1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation trina combat rifle doing abnormal damage to sea monsters

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by Jewbelno0921, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Epsilonial

You could try not trolling. It would help clean up the discussion some.

They should be making these areas more viable for more reasons then just hacking though. Take this debacle. It was an accessible way to make sailing a desirable lifeskill, and provided fairly balanced income to people willing to do it. Given, Trina Matchlocks were probably a bad item for it to happen with, but it's not like anyone used them anyways.

Now instead of simply nerfing the damage (Because it was a bit silly), or moving the onus of killing sea monsters from Matchlocks to Cannons, we are now stuck in a scenario where an entire *region*, an entire lifeskill (The hardest one to level to boot), the entire concept of boats and Trina Matchlocks are completely worthless.

It's like they looked at a plethora of options, and chose the worst possible option. It makes no sense.

Velexia likes this.
  2. Findubar

90% sure that any mmo with asian backup that does not capture the asian market is marked dead regardless of how well it does in the west. (got only 1 concrete evidente from ncsoft leaked by tabula rasa creator...its a long interview)

iller likes this.
  3. iller

It's time for you to stop Lying. We all know you don't farm Sea mobs with Cannons anyway.
    Upgraded Galley cannons do as much DPS as the Trinas do now. Everyone knows PA can't fix anything without breaking something else

Hows about I send in a Ticket on the T+wQ Exploit that you're using also??
    Let's have an Arm's Race to the Bottom here until Everyone's future look like this...
    [​IMG]

At this rate, Once Dreigan gets here, AFK processing will be making TWICE as much silver as this makes

#283 iller, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Velexia likes this.
  4. Shdw

Shdw Shdw Wizard 61 NA

I'm hunting Sea Monsters right now, I have 2 gunners on my ship, the cannons are dealing damage normally. Not lying about anything. Sounds more like you're the one lying, but I should just accept that you're trolling. Good luck out there.

Quack.™®©

5. Isteria

well, this whole thread is a troll thread. there is no discussion going just some blah blah. pretty much the same blah blah we have read in the other threads about sea hunting. even the people posting in here are the same as in the other 5-6-7-8 threads.

it was a bug / it is now fixed. topic closed,

6. lislisa

I have made a suggestion thread about what can be done about damage in general to sea monsters including. cannons, matchlocks, trinas etc.

https://community.blackdesertonline...ks-cannons-and-damage-to-sea-monsters.232040/

While I agree that the match lock was doing way too much damage to the sea monster I think it was a fun new addition to the margoria something else to work towards and breath life to the ocean.

Anyway

The nerf was good but wishing it was kept viable in comparison to other methods

Velexia likes this.
  7. Epsilonial

I mean. It's true enough. I just found it amusing to see someone whose basically done nothing but troll the thread, tell other people not to troll it.

It's hard to keep something viable in comparison to methods that borderline do not qualify as viable in the current game. To be fair.

iller and Velexia like this.
  8. iller

You can't Lie your way around fresh Video of it. That damage is now a JOKE.
    (but the Ram spamming is waaaay higher), and takes a lot less patience / aiming)

...don't tell me that the real reason you've been such a sour Killjoy on is b/c you've been doing the least efficient way possible all this time, and you're just BUTT MAD that other people were making way more money than you??.... kinda sounds like someone else we know....

[​IMG]

#288 iller, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Velexia likes this.
  9. Shdw

Shdw Shdw Wizard 61 NA

That looks like how much damage it's always been doing. Which, even if it is lower, is still more than what the Trina Matchlock is doing now after it's fix, so you can't say cannons are doing as little as the fixed Trina Matchlocks. Regardless, it could just be the Galley cannons having this issue, because my Frigate is doing as much damage as it always has with it's cannons. Maybe you should send in a ticket about that, since it's a really important issue to you.

I mean if you actually read the entirety of the thread, you'd have seen I mention killing Sea Monsters like the Candidum in approximately 3 minutes. I usually do a combination of ramming and cannon fire, because I almost always bring 1~2 other people with me. Not really sure how you thought I was ever doing anything inefficiently. Based on your lack of reading it seems more like you're the one who apparently is "BUTT MAD" as you put it and are just trying to complain about anything at this point.

Quack.™®©

10. iller

How the hell would you know? You altready admitted you only own a regular boat, Not a fully upgraded guild Galley

11. Shdw

Shdw Shdw Wizard 61 NA

A fully upgraded Frigate would deal just as much as a Guild Galley per shot. They do have the same stats after all. Besides:
    As I already said.
    Additionally, you didn't specify it was only the guild Galleys cannons that were doing minuscule damage, you generally said "Upgraded Cannons", so due to your vague statement I was lead to believe you were generalizing all cannons as having been reduced in damage.

Quack.™©

12. Epsilonial

Cannon/ram damage isn't bugged on sea monsters. The damage has *always been* pathetically low to the point that doing the content has never been worth doing. Hence why no one does it besides for the memes.

13. shidoxen

Rams still work fine. \0/

Shdw likes this.
  14. Floffy

Trina matchlock has a bad translation for english, they are designed for conquest wars and seahunting. There is no bug or exploit there my friend, just a bad translation. =)

15. Floffy

BAD TRANSLATION, in other languages it does say that its ment for ocean(seahunting) too.

16. Isteria

That necro ...

Shdw likes this.