1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Traveled to Heidel, now I can't play two of my characters.

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Green Domo, Jan 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Green Domo

So after returning to Black Desert and having a pretty fun time with my new character, I'm stuck in heidel because when i log in the game instantly crashes. Before the first crash about an hour ago, my settings were on very high and the game was running perfectly. As soon as i set foot in heidel for a quest the game crashed. I tested it on low settings, everything turned all the way down and the same thing happened. I don't have anything heavy running in the background while playing bdo. My drivers are all up to date.

I even tried to send the game to the system tray as soon as my character loaded to see if the game would process everything better in the background. I waited about 15 minutes and when i moused over the icon in the system tray it disappeared, like the game crashed during those 15 minutes and the icon stayed in the tray for some reason. The reason my second character is stuck is because i wanted to test if it was just my new character that this is happening to or not, so i went to heidel with her and not 5 meters past the gate the same crash happened.

My pc specs are as follows,

CPU: i7 9700K
    GPU: MSI RTX 2070
    Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance

My gpu and cpu are both overclocked and has no problem running this game on very high. This was the first time i have experienced crashes this severe.

2. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Have you done a game repair from the game launcher? This usually fixes problems like this. In the game launch window after you have logged in you need to click on the cog icon on the top right. After this click the game repair tab.

Saccharin and Green Domo like this.
  3. Green Domo

I did not think of that as it did not seem that the game was broken in a sense, more like the city just had an overwhelming number of people/objects to load. This has fixed the issue for me, thank you very much!

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  4. GM Arcana

Game Master

Heyo! I'm sorry to hear that you were having crashing issues! I see that Phoenixxx75 has beaten me to the punch and helped you fix the issue ^^ If you have any further issues, please let me know. Have a nice day!

5. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Shai 62

After a crash the cache may also be in a broken state and prevent you from logging in with the character you were playing at the time of the crash. So clearing the cache can help too. Downside if you clear a character crash is you lose that character's specific settings and have to redo them.