Set Box = 2,200 Pearls -> Outfit Gear Tailoring Coin
    Classic Set Box = 2,900 Pearls -> Classic Gear Tailoring Coin
    Premium Set Box = 3,400 Pearls -> Premium Gear Tailoring Coin

Please, respond to this suggestion I would like to see your feedback. This is a very, very, very old post, since 2017 but I'll leave the poll for you to vote on if you'd like - and I'll be praying like mad in hopes that these votes turn out in favor of this suggestion. If you have anything you'd like to point out - please do so! I really want this idea implemented.

#1 `Valor, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    Schwertfee and Bubblepuff like this.
  2. `Valor

I hope this is better laid out for anyone who may not have had much ease in reading this idea the first time!

3. M337

M337 Witch NA

so if i like the default model for my grunil helmet on the witch and wish to still keep its appearance while having a giath or griffon without having to look like the way they are, these things come in?

Schwertfee and `Valor like this.
  4. `Valor

Exactly. If you do like the look of your Grunil Helmet, but would prefer wearing a Giath/Griffon Helmet for its reasons of having better stats then yes this is where these Gear Tailoring Coins would come in. This will keep the appearance of wearing the Grunil Helmet as it's equipped to the Outfit/Costume Slot while you have a Giath/Griffon Helmet Equipped in your Gear Slot.

#4 `Valor, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Schwertfee likes this.
  5. M337

M337 Witch NA

i was going through all the outfits in kr and seems like they had a set that is the one of the regular(non boss?) looking sets for each class.
    i personally dont know if they still have it in their pearl shop but an item like that does exist so i doubt the devs would go an extra step in creating a whole new system than just porting those outfits to NA/EU.
    though it is a great idea and i would still want more choices (im addicted to big pointy hats!?)

Schwertfee likes this.
  6. `Valor

So they already have a Functional Item/Consumable that allows the transformation for regular gear in-game into an outfit; Maybe even taking the same exact model of in-game gear and implemented it into the pearl shop? If so, then I'm okay with waiting then - but I'd like to see if this is true first before I give up on this Idea. I'll be looking for it.

7. `Valor

I've researched it - and currently there is no listed Outfit in the Pearl Shop in any version for Black Desert Online that is the style of In-Game Gear but as a Pearl Shop Outfit

- List of Armor unavailable as Outfits:

• Rocaba
    • Grunil
    • Taritas
    • Zereth
    • Dobart
    • Argerian
    • Talis
    • Strength of Heve
    • Hercules' Might
    • Luck of Fortuna
    • Lemoria (Newly Added)
    • Reblath
    • Giath's Helmet
    • Tree Spirit Armor
    • Bhegs Gloves
    • Muskans Shoe's
    • Griffon Helmet
    • Urugon's Shoes (Not In-Game yet I don't think)
    • Red Nose Armor
    None of the above listed gear can be transformed into an Outfit with any Pearl Shop Item listed under any tab, preferably the Functional Tab either. Again - I do believe this is a very good idea because there are several players who I'm sure want this gear listed above available as an Outfit even without the Item/Set effects originally set on the Gear! Asking for Gear to be available as Outfits would be nice even if they were to just Add the Gear into the Pearl Shop as just Outfit Set's! Wow I should edit my post just to drop that in there...

The point is that they may not ever make it possible to obtain any of that armor listed above since they don't even give you a choice for it in any version yet including our own none-the-less.

#7 `Valor, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    Schwertfee likes this.
  8. Bubblepuff

Bubblepuff Bubblepuff Shai 64 EU

9. `Valor

If I could I would, Aeyuna... If I could I would. Here's some screenshots of armor I took - One being Zereth on the Valkyrie, and the other being Strength of Heve on the Maewha.

- Also that Valkyrie is wearing a Kzarka Longsword, obviously needs re-shaped into what the Kzarka Longsword's Icon show's it to be.. The actuall look does apply to the Warrior class, so why not the Valkyrie?

Attached Files:

#9 `Valor, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.