1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TRI BS > PEN Kzaka C20 in PVE-Awake

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WaifuJanna, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Allan1985

higher level than yourself monsters have always high evasion wich is automatically countered by leveling up to the adequate level for that zone.

2. ManlyBeard

Pen blackstar and Pen kzarka c20 have the same amount of accuracy ...

There was no need to express myself properly, since you labeled it a PvE weapon.

3. Allan1985

you are right the accuracy is the same if you caphras it, but not the AP, C20 kzarka has 10 more AP due to caphras, while in BS you give up that AP to gain +48 AP vs monsters, in other words Kzarka is for PVP Blackstar is for PVE

4. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

Still wrong.
    upload_2020-8-1_11-14-1.png

5. Allan1985

i see, so the BDO codex automatically adds the AP but not the accuracy to the upper description wich is why i assumed it was separate.
    upload_2020-8-1_12-20-16.png

that said my argument still remains, BS damage vs monsters is enough to classify it as a BiS PvE weapon

6. ManlyBeard

The best way to compare items and setups is probably on bdoplanner, which has accurate item details.

Saying your argument remains, while in your original statement you didn't label Blackstar as "BiS" PvE weapon.
    No one will even dispute that, and no one did, but the fact is that it's also very viable if not as viable for PvP as a c20 kzarka. The 2 less species dmg won't make a massive impact.

But to label is as just a PvE weapon is wrong.

7. Hajiarux

market prices.
    and how much crons to get that thing to pen.
    Best weapon in the game.

8. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

you can . misses = 0 -> 0 dmg dealt

9. Xenon

Literally no one asked you that. If a person had the ability to consider either option, with both options being viable for them, they'd just go for a pen Blackstar because it's slightly cheaper and it's better for pve. If not, they'd just go for the Tri blackstar because it's literally 97 bil cheaper.

The rest of the post is literally a nobrainer for anybody who knows anything about how gear works.

10. Blitzball

What about c19 TRI Ultimate Green awakening weapon VS PEN Dandelion for pvp with succession ? :D

11. Vortexii

Factually Incorrect:

@Jannanomana is correct and you are simply wrong. This was a simple MATH demonstration to point out that a TRI Blackstar could perform (UNDER CONDITIONS PROVIDED) better than a +20 PEN Weapon.

Additionally, the full PEN was explained and justified. As without that the equation would be more problematic due to Bonus AP brackets.

If @Jannanomana was inept as the developer that couldn't pass a basic tutorial it wouldn't matter either. The MATH behind this has no relation to the skill of the player.

WaifuJanna likes this.
  12. Xenon

Or c19 pen ultimate kalis weapon vs blackstar!

Uh, no. Viability is a serious factor in considering gear Not to mention, the first line opens with "I've been asked which of these two is better." No one who ask this because at the point they could consider c20 pen kzarka, they'd just get pen blackstar instead and not even think about the tri blackstar. The only thing they're factually incorrect about is Janna proclaiming they're the worst witch on EU. They've never said that. They've however claimed to be one of the best witches on EU, which is pretty absurd of them to claim and factually incorrect. C:

13. Diepel

PEN Kzarka C20

This is not even a question. Nor do you need any tests to come to this conclusion.

14. Graugus

Who told you this?

Hands down, Black star is BIS, at least until they introduce something better.

15. Vortexii

The statement was:
    Since people asked me "What is better TRI BlackStar or PEN Kzarka C20 if i only play awakening anyways?" i did the test.

In response @Jannanomana provided the mathematical break down between the two.

You assume no one would ask because with their imaginary infinite resources they would just have a PEN Blackstar. It would be reasonable for person to have VERY LITTLE wealth, and decide on a future goal or just want to know the comparison.

16. Graugus

Had to edit this since people already corrected you.

This has already been done with Kutum coupled with Blackstar weapon showed that mobs were taking like 45% more damage with same skills used Then Offin and Zarka.

I’ll see if I can find the videos on Youtube showing this.

17. Diepel

with very little wealth there is no need to compare a TRI BS to a PEN Kzarka. Just doesn't make any sense. There is no decision involved at all. There is only one answer and that is TRI BS.

18. Vortexii

Wrong:
    First without the data you wouldn't be able to do a fair analysis on it.

Second if both weapons turned out perfectly equal PEN Blackstar / +20 PEN Kzarka, it would be reasonable to go for either. Outside factors are important such as availability on the market and enchant rates.

I would personally choose the stronger weapon as the long term goal even if it meant a distinctly higher value. I would also prefer obtaining a near infinite amount of Caphra's before engaging in the cancerous RNG system ;)

19. Diepel

I am not talking about PEN BS and PEN Kzarka.

Simple question:

I offer you a PEN Kzarka C20 or a TRI BS. Both for free.

What would you take? There you have your answer. A complete no-brainer.

20. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

then you should go back to school and make simple calculus...

tri blackstar since its better.

Yea sadly people in this forum cant make factual discussions. even prooven with math and video proof. they still say "NO" cause they cant accept that they wasted billions of silver for a weaker weapon...

But if bigandshiny famous influencer posting random google doc without ANY video proof people believe it... lmaof...

Vortexii likes this.